Make a donation

Author Topic: TFS Bradford  (Read 887 times)

Offline andrewparker

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 78
TFS Bradford
« on: December 14, 2011, 11:22:12 am »
Hi guys, I was wondering if anyone had used TFS Bradford for accident repair before? My car is going in there to repair damage caused when a white van took a swipe at me.

Just wondering if there anything I should look out for?

Offline sundance

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 1
Re: TFS Bradford
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2011, 11:33:04 am »
I can't really tell from the picture on the extent of the damage, but if the damage is only cosmetic, you would be surprised with how much a bottle of Autoglymn Super Resin Polish, some decent cotton cloths + lot of elbow grease can achieve!  Prior to my Golf I had an F10 520d company car and that suffered a similar fate one and that was tidied up without having to go to body shops etc... 

Good luck whatever you do!

Offline andrewparker

• Thank You
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2011, 11:51:56 am »
Well it's all being taken care of by my insurance company so I have little choice. Unfortunately the tracking is completely out and both wheels are pointing in the wrong direction. The front wing is pushed in and the headlight is scuffed. The front splitter is also protruding around 1cm from where it should be and the alloy wheel has a large scratch running across the centre. Engine management light has also popped on.

Offline Hedge

• Thank You
  • -Given: 484
  • -Receive: 304
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2011, 12:36:55 pm »
Are they an approved VW repairer?
I think that would be my only criteria when choosing someone to do the work.

Offline andrewparker

• Thank You
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2011, 12:49:30 pm »
I don't think they are. Unfortunately I'd have to pay £200 to be able to choose which repair centre carries out the work.

Offline sundance

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 1
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2011, 02:11:51 pm »
Well it's all being taken care of by my insurance company so I have little choice. Unfortunately the tracking is completely out and both wheels are pointing in the wrong direction. The front wing is pushed in and the headlight is scuffed. The front splitter is also protruding around 1cm from where it should be and the alloy wheel has a large scratch running across the centre. Engine management light has also popped on.

You most definitely need more than Autoglym for that ;-)

Good luck

Offline Hedge

• Thank You
  • -Given: 484
  • -Receive: 304
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2011, 05:53:37 pm »
I don't think they are. Unfortunately I'd have to pay £200 to be able to choose which repair centre carries out the work.

How come?  :confused: