Make a donation

Author Topic: New ED30 owner :)  (Read 1648 times)

Offline Sonic6103

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 5
    • Email
New ED30 owner :)
« on: January 18, 2012, 06:07:16 pm »
Hi everyone, I've already been on her a little while and also posted a few topics/comments but thought I should say hi on here now I've finally found an ED30 that I'm happy with.

I bought my 07 ED30 off a guy named Phil (Polished_Phil on this forum) from Cleveland. He has a topic open on here showing the ED30 off after he had detailed it so looks immaculate now. I hope I can keep on top of it well enough so it keeps looking very nice.

It was a shame to see Phil's face as I went to collect it but I suppose one guys loss is another guys gain. It was a hassle free sale pretty much though so I'm more than happy with it.

I'll be going down to Awesome GTi soon with 'rmstu' to get a list of what mods I want to do and how much as a package, probably stage 1 for a bit I think.

Now for the boring bit... I'm Karl, 24 years old and currently in the Army (Engineers) but that won't be for long due to injury so looking around at new careers that will be able to fund my ED30 ownership. I live near Warrington, Cheshire so pretty much between Manchester and Liverpool.

Anyway I'm looking forward to going to meets/events and will hopefully get to meet some of u lot when out and about.

Karl

Offline rmstu

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
Re: New ED30 owner :)
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2012, 07:31:37 pm »
welcome to edition 30 ownership :congrats:
very nice eddie aswell Karl, youve found a good clean example there.looking forward to a few drives out in the summer,anyway welcome looking forward to the modding.
catch you later.
stu
ps get some pics up :drool:

Offline Sonic6103

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2012, 07:54:41 pm »
Cheers mate n I will be getting some pics up. Might just use the pics Phil posted up on here n then whenever I've changed anything on the car I'll get some new pics up of it :) I'll come around soon so u can try out the DSG on it

Offline gazbutS3

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 52
  • -Receive: 55
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2012, 09:46:02 pm »
Welcome :happy2:

Offline Frodo-anni

• Thank You
  • -Given: 14
  • -Receive: 45
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2012, 10:34:03 pm »
Welcome, i have also just collected my ed30 dsg last saturday and its mental, such a capable car, enjoy.  :happy2:
mk4 Anniversary pd No0341 - Sold
mk5 GTI Edition 30 DSG No0391

Offline Naeem

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2012, 08:12:39 pm »
welcome mate  :smiley:
how you finding your ed 30   :evilgrin: ?

Offline Andy

• Admin
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 442
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2012, 08:24:46 pm »
Welcome to the forum,fine example of a ed30,look forward to the mods you have planned

Offline Sonic6103

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2012, 09:12:59 pm »
Cheers everyone,

I'm enjoying every minute in the ED30. Just waiting for an excuse to go out and drive it myself so I can go test it's abilities a bit better than when it's got me and my family in :)

I'm hopefully going to get down to Awesome tomorrow to enquire about a few ideas and get some prices and then hopefully the ball will start rolling pretty soon

Offline Naeem

• Taking part
  • Thank You
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2012, 12:34:39 am »
Cheers everyone,

I'm enjoying every minute in the ED30. Just waiting for an excuse to go out and drive it myself so I can go test it's abilities a bit better than when it's got me and my family in :)

I'm hopefully going to get down to Awesome tomorrow to enquire about a few ideas and get some prices and then hopefully the ball will start rolling pretty soon

Awesome  :surprised: is that a place?

Offline Sonic6103

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2012, 12:48:57 am »

Awesome  :surprised: is that a place?
[/quote]

Yeah sorry, Awesome GTi in Irlam, Manchester.

Offline Naeem

• Taking part
  • Thank You
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2012, 02:10:35 pm »
 :signLOL: enjoyy! im on the hunt for perfect ed30  :fighting:

Offline Sonic6103

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2012, 03:19:33 pm »
Well good luck with it and hopefully I might be on the hunt for another one in about a year or so if 'the boss' lets me lol

Offline driver rider

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 18
  • -Receive: 10
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2012, 09:44:59 pm »
Looking for an Eddie as well!  :sad1: :sad1: :sad1:
3 Door GTI Black, Cruise Control, DSG, Factory Tints, Folding Mirrors, Heated Seats, Highline Display, Leather, Monza II's, MFSW, Parking Sensors, Puddle Lights,  Xenons,

To be fitted....Bluetooth,DVB-T, MDI, RNS510, Stage one (opinions much appreciated)

Offline rmstu

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2012, 10:53:08 pm »
Check out forsale section I've put mine up if anyone interested Karl(sonic) has seen my Eddie aswell.  :happy2:

Offline Sonic6103

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2012, 11:13:17 pm »
Yeah, I can honestly say it's the best condition and spec one that I've come along personally.

If I had a manual licence still then I'd have bought it already or if it was just a simple task of swapping boxes over to make it DSG then I would get it done as it'd be worth it to me. Oh and it looks very similar to mine too so if your looking for an ED30 and like the look of mine then go have a look at his and you'll probably want it  :grin:

I don't know why I'm saying this though because I think he shouldn't sell it and keep it in storage when he's away working :)