Make a donation

Author Topic: twisted seatbelt  (Read 922 times)

Offline valvedoctor

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 4
    • Email
twisted seatbelt
« on: January 01, 2012, 03:44:28 pm »
Hi peeps,I've owned my gti for six months now and i'm loving it but theres a niggling issue with the drivers seatbelt.The thing is it seems twisted.As in it's twisted somehow in the bit you draw across your chest and plug in.Once plugged in it meens the belt has a twist in it (usually across your chest)It's a bit annoying but also I'm wondering what would happen if I were in a crash !! I'm wondering if it's been like this from new or if there's a way to take the twist out.Thanks guys and happy new year by the way :xmassmiley:

Offline Top Cat

• Top cat
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 171
  • -Receive: 335
  • Almost Jacamo
Re: twisted seatbelt
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2012, 05:26:24 pm »
Simple fix, just untwist the piece you click in. It will be a bit fiddly as you have to fold it back on itself in the gap that is about 7mm ish.  :happy2:

MPS

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2012, 11:30:06 pm »
Simple fix, just untwist the piece you click in. It will be a bit fiddly as you have to fold it back on itself in the gap that is about 7mm ish.  :happy2:

My rear centre seat buckle was like that from when I bought my car 2 years ago. Simple fix, the belt just need folding back on itself as TC says. I'm guessing it must have been the previous owner's kids who did it. Probably that and the 'let's drop something into the rear vent to wind dad up trick' as well, little sods. Kids, gotta love them although I couldn't eat a whole one  :grin:

Offline valvedoctor

• Taking part
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2012, 04:51:43 pm »
Thanks chaps, I'll give it a try :happy2:

Offline valvedoctor

• Taking part
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2012, 06:13:59 pm »
Tried taking the twist out of my seatbelt yesterday, but the gap in the clip is too small making it impossible.Is there another way i could do it? Undoing the chrome bar bit down near the floor perhaps.Any ideas much appreciated.