Make a donation

Author Topic: What mods  (Read 2074 times)

Offline Teutonic_Tamer

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 88
  • -Receive: 95
  • GreasedMonkey - HoofHearted - GTI now mod'ed!
Re: What mods
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2012, 09:52:49 pm »
what vcds have you all got i havnt got a clue but want to do some of these mods! there are some on ebay which are £15 will these do basic stuff like the 50% indicator or do i need something a lot better? :smiley:
Avoid the ones off eBay - especially at £15.  You'd get better useage out of your notes if you use them after a number two and flush them down the sh!tter!

A genuine Ross-Tech lead is what you need - look for the distributor list on www.Ross-Tech.com.  They may not seem too cheap, but use it on your own car half a dozen times, and you'll have got back the price of the Ross-Tech lead compared to what the stealer would charge you for a diagnostic scan or control module tweak.  And once you get the hang of it, you can even earn a few beer chits by offering to help fellow VAG-ers out!
Sean - Independant Automotive Engineering Technician (ret'd)
------
07 Golf5 GTI 5dr (BWA), DSG, colour coded, Revo, WALK, WL ARBs, 235 PS2s, seat drawers, OEM tints, custom/hybrid engine mounts, Audi-esque soundproofing

~~ free official Golf V factory workshop manuals ~~

Offline Phil Miller

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 86
  • -Receive: 34
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2012, 10:03:37 am »
ive done the front indicators set at 50% when the lights are on, took secs to do and make the car look a little different to the other mk5s round my way

:worthless:

Its hard to get a good pic due to the side lights being on but here is what ive got so far

2004 Golf 5dr TDI, 140 remap, GTI front bumper, skirts, highline cluster, 18in wheels, jamax coilovers, winter pack
WANTED HIGHLINE CCM AND CECM PLEASE PM ME IF YOU CAN HELP

Offline Teutonic_Tamer

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 88
  • -Receive: 95
  • GreasedMonkey - HoofHearted - GTI now mod'ed!
« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2012, 02:27:29 pm »
ive done the front indicators set at 50% when the lights are on, took secs to do and make the car look a little different to the other mk5s round my way

Its hard to get a good pic due to the side lights being on but here is what ive got so far

That looks interesting - but you really ought to photoshop out your reg number and street sign!  :wink:

Oh, and I take it from your photobucket url you used to be into Astras?  :rolleye:
Sean - Independant Automotive Engineering Technician (ret'd)
------
07 Golf5 GTI 5dr (BWA), DSG, colour coded, Revo, WALK, WL ARBs, 235 PS2s, seat drawers, OEM tints, custom/hybrid engine mounts, Audi-esque soundproofing

~~ free official Golf V factory workshop manuals ~~

Offline Phil Miller

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 86
  • -Receive: 34
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2012, 02:35:17 pm »

That looks interesting - but you really ought to photoshop out your reg number and street sign!  :wink:

Oh, and I take it from your photobucket url you used to be into Astras?  :rolleye:

lol my other half gave me hell for not doing anything about the sign  :fighting:

yeah up until about 2 yrs ago id owned vauxhalls, mainly Astras and had done most things to the mk2's, fitted V6 Calibra engines and 6sp boxes, 5 stud hubs, calibra dash and wiring loom in to a mk2 cab, 16v a nova in 1999 (before clarkson and VBH done it, and that the time courtenay had only done 2) yeah i was a bit of player with Vauxhalls until i banged my head and saw how good the build was of all things VAG
2004 Golf 5dr TDI, 140 remap, GTI front bumper, skirts, highline cluster, 18in wheels, jamax coilovers, winter pack
WANTED HIGHLINE CCM AND CECM PLEASE PM ME IF YOU CAN HELP