Make a donation

Author Topic: Carbon Fiber Mirror Covers  (Read 14869 times)

Phil Mcavity

Re: Carbon Fiber Mirror Covers
« Reply #30 on: April 28, 2009, 09:50:56 pm »
Still not decided on this....

£97inc p&p for the replacement mirror covers (can resell later)
£95 for Carbon look vinyl wrap... one use can't resell.

Have to say, leaning towards the mirror covers and a saturday mornings work.
^^^ If its the mirror cover than where posted on here recently then I would go for those over the wrap  :happy2:
But then you'll have a mismatch to the rest of the car thats being done??.

Offline CocoPops

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 11
    • Kennet Heath
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: April 28, 2009, 09:56:03 pm »
Thats true... but...
Someone would need to look a lot closer at the splitter/rear skirt than they would at the mirrors.
Used to Own: 2008 GTI Ed30 | ITG Intake | Miltek TBE System | Bluefin Stage 2 | 327bhp
On Order: 2017 Golf GTI Performance Pack 5dr DSG
Also own: 2016 Lotus Evora 400

Offline SteveP

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 117
  • -Receive: 340
    • My Project
« Reply #32 on: April 28, 2009, 09:57:15 pm »
Agreed if they are directly next to each other, but otherwise with the pattern of C/F it would be very difficult to tell IMHO  :happy2:

Offline CocoPops

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Kennet Heath
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: April 28, 2009, 10:02:02 pm »
Red CF? As in vinyl?
So what are you having done on the 8th?
Used to Own: 2008 GTI Ed30 | ITG Intake | Miltek TBE System | Bluefin Stage 2 | 327bhp

Phil Mcavity

« Reply #34 on: April 28, 2009, 10:04:58 pm »
Same as you in the colour that weve agreed, but i was thinking about my Bonnet issue.

Offline Top Cat

• Top cat
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 171
  • -Receive: 335
  • Almost Jacamo
« Reply #35 on: April 28, 2009, 10:10:38 pm »
Same as you in the colour that weve agreed, but i was thinking about my Bonnet issue.

I think the red weave looks ok Phil but on a car like hurdy's, what i mean by that one that is heavily modded, as daft as it sounds the normal carbon looks more understated and will suit yours more with the few subtle mods you have done.
dont forget to tell the wife it can be easily removed in the future if she cant live with it.  :smiley:

Phil Mcavity

« Reply #36 on: April 28, 2009, 10:15:17 pm »
oh ive tried Tc but feels like im talking to a wall at the moment. Ive emailed Racoon to see if they have such a design, and any photos they may have as i forgot to ask when i was there the other day.
Shes addiment a full respray is the Only Option because anything like any sort of CF wrap wont suit a red car  :mad:
She doesnt see things that (we) consider as being Suttle and not too over the top as she see's it.

Offline CocoPops

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Kennet Heath
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: April 28, 2009, 10:16:17 pm »
Thats why I'm umming and aaarghing about the mirrors...

The "real" things are the same price as the vinyl. When I say real, they are black plastic OEM mirrors with a real CF cover baked and laquered.

So I could still swap them over when I change my mind or something.

The vinyl for the splitter and rear skirt is a no brainer.  :happy2:

Offline Top Cat

• Top cat
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 171
  • -Receive: 335
  • Almost Jacamo
« Reply #38 on: April 28, 2009, 10:18:13 pm »
oh ive tried Tc but feels like im talking to a wall at the moment. Ive emailed Racoon to see if they have such a design, and any photos they may have as i forgot to ask when i was there the other day.
Shes addiment a full respray is the Only Option because anything like any sort of CF wrap wont suit a red car  :mad:
She doesnt see things that (we) consider as being Suttle and not too over the top as she see's it.

A man is allowed his hobbies you go out and work you raise a couple of kids, she needs to give you space dude.  :sad:

Phil Mcavity

« Reply #39 on: April 28, 2009, 10:24:34 pm »

A man is allowed his hobbies you go out and work you raise a couple of kids, she needs to give you space dude.  :sad:
cant of put it better m8  :happy2:

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #40 on: April 28, 2009, 10:35:11 pm »

....I've been wanting to say words to this effect for ages but us lot are outside Phil's relationship with his wife and things often aren't black and white - In fact they are NEVER black and white with most women!!

She needs to realise that by trying to control you by the short 'n curlies, she ain't exactly nurturing your love for her - That's my opinion for what it's worth but I do realise it's none of my business and don't wish to give any offence.

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #41 on: April 28, 2009, 10:38:47 pm »

Agreed if they are directly next to each other, but otherwise with the pattern of C/F it would be very difficult to tell IMHO  :happy2:

.... :surprised: But so eeeeasy for guys like 99% of us enthusiasts here and various other car forums.

We are the equivalent of one female noticing that another has an eyelash out of alignment!

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline animal

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 8
  • .:R32
« Reply #42 on: April 28, 2009, 10:42:49 pm »
Phil - have you considered the CF vinyl wrap with a transparent red tinted film/vinyl over the top of that to create the red effect? Might be worth enquiring as to whether Raccoon could do this?
Only 250.1bhp - but with that noise, who cares?

Mile-muncher ordered: MkVI 1.6 TDi BlueMotion Match DSG with leather, winter pack, luxury pack, fogs, climate control, Dynaudio pack, RCD510 with DAB & MDI, flat tyre indicator

Phil Mcavity

« Reply #43 on: April 29, 2009, 06:56:13 am »
Phil - have you considered the CF vinyl wrap with a transparent red tinted film/vinyl over the top of that to create the red effect? Might be worth enquiring as to whether Raccoon could do this?
good shout ,i will enquire :happy2:

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #44 on: April 29, 2009, 07:29:42 am »

I expect that Raccoon could print red onto the slightly textured carbon vinyl.

My guess is that if a transparent red tinted film/vinyl exists, it would result in a very muddy looking 'red' when applied over the carbon black which sometimes looks grey in certain light conditions.

But Raccoon are the best people to advise. :happy2: