Make a donation

Author Topic: ROCCO R  (Read 14082 times)

Offline Janner_Sy

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 113
Re: ROCCO R
« Reply #45 on: January 21, 2012, 06:18:15 pm »
Meganne with intercooler, downpipe and remap would be awesome.  Have you taken it on track yet?

If I had the megane RS id be looking at either tuning it or swapping to a FRS.  The rocco would require alot of work dynamically to match them.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2012, 06:20:43 pm by Janner_Sy »

Offline candy turbo

• Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 11
« Reply #46 on: January 21, 2012, 06:42:40 pm »
been mallory and few laps of silverstone at trax
looks wise i think the meg is best with the rocco close 2 nd

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
« Reply #47 on: January 21, 2012, 07:15:19 pm »
Itsa tough one. My thoughts change depending upto the angle you look at it
Front

Side

Back

Interior

« Last Edit: January 21, 2012, 07:37:33 pm by Janner_Sy »

Offline Deako

• Thank You
  • -Given: 38
  • -Receive: 44
  • Eat, Sleep....VAG
« Reply #48 on: January 21, 2012, 07:29:35 pm »
Wrong interior on the Rocco R!  :wink:

I'd take the Rocco all day long. But then, thats why im a dub addict.

Offline 182_blue

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 20
  • -Receive: 54
« Reply #49 on: January 21, 2012, 07:30:57 pm »
The interior shot of the Rocco R is wrong, all R's come with the Mk6 style interior and steering wheels etc, oh and white MFD
Hahah, beat me to it

this is it

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
« Reply #50 on: January 21, 2012, 07:36:55 pm »
Still looked better either way :P

Offline jhtrophy

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 5
  • Oh no it's a diesel
    • Email
« Reply #51 on: January 21, 2012, 10:48:38 pm »
Paul at rs tuning is a good lad and knows his stuff, although I would never map a rs, lots of effort gone into making it what it is, why spoil that? Sounds like the review of the scirocco came from evo :signLOL: I must be a crap driver cos 4 pot turbod hot hatches always feel the same to me until you can get em on track, as for the list, I would have the rocco, then meg, then if I had no choice the focus, not a fan. Seems like you love your cars candy and want to try em all, Clio v6? Or do you need rear seats?
BMW 335d msport touring lci. Auto, estate and diesel! Oh no

Offline candy turbo

• Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 11
« Reply #52 on: January 22, 2012, 08:28:30 am »
Paul at rs tuning is a good lad and knows his stuff, although I would never map a rs, lots of effort gone into making it what it is, why spoil that? Sounds like the review of the scirocco came from evo :signLOL: I must be a crap driver cos 4 pot turbod hot hatches always feel the same to me until you can get em on track, as for the list, I would have the rocco, then meg, then if I had no choice the focus, not a fan. Seems like you love your cars candy and want to try em all, Clio v6? Or do you need rear seats?
i do love my cars , i can get a map and cooler on the meg for £1000 , if i buy the rocco ill be spending £4k on top thats if i sell the meg for £17k  , with the map and cooler the meg will be leaps and bounds ahead of the rocco  , so its a no brainer really unless i wait till spring and just buy the atom i really wanted !!!

Offline Poverty

• Thank You
  • -Given: 36
  • -Receive: 21
« Reply #53 on: January 22, 2012, 09:01:25 am »
What I don't get is you keep swapping and changing cars as obviously you generally lose money everytime you do, but in your case it doesn't make sense to me, ed30, s3, megane, frs, rocco r, they are all the same sh*te, good cars non the less but hardly a massive change or difference from what you haven't already had. Yes I've driven the megane sport, mk2 Leon Cupra, s3 etc and on the road there isn't a that much of a difference between em. What in trying to get at is instead of wasting money on hotted up hatchbacks why not get something special in the first place which you might actually hang on to for a while because it pushes all the right buttons. Right now you are just side stepping instead of upgrading when it comes to your car choices!

Offline QD MBE

• Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 102
« Reply #54 on: January 22, 2012, 09:55:33 am »
^^^^ Been there done that.

Ed30 >Cayman S (offset seating position gave a really bad back so had to go)>Rocco R (Interim car whilst waiting for something special)>TTRS.

TTRS was the best, and worst car I have ever owned.  The Overall package is great.  But try driving it fast on UK roads.  Traffic levels, other cars wanting to race, close calls with the boys in blue and the overall attention it attracted detracted from the experience IMHO.

I hated driving it in the end.  I sold it and now have 2 cars.  An A3, does all I want, 70mph, comfortable, radio, CD, Cruise carries stuff, all this in general anonymity.

