Make a donation

Author Topic: Shadow Blue GT TDI 140  (Read 19912 times)

Offline OldSpeckledBen

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 0
Shadow Blue GT TDI 140
« on: January 20, 2012, 08:42:07 pm »
Well after selling my Type R, due to its drink problem, I decided I wanted economy again as I had an Ibiza FR TDi before the Type R and although it's not a GTI  :sad: it's a GT TDI 140 :smiley:

It took me a while to find the specification I wanted but the waiting and looking everywhere paid off and found this Shadow Blue GT TDI with Xenons, heated leather, dual zone climate, ipod integration, cruise control, the full MFD display, multifunction steering wheel and rear tinted windows.

After a few days of having the car I debadged the Golf and 2.0 so it now just says TDI, hopefully people will think its a 1.9  :wink:

I also bought a K&N panel filter which seems to make the car pick up a little quicker, although it could just be in the mind  :grin:

I plan on doing a few more bits and pieces just to make it my own, maybe some different wheels, colour code the rear bumper and some R32/Edition 30 rear lights.

Thanks in advance for any help anyone gives  :smiley: 

Here's a couple of pics of my Golf;

And then today something turned up courtesy of DPM performance, who I can highly recommend  :grin:

A mate of mine will be fitting them in a couple of weeks.

Cheers,
Ben
« Last Edit: April 25, 2015, 11:11:48 am by OldSpeckledBen »

Offline Andy

• Admin
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 442
    • Email
Re: Shadow Blue GT TDI
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2012, 09:10:24 pm »
ooh look forward to the pics--

Offline Raffe

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 3
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2012, 09:56:41 pm »
Nice colour, look forward to seeing the mods.

Another ex Honda owner here having had a Mugen DC2 Integra Type-R, a DC5 Integra Type-R and an EP3Civic Type-R which was Supercharged, miss them all sadly :confused:
« Last Edit: January 20, 2012, 09:59:03 pm by Raffe »

Offline Matto

• Thank You
  • -Given: 24
  • -Receive: 116
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,37071.0.html
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2012, 06:22:23 am »
Nice car mate. Looks a good spec and in the best colour  :wink: I'd take all the badges off. They won't know what it is then. Plus makes the rear look alot cleaner.

Offline OldSpeckledBen

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2012, 03:08:48 pm »
Nice colour, look forward to seeing the mods.

Another ex Honda owner here having had a Mugen DC2 Integra Type-R, a DC5 Integra Type-R and an EP3Civic Type-R which was Supercharged, miss them all sadly :confused:

Cheers  :happy2:

There some awesome Honda's you've had there  :drool: especially the DC5 Integra, i love them.
I had an EP3 Premier Edition Civic which was completly standard, although I do miss the power a little, I took that to the Nurburgring, which was an amazing experience and can't wait to go back there in the summer in the Golf.

Offline OldSpeckledBen

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2012, 03:14:04 pm »
Nice car mate. Looks a good spec and in the best colour  :wink: I'd take all the badges off. They won't know what it is then. Plus makes the rear look alot cleaner.

Cheers mate  :happy2:

Yeah I couldn't quite believe the amount of extras it had when I found it and the fact it was in Shadow Blue was an awesome bonus  :smiley:

Yeah thought about taking them all off but I don't mind showing people they've been beaten by a diesel  :grin: I know what you mean about it looking cleaner though, I might take the badge off later on if I get bored one day.

Cheers,
Ben

Offline gtlee

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 14
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2012, 03:29:47 pm »
Very nice example,I see you got the H&R springs over eibachs what are the advantages if any as I'm still deciding.
Golf V 5DR DSG GT Sport,,Xenons,Full leather,18'Charlestons,Lux pack,storage pack,folding mirrors,front armrest, retrofited--mk5 gti  grilles,fog lamps grilles,GTi rear bumper,coloured coded sideskirts, VIM RNS-510 C,MK6 MFSW with paddles,GTi DSG gear lever,Cruise control,Highline.Rain sensor with window auto closure,TPMS.7P6 Bluetooth.

Mods to come: RVC, and.................

Offline Matto

• Thank You
  • -Given: 24
  • -Receive: 116
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,37071.0.html
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2012, 03:39:25 pm »
Very nice example,I see you got the H&R springs over eibachs what are the advantages if any as I'm still deciding.

Me too.

Offline OldSpeckledBen

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2012, 04:22:09 pm »

Cheers  :happy2:

Yeah I bought the H&R's as they're model specific,these ones are for the GT Golf and they're an even drop of 30mm all round whereas I think the Eibach Sportlines are 25mm front and 20mm back or 50mm front and 35mm back  :sad:

I didn't really want to go more than 30mm as I know the sump is quite low to the floor on the TDI's, hopefully it doesn't scrape with these springs on, they're being fitted at the beginning of next month  :smiley: I shall post some pics when its done  :smiley:

Cheers,
Ben

Offline AjayB

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 2
  • Golf GT TDI
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2012, 01:15:03 am »
Let us know how the springs are dude, im in a dillema on which ones to get now as i have the 35H&Rs but they just cause too many problems for me..

Build: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,40699.0.html

Golf MK5 GT TDI | 35mm H&R Springs | Silver Cabon Fibre Inlays | 20% Rear Tints | Backbox Delete- Dual Tips | GTI Rear Valance

To Do: RNS/RCD510 | FBSW | Black BBS CH 18"

Offline OldSpeckledBen

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2012, 05:29:14 pm »
Let us know how the springs are dude, im in a dillema on which ones to get now as i have the 35H&Rs but they just cause too many problems for me..

Ok matey will do  :smiley:
Oh right, thats got me a bit worried about how low mine will be  :sad: What kind of problems do you have??

Cheers,
Ben

Offline AjayB

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 2
  • Golf GT TDI
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2012, 05:33:11 pm »
Im thinking the 30's on yours will be fine.. the 35 H&Rs are really meant for the standard golfs not the GT's so that probably why im facing the scraping all the time!  :sad1:

Build: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,40699.0.html

Golf MK5 GT TDI | 35mm H&R Springs | Silver Cabon Fibre Inlays | 20% Rear Tints | Backbox Delete- Dual Tips | GTI Rear Valance

To Do: RNS/RCD510 | FBSW | Black BBS CH 18"

Offline OldSpeckledBen

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2012, 05:43:02 pm »
Im thinking the 30's on yours will be fine.. the 35 H&Rs are really meant for the standard golfs not the GT's so that probably why im facing the scraping all the time!  :sad1:

Hopefully they'll be ok  :smiley: Oh right that doesn't good, that's what i'm worried about the scraping of either the arch or the sump :sad1: as I still want to be able to drive the car enthusiastically  :grin:  Although the springs are progressive ones so all being well they should be ok.

Cheers,
Ben

Offline John GT140

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2012, 09:19:40 pm »
Looks like the extas list has been well used . looks like a very clean gt 140.

Offline OldSpeckledBen

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2012, 12:07:17 am »
Looks like the extas list has been well used . looks like a very clean gt 140.

Yeah I think the previous owner ticked alot of the boxes  :happy2: the one thing it hasn't got that I wanted is the 18" Charleston alloys  :sad:

Cheers,
Ben