Make a donation

Author Topic: Golf R written off  (Read 9424 times)

Offline pipston

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 3
    • Email
Golf R written off
« on: January 25, 2012, 10:55:46 am »
by a manchester policeman. at 1:40 am. "no officer i wasnt speeding"  :mad:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-16716617
« Last Edit: January 25, 2012, 11:07:44 am by pipston »

Offline MAT ED30

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 82
  • Vwr fan boy
    • Email
Re: 'Rocco R written off
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2012, 10:57:52 am »
Golf r

Mods yes but way too many to stick in this little box

Offline sub39h

• Thank You
  • -Given: 189
  • -Receive: 84
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2012, 10:58:55 am »
Another case of a police officer thinking he can break the rules because he's a police officer

He was clearly driving dangerously to do that sort of damage to a car. He should be charged. That's totally unacceptable
2006 Phantom Black A3 2.0T S-Line
DSG | Rear Parking Sensors | MFSW | BOSE | Auto lights/wipers | Half leather
MODS : '09 tail lights | TT vents | Bilstein B14 | RNS-E 2010 | AMI | AKS Tuning custom CAI | Titanium BBS VZs | NQS BBK | WALK | Autotech RARB | Bluemotion aero | Blueflame TBE | Autotech HPFP | MY11 Wing Mirrors | Bluetooth | S3 Intercooler
PLANS: Stage 2+

Offline Beddie

• Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 76
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2012, 10:59:07 am »
^^...happened before Christmas too...

Tornado Red ED30 : Number 1644 - Gone

Carbon Grey Edition 35 - Here

Offline pipston

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2012, 11:03:18 am »
Another case of a police officer thinking he can break the rules because he's a police officer

He was clearly driving dangerously to do that sort of damage to a car. He should be charged. That's totally unacceptable

i completely agree, they should make an example and throw the book at him especially as he would be aware of the dangers and should know better, hes probably trained for 'fast driving' too.

what really pisses me off is if this was a civilian the police would be more fussed with trying to pin a crime on the driver, probably trying to breathilise him as he was going into surgery at the hospital (like they did with a friend of mine, who almost died (completely sober btw)) but im sure this will be neatly swept under the carpet and quietly forgotten about.

Offline GolfGIT

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
Re: Golf R written off
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2012, 11:26:48 am »
Golf R...I...P  :signLOL:
2014 Mk7 GTI, 5 dr, manual, tornado red, performance pack,
19" santiago's.

Offline garrardrj

• Thank You
  • -Given: 76
  • -Receive: 42
  • EX 2007 Golf Edition 30 owner in Suffolk
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2012, 11:29:25 am »

i completely agree, they should make an example and throw the book at him especially as he would be aware of the dangers and should know better, hes probably trained for 'fast driving' too.

what really pisses me off is if this was a civilian the police would be more fussed with trying to pin a crime on the driver, probably trying to breathilise him as he was going into surgery at the hospital (like they did with a friend of mine, who almost died (completely sober btw)) but im sure this will be neatly swept under the carpet and quietly forgotten about.

You obviously know little about Police discipline . Be assured this will be dealt with . If anything he/she will be dealt with harsher than the public with both court and internal punishment. How do you know they are doing nothing about it . And in relation to your friend. Do you expect them to not breathalise him/her ?
2015 Golf R White 5 Door Leather DCC Dynaudio Pretorias
2009 Land Rover Freelander HSE - Workhorse
2007 Mk 5 Golf GTI Edition 30 - SOLD

Offline sub39h

• Thank You
  • -Given: 189
  • -Receive: 84
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2012, 11:40:29 am »

You obviously know little about Police discipline . Be assured this will be dealt with . If anything he/she will be dealt with harsher than the public with both court and internal punishment. How do you know they are doing nothing about it . And in relation to your friend. Do you expect them to not breathalise him/her ?

I know that a police officer got let off a few years ago when he was caught doing 140mph on the motorway just because he felt like testing his new wheels out.

Can't imagine I'd get away with the same...
2006 Phantom Black A3 2.0T S-Line
DSG | Rear Parking Sensors | MFSW | BOSE | Auto lights/wipers | Half leather
MODS : '09 tail lights | TT vents | Bilstein B14 | RNS-E 2010 | AMI | AKS Tuning custom CAI | Titanium BBS VZs | NQS BBK | WALK | Autotech RARB | Bluemotion aero | Blueflame TBE | Autotech HPFP | MY11 Wing Mirrors | Bluetooth | S3 Intercooler
PLANS: Stage 2+

Offline andrewparker

• Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 78
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2012, 12:01:07 pm »
Wow, that car is f**ked. Do you think it has rolled?

Offline TurboTrev

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 7
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2012, 12:04:37 pm »
Last year my mother lightly banged into the back of a police car containing 4 officers.  When everyone got out of their cars, all 4 declared they were absolutely fine and uninjured.  Over a period of 5 months following the incident one by one all 4 of them claimed whiplash injuries.  Yeah, right. :mad:

Offline Tamiyoman

• Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 39
  • Prev car - Candy DSG ED30 No. 2235
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2012, 12:04:50 pm »
Clearly his "Police Advanced driving techniques" need some work  :evilgrin:

And I have 2 mates who are coppers and they DO get away scot free most of the time

I wonder if I wrote that car off in Manchester and then said im not saying how it happened, wonder if that would work for me? "Sorry Officer im not declaring how it happened, i shall arrange recovery of the vehicle, good night!"
« Last Edit: January 25, 2012, 12:09:33 pm by Tamiyoman »
MK7 Golf R, Pure White 3Dr DSG, Had since 10/06/14

diesel junior

« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2012, 12:06:35 pm »
Yep, that's been on it's roof I think......twin pipes look ok tho  :happy2:

Offline garrardrj

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2012, 12:16:37 pm »
Clearly his "Police Advanced driving techniques" need some work  :evilgrin:

And I have 2 mates who are coppers and they DO get away scot free most of the time

I wonder if I wrote that car off in Manchester and then said im not saying how it happened, wonder if that would work for me? "Sorry Officer im not declaring how it happened, i shall arrange recovery of the vehicle, good night!"

So what did they get away with ? and then you say most of the time. When did they break the law and get away with it. Would be nice to hear how.

Offline garrardrj

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2012, 12:20:50 pm »

I know that a police officer got let off a few years ago when he was caught doing 140mph on the motorway just because he felt like testing his new wheels out.

Can't imagine I'd get away with the same...

And have you ever taken a police advanced driving course ? The speed limit out of restricted areas is 60mph but you rarely go under that and then a police surveillance course is another thing entirely. Sometimes thereis a need to go fast . Do you know why the officer was doing 140mph and why he failed to get punished ? To know all the facts rarely comes to public knowledge Do not believe everything you read in newspapers

Offline Poverty

• Thank You
  • -Given: 36
  • -Receive: 21
« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2012, 12:31:44 pm »
I thought police would require reasonable suspicion before they can just go and breathalyse someone?