Make a donation

Author Topic: Photo's From JKM Rolling Road day 18th April.  (Read 17910 times)

Offline Poppa Dom

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 40
Re: Photo's From JKM Rolling Road day 18th April.
« Reply #45 on: April 19, 2009, 09:36:45 pm »
FRom what I can recall GolfGirl got 310nm of torque.

Dom

Offline Golfgirl

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 12
  • -Receive: 23
« Reply #46 on: April 19, 2009, 09:37:04 pm »

What torque figure did you get Golfgirl? Have you got your graph to hand to have a butchers at?

310lb/ft.

I'll scan my graphs in tomorrow as I'm in the middle of cooking our dinner and don't really have time tonight :happy2:

FOR SALE!

Phil Mcavity

« Reply #47 on: April 19, 2009, 09:40:05 pm »
Stage 1 only will get 40bhp gain with no other mods. Stock cars came in bang on the money Ben, so Jkm's rollers are accurate.

Depends Ben, If a set of rollers say your car produces x ammount thats more then other rollers then of course you gonna say the one that posted more is the one to believe in.Its a dyno lottery, which no one has the answer. Mine were down 10bhp for shoving redEx in the tank, but all other  graphs were bang on the money as my last 3 runs.

:confused: 278bhp from a Stage 1 Revo car is a bit concerning.. Unless the car has faults or crap fuel etc.. :confused:

x2
No her car is running faultless, and isnt done on power. Claire and her Husband ran some other tests prior to going on jkm's rollers which measures the cars estimated bhp. It came out 2bhp out.
So to see 2 stock cars pull stock factory figures, and claires came out exactly as they predicted, was some sort of proof that they are fairly accurate and not "Optimistic" as some other roads can be.
Remember she has only a map and nothing else, no exhaust , just standard so 290 teritory would be a reasonable estimate.

We're back to this same old argument which will never be solved in anyones opinion.
Its not all about chasing "Big numbers" as at the end of the day, thats not the be all and end all.
I agree mate that it's not all about chasing numbers. But it just seems that JKM seem to be the only RR in the country that I have seen that consistantly give low figures on mapped/tuned cars.. 290bhp terriotory is a reasonable estimate, yeah. But it's not 290bhp, it's 278bhp and if I had payed £500 for 300bhp, that is what I would want, not 22bhp less..
I for one don't really care whether my car RR's at 330bhp or 33bhp as it is what it is and still goes like stink (when I can drive it  :grin:), but if I was to put mine on JKM's rollers and it pulled around 290bhp then I would seriously question it's accuracy as it goes a lot quicker than 290bhp and would defy the laws of physics if it actually was..
Just seems odd that when some of our chaps run there car at JKM compared to other RR's, they are always way down on what they read elsewhere (even if they are another set of DD rollers like Weston Performance for instance)..
Like you say though, it's going to be near on impossible to prove and you can't fault JKM's accuracy for standard car's figures, but it just seems that modded/mapped cars always seem to pull crap results compared to every other RR in the country..  :confused:
Agree with you ben , but also there is a slim chance that out of about 7-8 different tested Rollers from anyone from here, that one of them maybe the more accurate then the others.

How can you feel whether your car is 330bhp then something thats 290bhp. How can you interept that?? i cant, doesnt change the Ed30's are flippin fast mapped, but also if comparing something " the feels " a certain hoursepower is very hard to interpret. Power to weight if measuring against other higher powered vehicals is again as we know difficult to measure.Only from vid evidence has proven that but thats were this  particular sentance stops.

Revo from memory dont claim 300bhp on their maps. Again depends on where the cars are tested to throw up that senario.

All im trying to say is, a car feels quick but i for one couldnt turn and say to you, your car feels like its got 320 bhp under the bonnet, because i and most others couldnt easily predict that.

There will never be a conclusive answer except in our own minds be happy with the way the car drives and if she can handle the power then HAPPY days, and you know the time to stop chasing these "Bigger" figures
« Last Edit: April 19, 2009, 09:47:47 pm by Phil Mcavity »

Phil Mcavity

« Reply #48 on: April 19, 2009, 09:49:21 pm »

What torque figure did you get Golfgirl? Have you got your graph to hand to have a butchers at?

310lb/ft.

I'll scan my graphs in tomorrow as I'm in the middle of cooking our dinner and don't really have time tonight :happy2:
It may appear on jkms website also in the coming days.Normally does ben :happy2:

Offline Sunglasses Ron

• Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 15
    • Email
« Reply #49 on: April 19, 2009, 09:54:52 pm »
Revo Stage 1 on ED30/Cupra/TTS/S3 etc is qouted at 300bhp mate..
I'm not on about a bum dyno mate, i'm reffering to the performance aspect against other cars (the one that got me in trouble for a start :ashamed:) and more  accurately my 1/4 mile / 0-100mph / 30-130mph times. There is no way a 1350kg car with 290bhp would achieve those results IMO.. For a start it would give a power/weight of around 210bhp/tonne which is about what a Nissan 350Z is and a mapped ED30 would chew one of those up and spit it out.. :wink:

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #50 on: April 19, 2009, 10:02:51 pm »

I agree mate that it's not all about chasing numbers. But it just seems that JKM seem to be the only RR in the country that I have seen that consistantly give low figures on mapped/tuned cars.. 290bhp terriotory is a reasonable estimate, yeah. But it's not 290bhp, it's 278bhp and if I had payed £500 for 300bhp, that is what I would want, not 22bhp less..

