Make a donation

Author Topic: Side lights  (Read 1468 times)

Gazman1011

Side lights
« on: February 05, 2012, 08:05:43 pm »
Sorry guys me again. I have there's now for about 2 weeks to change my
Side lights an I can't do it. They don't move at all. I have tryed twisting but just can't get it. Is there a tool to do this or not.

Thanks.

Offline Phil Miller

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 86
  • -Receive: 34
    • Email
Re: Side lights
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2012, 08:10:15 pm »
they are very tight, you could try a pair of long nose pliers to turn them and pull, just be careful you dont pull the wires out of the holder, once they have been out a few times they arent that tight mate
2004 Golf 5dr TDI, 140 remap, GTI front bumper, skirts, highline cluster, 18in wheels, jamax coilovers, winter pack
WANTED HIGHLINE CCM AND CECM PLEASE PM ME IF YOU CAN HELP

Offline Little_Dave

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 28
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2012, 10:05:05 pm »
they are very tight, you could try a pair of long nose pliers to turn them and pull, just be careful you dont pull the wires out of the holder, once they have been out a few times they arent that tight mate

That's what i did.... needle nose pliers and just wiggle from side to side to work them loose, but make sure you hold the bulb carrier and do not pull on the wires

Dave

Gazman1011

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2012, 05:43:30 pm »
Thanks Dave I'll try my best. Lol

Offline golf nutter

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 19
  • -Receive: 13
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2012, 07:12:08 pm »
pliers are good...i have done mine several times.

Gazman1011

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2012, 07:14:40 pm »
in still cant get the buggers out but im going to vw garage tomoz so ill ask one of the garage lads to show me! lool

Offline golf nutter

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2012, 07:33:37 pm »
i guess once you have done it will be easier next time...but it is difficult.  however, not as difficult as i remember my MK4 being!

Gazman1011

« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2012, 11:12:49 am »
well been to vw today and while i picked up a few parts i asked one of the garage lads to show me, this poor apprentise came out to show me, his hads were so chubby he couldnt get the buggers out, so he called his mate who rocked up with skinny hands and couldnt get the good grip, so one of the old boys came out with a small tool, took like a small T bar key with a slot at the bottom, he literaly hook it on the bulb holder and turned and pulled it out, took only a few secs! so i asked if you could but these and he said no as its a garage thing, but i know what it looks like and im going to make one at work, it its successfull ill make a few and sell on to make it easya for lads with chubby hands. ill keep you guys posted

Offline golf nutter

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2012, 07:04:42 pm »
brilliant idea...you could have found a little niche in the market...might be worth a few quid to you.