Make a donation

Author Topic: Blackberry Users  (Read 586 times)

Offline Johnny_tro

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 12
Blackberry Users
« on: December 18, 2011, 09:35:19 pm »
All this is very random but my son is nagging me and I'm stuck - simply because I hate the BB and have never used one.....

He's young but texts his friends on BB messanger ALL the time. Like the symbols we use on here

:smiley: :xmassmiley: :happy2: :xmaspresent: :laugh: :tree: :mad: :party: etc

He wants to update his......his friend has sent him a msg with new symbols/emotions on - how does he save these to the phone itself for him to use?
'VANDALISED' MK5 GT :( - RNS510 H, Bluetooth Armrest, MDI, 50gb hard drive, I can't park  sensors, Cruise Control, Highline Display, MFSW, Heated Seats, Remote Aux Heating System (Heats and Vents) Winter Pack, Heated & Folding Mirrors, Puddle Lights, Xenons, Headlamp Washers, Heated Washers, Auto lights and wipers, LED's, GTI brakes,, black R32 roof lining, Scirocco Rear View, Rear Footwell Lights

Offline MarkMarked

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 4
Re: Blackberry Users
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2011, 10:09:37 pm »
Don't use a BB myself but as I understand it

Copy Symbols one at a time

Go to your AutoText options (Options>AutoText)

Create a New Auto Text

Make a shortcut name for the symbol you want in the “replace” field. (For example if you want the pig symbol, you may want to type “piggy” in this field.)

Paste the symbol from the bbm into the “with” field (the symbol will come up as a square here, but should show in bbm) and save

When you type piggy in BBM you should get an emotion of the pig symbol instead

Offline Johnny_tro

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 12
Re: Blackberry Users
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2011, 10:47:59 pm »
Oh OK I was hoping I could save them all as a batch file or overight the current ones.

Dammmm this is going to take me ages lol
'VANDALISED' MK5 GT :( - RNS510 H, Bluetooth Armrest, MDI, 50gb hard drive, I can't park  sensors, Cruise Control, Highline Display, MFSW, Heated Seats, Remote Aux Heating System (Heats and Vents) Winter Pack, Heated & Folding Mirrors, Puddle Lights, Xenons, Headlamp Washers, Heated Washers, Auto lights and wipers, LED's, GTI brakes,, black R32 roof lining, Scirocco Rear View, Rear Footwell Lights