I also Have a Clio 172 Cup.  £1700 full of win, and boy does it deliver in buckets, not the fastest car in the world, but fun, almost old school 205 GTI esque, and if i bend it on the track, well I have not really lost a lot.  Got a few choice mods to sort soon, but all dirt cheap, compared to costs of Modding Rocco R/TTRS etc.  

And a whole heap of cash back in the bank, not earning a lot of interest, but not losing any either.  Clio won't lose money, A3 will, but not huge amounts.

3 Wheels dirt cheap cornering FTW.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2012, 09:58:09 am by QD »

Offline MAT ED30

• Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 82
  • Vwr fan boy
    • Email
« Reply #55 on: January 22, 2012, 10:19:01 am »
Sounds like your enjoying the Clio mate  :driver: can't knock em can you

Mods yes but way too many to stick in this little box

Offline QD MBE

• Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 102
« Reply #56 on: January 22, 2012, 10:38:12 am »
Not wishing to take this OT.

I must say that I am happier with my choice of cars, than I have been for a while.

For me it is the whole experience, which is not only the drive, but the tinkering, sorting out little problems, and then driving.  Can't remember when I last changed a set of plugs DIY, before the Clio.   :driver: :grin:

« Last Edit: January 22, 2012, 10:39:55 am by QD »

Offline Poverty

• Thank You
« Reply #57 on: January 22, 2012, 11:25:52 am »
I agree although I don't see the point in a cayman myself unless you live near choice roads or do alot of trackdays.

Also agree on the TTRS. 7 seconds on the loud pedal and you are in license loosing territory. Funnily enough for me I've had that car for about 18 months so far and unlike all my previous cars I haven't got itchy feet at all but I fully understand what you mean, you have to be going silly fast to enjoy it. I'm just looking forward to running 650hp out of it and doing lemans, the ring etc in it.

I've also been looking at running a rx8 or mx5 as a track car, cheap as chips and who cares if you do spank it? Not gonna loose sleep over sticking 2k into the barrier are you.

Offline jhtrophy

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 5
  • Oh no it's a diesel
    • Email
« Reply #58 on: January 22, 2012, 11:41:06 am »
I agree although I don't see the point in a cayman myself unless you live near choice roads or do alot of trackdays.

Also agree on the TTRS. 7 seconds on the loud pedal and you are in license loosing territory. Funnily enough for me I've had that car for about 18 months so far and unlike all my previous cars I haven't got itchy feet at all but I fully understand what you mean, you have to be going silly fast to enjoy it. I'm just looking forward to running 650hp out of it and doing lemans, the ring etc in it.

I've also been looking at running a rx8 or mx5 as a track car, cheap as chips and who cares if you do spank it? Not gonna loose sleep over sticking 2k into the barrier are you.
I agree on the track car, but begs the question why have a ttrs with 650 bhp to go to work in, I'm not having a pop, first time in my life I haven't owned a performance car, looked at what I wanted and realised that I don't do track days anymore and don't want to stuff it( I have an mx5 for that), so bought something that actually is way better on the road but not as fast, Never drive fast on the road anyway, as I don't think many do. As per changing cars and not stepping up, maybe he has kids, I'm kinda limited as are lots of people, and a hot hatch is pretty good at everything, next step up if you had kids is 4 door m3 or rs4, but obviously 25000 miles a year in one of them would be pretty stupid, and tbh as much as I love the ttrs engine, it's no m3 as a car, it's a posh s3 which is a hot hatch, and I could be wrong here front wheel drive most of time.
BMW 335d msport touring lci. Auto, estate and diesel! Oh no

Offline Poverty

• Thank You
« Reply #59 on: January 22, 2012, 12:03:28 pm »
I have a caddy maxi as my daily, and the GF's fiat 500 does all the short journey and city driving duty. The TT only comes out late at night or at weekends.

I want 650hp cause I love being thrown into the back of my seat!

But I agree a TTS and TTRS is basically the same bar the engine, and the engine is the only thing which makes it a step up from say a ed30/s3 etc. Granted the TTRS are right up there on the how fast leaderboards.

Candy turbo did have a cayman before so I dont think kids are a hindrance?

I occasionally drive the my parents Mercedes, it's not rapid but more than quick enough, but it's a joy for everyday driving. I'm amazed at how quiet and smooth cars are these days after being in a noisy van and obviously the TT being noisy and rough. I'd probably have one over a hot hatch come to think about it, as long as I still had another toy or hobby from which to get my thrills from.