Make a donation

Author Topic: Edition 30/R32 Rear Light Cluster  (Read 1660 times)

Offline RobEd30

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
Edition 30/R32 Rear Light Cluster
« on: February 03, 2012, 07:42:49 pm »
Hi all,

Was thinking of putting some Ed30/R32 rear lights on my mk5. Getting the lights is no problem, i'm just wondering how hard are they to fit? Is it a very difficult job or not?

Any feedback would be very appreciated.

Thanks

Offline vRS_Pagey

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 66
  • -Receive: 59
Re: Edition 30/R32 Rear Light Cluster
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2012, 09:39:46 am »
The outer lights are a piece of cake, the inner ones are more tricky as you have to remove the boot lining.  Just take your time with that and you will be fine, I would say an hour tops for the whole job.  :happy2:

His: MK2 Black Magic Skoda Octavia vRS Estate
Hers: MK5 Graphite Blue Pearl VW Golf GT140 -

http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,32783.0.html

Offline big al

• Thank You
  • -Given: 27
  • -Receive: 93
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2012, 11:00:34 pm »
The outer lights are a piece of cake, the inner ones are more tricky as you have to remove the boot lining.  Just take your time with that and you will be fine, I would say an hour tops for the whole job.  :happy2:

I didn't remove the boot cover when fitting the inside ones of mine. just remove the covers on the back, though it is a bit fiddly.

Offline bacillus

• Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 451
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2012, 11:28:05 pm »
I didn't remove the boot cover when fitting the inside ones of mine. just remove the covers on the back, though it is a bit fiddly.

+1
Without traction power is nothing!

Offline apples12

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 34
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2012, 12:01:22 am »

+1

+1

just use a 10mm spanner to loosen the nut and your fingers to spin it off and your good to go!
MK6 GT TDI  - CW - LUX pack
GONE
MkV Golf 1.9TDI Sport in DBP, 160,000 miles and climbing!

Retrofits by me:GT front end,OEM bixenons with auto-levelling/washers, Valeo LED Rears, MFSW + Highline SWCM, Cruise Control, 30byte Highline CECM, Highline clocks, Rain/Light Sensor, Auto-dimming Rear view Mirror, RNS-510 LED (Ver H; SW: 4020), Fiscon Basic Bluetooth, MDI + Aux, Armrest, Reverse Camera LOW, TPMS..what next...

Offline Little_Dave

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 28
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2012, 12:38:13 am »
Nice easy job which you'll need to learn how to do sooner or later if a bulbs goes  :wink:

For the outer lights just pull back the carpet in the corners in the boot and remove the 2 nuts with the spanner in the spare wheel and use the screwdriver to release the plug, then reverse to fit you new R32 ones it'll take about 5 mins

For the inner ones put the end of the screwdriver in the slot and pop out the plastic cover on the boot trim, i found it easier to unplug the light first and twist and remove the bulb carrier then you have more room to work and can get to the nuts alot easier then simply reverse to fit the new ones

About a 15 minute job to do both sets and quicker once you've done it a few times  :happy2:

Dave

Offline RobEd30

• Taking part
  • Thank You
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2012, 01:37:33 am »
Thanks Little Dave, havn't got the lights yet but will start to hunt for a pair!

On a side note, saw your post about GTI parts (although it was quite an old post). Saw you were selling some standard GTI suspension? Is that still for sale? For some reason i cannot send or recieve PMs, and i cannot reply to your thread. Thanks in advance.

Offline Little_Dave

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 28
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2012, 11:32:40 am »
Thanks Little Dave, havn't got the lights yet but will start to hunt for a pair!

On a side note, saw your post about GTI parts (although it was quite an old post). Saw you were selling some standard GTI suspension? Is that still for sale? For some reason i cannot send or recieve PMs, and i cannot reply to your thread. Thanks in advance.

No problem Rob  :happy2:

Think you need to have a minimum of 10 posts? Sorry fella the suspension has been sold a while now and kinda lost the thread to update it  :signLOL:

Dave

Offline RobEd30

• Taking part
  • Thank You
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2012, 03:02:52 pm »
Oh alright, no problem  :signLOL:

Thanks again for all the information.