Make a donation

Author Topic: Shadow Blue GT TDI 140  (Read 20550 times)

Offline John GT140

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
Re: Shadow Blue GT TDI
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2012, 08:36:05 pm »
Looks like the extas list has been well used . looks like a very clean gt 140.

Yeah I think the previous owner ticked alot of the boxes  :happy2: the one thing it hasn't got that I wanted is the 18" Charleston alloys  :sad:

Cheers,
Ben
The charleston alloys do look good , i also have the classix like you but im getting the colour changed to audi delphin grey which is darker so should look ok on my reflex silver 140 . ive also got a gti rear valance thats getting plastic welded and colour coded to tidy the back end up

Offline OldSpeckledBen

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2012, 11:43:32 pm »
Looks like the extas list has been well used . looks like a very clean gt 140.

Yeah I think the previous owner ticked alot of the boxes  :happy2: the one thing it hasn't got that I wanted is the 18" Charleston alloys  :sad:

Cheers,
Ben
The charleston alloys do look good , i also have the classix like you but im getting the colour changed to audi delphin grey which is darker so should look ok on my reflex silver 140 . ive also got a gti rear valance thats getting plastic welded and colour coded to tidy the back end up

I like the Classix wheel but I fancy a change in wheel but not in size, I'm going to stick to 17's though  :smiley: Your wheels will look really smart,my uncle used to have an A4 in that colour and that looked nice  :happy2:
I did think about getting a GTI rear valance but I'm just going to get my standard valance colour coded for now as it's annoying me especially when I clean the car.
I look forward to seeing your car though with the darker wheels  :happy2:

Cheers,
Ben

Offline Matto

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 24
  • -Receive: 116
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,37071.0.html
« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2012, 08:31:33 am »
I'm eager to see what yours looks like once the H&R's are fitted. Make sure you update with pics  :happy2:

Offline OldSpeckledBen

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2012, 10:16:21 am »
I'm eager to see what yours looks like once the H&R's are fitted. Make sure you update with pics  :happy2:

Yeah i'm looking forward to see what it'll look like, MONTE's GTI looks awesome in the other thread  :smiley:
They're being fitted next wednesday so will update with pics as soon as I can  :happy2:

Other small updates, bought some LED numberplate lights, hopefully they'll last

and then I thought I would try some different wax for the car, Chemical Guys SpeedArmour wax and sealant in one. I'm quite a big fan of Chemical Guys products as not only do they do a good job but they all smell amazing  :grin:

Cheers,
Ben
« Last Edit: January 26, 2012, 10:25:42 am by OldSpeckledBen »

Offline John GT140

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2012, 05:39:12 pm »

I like the Classix wheel but I fancy a change in wheel but not in size, I'm going to stick to 17's though  :smiley: Your wheels will look really smart,my uncle used to have an A4 in that colour and that looked nice  :happy2:
I did think about getting a GTI rear valance but I'm just going to get my standard valance colour coded for now as it's annoying me especially when I clean the car.
I look forward to seeing your car though with the darker wheels  :happy2:

Cheers,
Ben
[/quote]
Yeah the standard  rear valance  is pretty basic fo a GT model and lets the car down i think , im getting the exhaust cut out in the gti bumper plastic welded then the top half done silver and bottom insert bit done gloss black like the front grill, i wanted to keep the standard tdi back box as its only done low miles . roll on spring time

Offline OldSpeckledBen

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2012, 06:59:22 pm »
Yeah the standard  rear valance  is pretty basic fo a GT model and lets the car down i think , im getting the exhaust cut out in the gti bumper plastic welded then the top half done silver and bottom insert bit done gloss black like the front grill, i wanted to keep the standard tdi back box as its only done low miles . roll on spring time

Yeah I agree the unpainted part of the bumper is a poor effort from VW  :sad1:
Yours should look really smart when it's done, look forward to seeing that  :happy2:
Mine's hopefully being colour coded next week along with the lowering  :smiley:

Cheers,
Ben

Offline JoeDarKa

• Thank You
  • -Given: 57
  • -Receive: 73
« Reply #21 on: January 26, 2012, 09:31:22 pm »
Looks great! Chemical guys stuff is pretty good, Iv got the jetseal 109 i think its called. Did it ages ago and its still doing well!

GT Sport - Reflex Silver 2.0 TDI My Build

Offline OldSpeckledBen

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #22 on: January 27, 2012, 12:12:56 am »
Looks great! Chemical guys stuff is pretty good, Iv got the jetseal 109 i think its called. Did it ages ago and its still doing well!

Cheers  :happy2: will hopefully look even better next week  :grin:
Yeah I find their stuff really good, i've tried AutoGlym, Meguiars and DoDo Juice but just found Chemical Guys stuff better quality but not really anymore expensive than the others  :smiley:

Cheers,
Ben

Offline OldSpeckledBen

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #23 on: January 28, 2012, 11:00:27 pm »
Another little update, finally got round to doing what VW should have done as standard and thats colour code that bottom half of the rear bumper  :happy2:

I'm pleased with how it turned out, the only problem I had was tring to get all the clips to go back in, in the end I had to take the whole rear bumper off to sort it, anyway here's a pic,

Cheers,
Ben

Offline John GT140

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: January 30, 2012, 05:13:55 pm »
100% improvement

Offline OldSpeckledBen

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #25 on: January 30, 2012, 06:04:15 pm »
100% improvement

Cheers  :happy2:

I think the next thing after lowering will be some R32 rear lights  :grin: its just trying to find a set for a decent price  :sad1: or I might consider some LED ones  :smiley:

Cheers,
Ben

Offline OldSpeckledBen

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #26 on: February 06, 2012, 08:02:24 pm »
Right well it's been a little longer than I wanted it to be until I updated my thread as i've had Laptop issues  :sad1:

The car got lowered last Wednesday on H&R 30mm springs  :smiley:

I'm happy with the drop, it might go a little more once they've settled in  :happy2:

Here's a couple of pics the day after;

and then Saturday night I had my share of the snow  :smiley:

Comments welcome,

Cheers,
Ben

Offline Andy

• Admin
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 442
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: February 06, 2012, 09:06:06 pm »
looking a lot better with the lower valance painted and been lowered :happy2:

Offline OldSpeckledBen

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #28 on: February 07, 2012, 11:10:54 am »
looking a lot better with the lower valance painted and been lowered :happy2:

Cheers  :happy2:

Offline OldSpeckledBen

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #29 on: February 28, 2012, 10:59:30 pm »
Just a little update as it's been a while, I managed to get hold of a used set of R32 rear lights and can't believe how much better they look, really pleased with them  :grin:

Heres a couple of pics;

Before and after

and another after

Cheers,
Ben