I for one don't really care whether my car RR's at 330bhp or 33bhp as it is what it is and still goes like stink (when I can drive it  :grin:). But if I was to put mine on JKM's rollers and it pulled around 290bhp then I would seriously question it's accuracy as it goes a lot quicker than 290bhp and would defy the laws of physics if it actually was..

Just seems odd that when some of our chaps run there car at JKM compared to other RR's, they are always way down on what they read elsewhere (even if they are another set of DD rollers like Weston Performance for instance)..

Like you say though, it's going to be near on impossible to prove and you can't fault JKM's accuracy for standard car's figures, but it just seems that modded/mapped cars always seem to pull crap results compared to every other RR in the country..  :confused:

Once I am back on the road I will definately make the long trip down to JKM just to get a comparison.. Be interesting if anything else.. :happy2:

....You say "crap results" - As far as I'm concerned there's absolutely nothing crap about my 240 bhp results and I don't care two figs what Stage my Revo tuning is called nor what numbers other people think I should be plotting due to my mods. Neither do I equate an amount of money I give Revo to a bhp figure.

On a 'blindfold' test, I defy you to be able to tell whether your car is a 278 or 290 bhp anyway. Different bhp is delivered dynamically at many levels as you drive in the very different circumstances of road use.

You refer to Weston Performance - Well, their dyno plotted the same figures as JKM's on my car.

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #51 on: April 19, 2009, 10:08:06 pm »

I'm not on about a bum dyno mate, i'm reffering to the performance aspect against other cars (the one that got me in trouble for a start :ashamed:) and more  accurately my 1/4 mile / 0-100mph / 30-130mph times. There is no way a 1350kg car with 290bhp would achieve those results IMO.. For a start it would give a power/weight of around 210bhp/tonne which is about what a Nissan 350Z is and a mapped ED30 would chew one of those up and spit it out.. :wink:

....You are not taking into account the skill of the driver down the quarter mile.

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline Top Cat

• Top cat
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 171
  • -Receive: 335
  • Almost Jacamo
« Reply #52 on: April 19, 2009, 10:09:02 pm »
Do you lot not get bored posting the exact same things after every single rolling road, its always the same peeps saying the same old thing  :rolleye:

Offline Greeners

• Thank You
  • -Given: 201
  • -Receive: 199
    • Email
« Reply #53 on: April 19, 2009, 10:10:21 pm »
^^^^  :signLOL:

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #54 on: April 19, 2009, 10:11:35 pm »

Do you lot not get bored posting the exact same things after every single rolling road, its always the same peeps saying the same old thing  :rolleye:

....Yes.

But I also get bored of people saying how their colour of car is the fastest.

Offline Greeners

• Thank You
  • -Given: 201
  • -Receive: 199
    • Email
« Reply #55 on: April 19, 2009, 10:12:52 pm »

....Yes.

Well it is!!!!  :P :laugh:

Offline Top Cat

• Top cat
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 171
  • -Receive: 335
  • Almost Jacamo
« Reply #56 on: April 19, 2009, 10:13:32 pm »

....Yes.

Offline Hedge

• Thank You
  • -Given: 484
  • -Receive: 304
« Reply #57 on: April 19, 2009, 10:18:58 pm »
Agree with you ben , but also there is a slim chance that out of about 7-8 different tested Rollers from anyone from here, that one of them maybe the more accurate then the others.

How can you feel whether your car is 330bhp then something thats 290bhp. How can you interept that?? i cant, doesnt change the Ed30's are flippin fast mapped, but also if comparing something " the feels " a certain hoursepower is very hard to interpret. Power to weight if measuring against other higher powered vehicals is again as we know difficult to measure.Only from vid evidence has proven that but thats were this  particular sentance stops.

Revo from memory dont claim 300bhp on their maps. Again depends on where the cars are tested to throw up that senario.

All im trying to say is, a car feels quick but i for one couldnt turn and say to you, your car feels like its got 320 bhp under the bonnet, because i and most others couldnt easily predict that.

There will never be a conclusive answer except in our own minds be happy with the way the car drives and if she can handle the power then HAPPY days, and you know the time to stop chasing these "Bigger" figures

From the Revo web site in the text they claim in excess of 275 bhp,
http://www.revotechnik.com/products/softwareProduct.aspx?pvID=991

Phil Mcavity

« Reply #58 on: April 19, 2009, 10:22:24 pm »

....Yes.

lol thought you'd pop in for a comment aswell.

Couldnt of worded it better Robin. What i was trying to say but youve sumed it in less then 4 paragraphs from me.

Im fed up just as much people saying that jkms rollers are duff aswell.
The same thing pops up everytime, and thats why i wasnt bothered about what everyone else plotted results were.
End of the day , everyones happy there on the day.
Thats all that matters

End of Topic.  :smiley:

off to bed now :happy2:

Phil Mcavity

« Reply #59 on: April 19, 2009, 10:23:17 pm »

From the Revo web site in the text they claim in excess of 275 bhp,
http://www.revotechnik.com/products/softwareProduct.aspx?pvID=991
Well done Ian. i can sleep soundly  :happy2: