Make a donation

Author Topic: Which Pagid pads for the NQSBBK?  (Read 5108 times)

Offline tony_danza

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 112
  • The voice of objective reason, but mine's best.
Re: Which Pagid pads for the NQSBBK?
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2012, 12:08:11 pm »
I've cleaned discs with a garnet paper flapper wheel, with good results. Really good bedding in will burn off anything remaining, but I mean pushing them well past the point at which they fade on the initial bedding. They'll "set" after this and you'll have no problems.

Sideways yo!

Offline fuscobal

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 27
« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2012, 12:06:09 am »
I got RS29 exactly to avoid resurfacing the discs, otherwise I would have gone with Carbotechs wich I love so much. My discs should have no deposits from the RS4-2s and maybe some brake cleaner and the stuff Tony said would be enough ! We'll just have to see about that :) !
Mk5 GTI 6MT - Revo stage 3

Offline the bruce

• Thank You
  • -Given: 322
  • -Receive: 100
    • my GTI
« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2012, 12:18:41 am »
For what you want, RS4-2. They'll be absolutely perfect  :happy2:

Personally, for street use only I would go for RS4-2 (blue).
For track use only RS 14  :driver:.

:ashamed:

Rs4-2 but only on a clean disc, that's to say either new or skimmed

Ds2500 is a good fast road pad imvho, it's quiet and performs well.

If you take it to a track and miss the warning signs that it's going off a bit then it'll spew it's rubbery guts all over your discs calipers wheels and sills and be compromised from then on

Rs4-2 will do both jobs equally well but on its own terms (clean disc) but at a premium £

Agree with all of this.  :happy2:

Just another idea for road use: there seems to be new 'fast road pad' from Pagid (S-Line):

http://www.pagidracing.com/sport.html

http://www.pagidracing.com/car.html#vw

"The S-Line also called Sport Pads or CS Club Sport Pads
The Sport Pad is a high performance compound with low fading characteristics and high cold-friction. It is rotor friendly and suitable for street and light track use. The level of innovation, technology, and engineering PAGID put into the Sport Pads guarantees superb stopping power with acceptable levels of noise, dusting, and wear. In addition a majority of the "S" Line is standard with anti-noise shims. Available for many Audi, BMW, Porsche and VW applications.

PAGID "S" Brake Pads are dipped in a anti-corrosion blue paint, with a layer also on the friction surface. This paint coating will disintegrate during the first braking applications without any loss of friction compared to our other non-coated compounds."
« Last Edit: February 18, 2012, 01:46:53 am by the bruce »
"You get what you pay for."

Offline rex

• Thank You
  • -Given: 50
  • -Receive: 74
« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2012, 10:14:01 am »
During my trip to Nurburgring in August 2011 I shared the parking lot with a lot of Porsches because it was a half track day only for them.
Porsche had mechanics over there that were changing the pads on the factory or private own Porsches. The pads of choice were Pagid. The caliper is not the nqsbbk, it was the larger 911 997 calipers.
They used OEM Pagid pads (non racing ones) for 911 Turbo (this was the car that they were currently working on) and all the other cars that wanted OEM Pads. So the bruce's advice is spot on.
They also used Pagid Racing pads for the customers that wanted them. They said that they would mount any pad that the customer wants but the vast majority of non OEM Pads were Pagid Blue RS4-2.

Offline the bruce

• Thank You
  • -Given: 322
  • -Receive: 100
    • my GTI
« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2012, 01:50:27 pm »
When viewed some american Porsche forums the US Porsche boys seem
to use almost only Pagid pads. I remember Club Sports (S-Line), RS4-2,
RS4-4 and RS29.
Some swap the pads for DD and track day, some even use the RS29 even
for DD.

Of course there are some more great pads from highly regarded companies
like Carbone Lorraine, Carbopad, Endless and Performance Friction.
"You get what you pay for."