Make a donation

Author Topic: Carbon Fiber Mirror Covers  (Read 14492 times)

Phil Mcavity

Re: Carbon Fiber Mirror Covers
« Reply #45 on: April 29, 2009, 11:32:00 am »
Ok so ever the diplomat lets put it to the vote, far from wanting to be "controlling" I am more interested in asthetics and what is pleasing to the eye. In my mind a red car with a BLACK bonnet would look like nothing more than half way to the A Team bus, but who am I?
I appreciate the car for what it is and how it looks. Its not your average V-dub its an Edition 30 if it was mean't to have a Black Bonnet it would have come out of the factory with it! but anyways all those in favour of Phylis's bonnet being swathed in a sheet of black plastic say I, all those who reckon she looks great just as she is say Nay.
IMO I think she would look great with the mirrors, splitter etc done and maybe some black alloys, but again I am only the controlling nag who wants to stop Phil from having his "space"  :indifferent:

Offline animal

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 8
  • .:R32
« Reply #46 on: April 29, 2009, 11:37:34 am »
Ok so ever the diplomat lets put it to the vote, far from wanting to be "controlling" I am more interested in asthetics and what is pleasing to the eye. In my mind a red car with a BLACK bonnet would look like nothing more than half way to the A Team bus, but who am I?
I appreciate the car for what it is and how it looks. Its not your average V-dub its an Edition 30 if it was mean't to have a Black Bonnet it would have come out of the factory with it! but anyways all those in favour of Phylis's bonnet being swathed in a sheet of black plastic say I, all those who reckon she looks great just as she is say Nay.
IMO I think she would look great with the mirrors, splitter etc done and maybe some black alloys, but again I am only the controlling nag who wants to stop Phil from having his "space"  :indifferent:

Mrs. Phil I presume? ^^^
Only 250.1bhp - but with that noise, who cares?

Mile-muncher ordered: MkVI 1.6 TDi BlueMotion Match DSG with leather, winter pack, luxury pack, fogs, climate control, Dynaudio pack, RCD510 with DAB & MDI, flat tyre indicator

Phil Mcavity

« Reply #47 on: April 29, 2009, 12:47:52 pm »
How'd you guess, or his ball n chain as some seem think :ashamed:

Offline Greeners

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 201
  • -Receive: 199
    • Email
« Reply #48 on: April 29, 2009, 01:24:50 pm »
Brilliant!  :signLOL:

Offline 182_blue

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 20
  • -Receive: 54
« Reply #49 on: April 29, 2009, 02:05:27 pm »
i suggest you change your password quick phil and make her get her own account  :laugh:

Offline Greeners

• Thank You
  • -Given: 201
  • -Receive: 199
    • Email
« Reply #50 on: April 29, 2009, 02:12:30 pm »
How'd you guess, or his ball n chain as some seem think :ashamed:

Most would go ahead and get this done regardless so give him some credit for including you in the decision.

I can't say I consult with my wife when Im gettin things done but she knows how much I love my car and wouldn't do anything to it that wasn't reversable if it didn't look 'right'!  :happy2:

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 379
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #51 on: April 29, 2009, 04:27:39 pm »

Don't you trust your husband's judgement, Mrs Mcavity?

It's not for us lot to decide for you - We can only say what each of us individually would do.

Personally, I wouldn't have the bonnet black vinyl'd. My bonnet on a red GTI is real carbonfibre and I painted the outside. So, it's obvious that I'm a "Nay" - Leave it as is or if you're that bothered by chips, get a clear protective shield like illyun's.

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline joesgti

• Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 35
  • Eat my sick, Eat my sick.
« Reply #52 on: April 29, 2009, 04:48:09 pm »
lmao!!

this is brilliant!  :jumpmove: :jumpmove:

his mrs mcavity <a href="http://www.mysmiley.net/free-confused-smileys.php" title="confused smileys">confused smileys" border="0[/url]

If you need any games consoles or games, accessories, etc etc, PM me for my best price,

Offline JPC

• Thank You
  • -Given: 93
  • -Receive: 111
« Reply #53 on: April 29, 2009, 05:41:04 pm »
haha! great read!

Offline tony_danza

• Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 112
  • The voice of objective reason, but mine's best.
« Reply #54 on: April 29, 2009, 05:54:53 pm »
Oh, sweet baby Jesus! Wives + Husband's internet profile = DANGER! :party:

Now, I like the ebay mirrors, but I can't help noticing the weave doesn't wrap all the way around the cap, like Hurdy's. I think this looks a touch scruffy. Obviously there's a big difference in price, but I'd edge towards wrap in light of this.

« Last Edit: April 29, 2009, 06:00:45 pm by tony_danza »
Sideways yo!

Offline Top Cat

• Top cat
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 171
  • -Receive: 335
  • Almost Jacamo
« Reply #55 on: April 29, 2009, 06:09:58 pm »
I might be able to help you out MRS MR macavity.  :smiley:

This offer is open to anybody after i have given Phil first refusal, as i feel sorry for the the dude, this situation is heading for tear's and i think it will be Phil's.  :chicken:

So Phil i dont know what the cost is for you to get it done darn sarf but if it works out cheaper to have a drive up to Leeds, then one person ie you can have it done for a nominal fee, basically cost £20 or £30 squid so work out how much it cost's you in juice and let me know.  :smiley:
If Phil declines this offer then it is open to anyone one other who want's a vinyl wrap bonnet.  :smiley:

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 379
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #56 on: April 29, 2009, 06:20:29 pm »

If Phil declines this offer then it is open to anyone one other who want's a vinyl wrap bonnet.  :smiley:

....I'm not registering an interest but perhaps people would like to know if it's carbon vinyl wrap bonnet or a plain vinyl.

A very generous offer, either way :happy2: :smiley: :happy2:

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline Top Cat

• Top cat
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 171
  • -Receive: 335
  • Almost Jacamo
« Reply #57 on: April 29, 2009, 06:24:39 pm »
It's the same stuff that you have Robin. I rang them after seeing your seat's and he ordered it in.  :smiley:

Phil Mcavity

« Reply #58 on: April 29, 2009, 06:28:49 pm »
Oh, sweet baby Jesus! Wives + Husband's internet profile = DANGER! :party:

Now, I like the ebay mirrors, but I can't help noticing the weave doesn't wrap all the way around the cap, like Hurdy's. I think this looks a touch scruffy. Obviously there's a big difference in price, but I'd edge towards wrap in light of this.

Cheers Guys, MR here  :signLOL:, good to see everyones being entertained  :wink:

Tony D, the wing mirrors are being wrapped like Hurdys around the inside aswell and not just the outa shell  :happy2: so fingers crossed for a good outcome.

Cheers for the cheap offer TC and that is extremily kind matie.But Wrap and Bonnet are deleted from my Vocab currently, so back to the drawing board and ill come back to that later.

As you were Gents  :drinking:

Offline tony_danza

• Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 112
  • The voice of objective reason, but mine's best.
« Reply #59 on: April 29, 2009, 07:45:09 pm »
Welcome back.

Look, it's just a car, dont go giving yourself a hard life for the sake of a bit of metal!!

If the wrap works like Hurdy's, then I'd deffo go for that over the ebay ones... I'd source a set of mirrors off ebay and have them done though, so you can put yours back on come sale time and flog the wrapped ones. There'll always be a good market for them.
Sideways yo!