Make a donation

Author Topic: Bending  (Read 1339 times)

Offline Weston

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 32
Bending
« on: January 16, 2012, 07:22:32 pm »
Anyone know anything legal or HR related that would help with the following situation?

My girlfriend works in a nursery and they are expected to do washing up in a really low (child-height) sink. The sink itself is used for washing up, paint etc so I reckon there's a food safety issue there anyway. Are there guidelines for bending or stooping down?

Thanks
GTI going...

Offline JPC

• Thank You
  • -Given: 93
  • -Receive: 111
Re: Bending
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2012, 07:29:49 pm »
yes mate, thousands of guidelines. she shouldn't feel petty about stuff like that either, my misses is in a similar situation... expected to sit on kids chairs etc and work. Ive told her to get it sorted or suffer the consequences later in life

Offline Weston

• Thank You
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2012, 07:40:37 pm »
Cheers, any idea where to look as I can't find anything relevant?
GTI going...

Offline Poppa Dom

• Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 40
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2012, 08:12:09 pm »
Health and Safety at work Act  :happy2:

Offline Weston

• Thank You
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2012, 08:28:23 pm »

Thanks I've got some good stuff from there now, and the DirectGov website  :happy2:
GTI going...

Offline Tamiyoman

• Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 39
  • Prev car - Candy DSG ED30 No. 2235
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2012, 12:44:57 am »

Thanks I've got some good stuff from there now, and the DirectGov website  :happy2:

If she kicks up a fuss about it, a chap called "Norman" will likely turn up in hard Hat and Safety vest with clipboard and "assess" the H&S "dangers", we had it when I worked at the bank and a guy Physically measured us up and measured our desks in our offices and assessed keyboard/chair and screen heights and found as im tall I needed a new desk and chair, it was a VERY comfy chair, so much so I actually bought it from the bank when i left (the guy taking over my job was only 5' 3" so it was too high for him lol (his little fet would not have touched the floor!)  :P
MK7 Golf R, Pure White 3Dr DSG, Had since 10/06/14

sanrio14

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2012, 05:20:51 am »

If she kicks up a fuss about it, a chap called "Norman" will likely turn up in hard Hat and Safety vest with clipboard and "assess" the H&S "dangers", we had it when I worked at the bank and a guy Physically measured us up and measured our desks in our offices and assessed keyboard/chair and screen heights and found as im tall I needed a new desk and chair, it was a VERY comfy chair, so much so I actually bought it from the bank when i left (the guy taking over my job was only 5' 3" so it was too high for him lol (his little fet would not have touched the floor!)  :P

That was a bit funny. We also experienced something like that at our office. That's also a good thing for our health.

Offline Tamiyoman

• Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 39
  • Prev car - Candy DSG ED30 No. 2235
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2012, 09:37:29 am »
It was true but admittedley said tongue in cheek  :happy2:
MK7 Golf R, Pure White 3Dr DSG, Had since 10/06/14