Make a donation

Author Topic: No Reg Plate  (Read 4475 times)

Offline nathangallo

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 24
  • -Receive: 4
    • Email
No Reg Plate
« on: February 19, 2012, 10:01:37 pm »
Im thinking of taking the front plate off and maybe putting it in the window which i did in my old car (Lovely corsa c :jumping: :signLOL:)
then thought what about none atall! BUT what type of punishment would i get is it just the £30 fine or will it be more???

Offline jhtrophy

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 5
  • Oh no it's a diesel
    • Email
Re: No Reg Plate
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2012, 10:03:33 pm »
Im thinking of taking the front plate off and maybe putting it in the window which i did in my old car (Lovely corsa c :jumping: :signLOL:)
then thought what about none atall! BUT what type of punishment would i get is it just the £30 fine or will it be more???
Dude, you are opening yourself up to some serious grief here, it would be a stupid idea and now delete thread.
BMW 335d msport touring lci. Auto, estate and diesel! Oh no

Offline Top Cat

• Top cat
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 171
  • -Receive: 335
  • Almost Jacamo
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2012, 10:06:24 pm »
The GTI looks great without plates, take the back one off as well.  :happy2: And dont worry about the Rozza's they will just tell you to put them back on :wink:

Offline jedi-knight83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 12
  • -Receive: 41
    • Cambridge Autogleam Detailing
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2012, 10:11:22 pm »
I've been running without my front plate on my car and van since the summer and never had a problem. Not even bothered putting it in the front screen.

You get a fixed fine but no points if your unlucky enough to get stopped.
Golf GTI DSG "ED30 Tribute" - RTech: 254bhp / 323lbft | MK6 GTI DSG S.Wheel | MK6 GTI speedo | MK6 climate | RCD510DAB | Bluetooth | Milltek Cat back | H&R Springs & Rear ARB | WALK | 19" BBS CH | MK7R 340mm brakes - INFO

Offline nathangallo

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 24
  • -Receive: 4
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2012, 10:16:17 pm »
I've been running without my front plate on my car and van since the summer and never had a problem. Not even bothered putting it in the front screen.

When i had it in the window of my corsa it would tuck down and you couldnt even see it and the cops werent happy but still told me to put it back and sometimes a fine but i thought maybe as its not there at all then points may come in to play :signLOL:

Offline WhiteGTI

• Thank You
  • -Given: 29
  • -Receive: 22
  • F-A-S-T
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2012, 10:23:30 pm »

When i had it in the window of my corsa it would tuck down and you couldnt even see it and the cops werent happy but still told me to put it back and sometimes a fine but i thought maybe as its not there at all then points may come in to play :signLOL:

Well on that 'logic' put the plate in your boot, then you'll still have a plate in the car that can't be seen, rather than no plate at all...
2008 Golf GTI - Revo Stage 2 NOW SOLD

2006 E46 BMW M3 - 343hp
2000 Lotus Elise Sport160 - 160hp

Offline af1

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2012, 10:42:38 pm »
so if you get stopped maybe 4 - 5 times a year.. get 2 warnings and 3 fines.. thats only £90??

Id rather display a plate and  give the £90 to charity.. but if you want to line the public purse then please be my guest ;)

Offline Hedge

• Thank You
  • -Given: 484
  • -Receive: 304
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2012, 11:11:10 pm »
The GTI looks great without plates, take the back one off as well.  :happy2: And dont worry about the Rozza's they will just tell you to put them back on :wink:

:signLOL:

h4rdy

« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2012, 11:12:44 pm »
When I was a biker a few of my mates with Ducati 996's would take their number plates off and just use the Brother Label Printing machines to print out a number plate in Yellow with Black writing.

'If' they got stopped for no number plate they used to point them to the label which obviously did not conform but it was a number plate.

£30 thankyou.

If no number plate then not sure if points are involved but you could give it the 'somebody must have nicked it'!

I do not condone any of the above.

Offline Tamiyoman

• Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 39
  • Prev car - Candy DSG ED30 No. 2235
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2012, 12:57:26 am »
Years ago a mate of mine stuck press studs on both his front and rear number plates and when the coppers stopped him he said sorry I forgot to put them back on, they been stolen 4 times and you boys aint caught the guy doing it yet, so now they are detachable!! (he did have his plates stolen several times while he was at his GF's house overnight as she lives in a pretty shonky area), he always kept the plates in his boot and just stuck em straight back on when he got stopped.

I think he used to get stopped about twice per month, on the plus side I believe he had fun driving back and forth through a speed camera at night one fine evening, he said they must ahve had about 50 pictures that night of a black car with no plates  :evilgrin:
« Last Edit: February 20, 2012, 12:59:16 am by Tamiyoman »
MK7 Golf R, Pure White 3Dr DSG, Had since 10/06/14

Offline garrardrj

• Thank You
  • -Given: 76
  • -Receive: 42
  • EX 2007 Golf Edition 30 owner in Suffolk
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2012, 08:47:28 am »
To alter or remove a number plate may be seen by some Officers as trying to pervert the course of justice , so would involve a bit more than a fine , don't do it.
2015 Golf R White 5 Door Leather DCC Dynaudio Pretorias
2009 Land Rover Freelander HSE - Workhorse
2007 Mk 5 Golf GTI Edition 30 - SOLD

Offline Tamiyoman

• Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 39
  • Prev car - Candy DSG ED30 No. 2235
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2012, 12:08:59 pm »
To alter or remove a number plate may be seen by some Officers as trying to pervert the course of justice , so would involve a bit more than a fine , don't do it.

"Pervert the course of justice", police speak for "Trying to get away with something they deem an offence" (Everyone is guilty), To alter it yes agreed, to remove it due to constant theft not so much, especcially if you reported said theft 3-4 times in space of 2 months to police
MK7 Golf R, Pure White 3Dr DSG, Had since 10/06/14

Offline MattPoss

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 9
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2012, 09:54:49 pm »
so if you get stopped maybe 4 - 5 times a year.. get 2 warnings and 3 fines.. thats only £90??

Id rather display a plate and  give the £90 to charity.. but if you want to line the public purse then please be my guest ;)

Well put :happy2:

I find it strange threads like this exist :stupid:

Matt
Mk5 Golf GTI - DSG, BBS VZ's, S3 Front Brakes, Electric Seats, R32 Rear Lights, Xenon's, Colour Coded........

Offline gillm

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 14
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2012, 09:58:57 pm »
funny tho !

or you could do like all the bellends round my way do is to put it infront of your rad . logic there NOT.

west tuned gt28 @ 340hp

Offline mvb12

• Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 64
  • VCDS - Adaptations * Coding * Diagnostics PM Me
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2012, 09:59:28 pm »

Well put :happy2:

I find it strange threads like this exist :stupid:

Matt

You shoulsd see the thread about "how to drive a GTI" Brahahahahahahahaha
VCDS HEX NET / VCP / ODIS - COVERING LONDON AND MIDLANDS
VCDS - Adaptations * Coding * Diagnostics PM Me
Canbus Gateway - Supply and fit (Stop battery drain issues)