Make a donation

Author Topic: Door not opening and boot  (Read 1173 times)

Offline benjii

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
Door not opening and boot
« on: February 22, 2012, 05:46:09 pm »
Hi everyone well my passenger door won't opening when I press the unlock button on my key once but if I press it a few times it opens and with the boot it won't open with the key boot button or the button inside the car but if I press the unlock button the boot unlocks anyone know why is this a coding problem

Offline LouCyffer

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 36
  • -Receive: 63
Re: Door not opening and boot
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2012, 06:16:17 pm »
You need a scan with VCDS to find out. Door lock intermittent faults are relatively common issues. Find a member near you in the VCDS sticky section & ask them to run a scan.

From what you post, there's no way to tell.

Take a look at this http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,31476.msg390947.html#msg390947
Black 2008 5 door GTI. Leather, DSG, ipod prep, 18" Monzas. Retrofitted: Cruise, PDC, RNS510, 729 Skoda Bluetooth (thanks SteveP), MFSW buttons (thanks MortyGTTDi), Armrest & vents, covered cupholder, Highline (thanks Kalu), Polar FIS+ (thanks Richn), Reversing camera (thanks MortyGTTDi)

Offline SRC

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 21
  • -Receive: 27
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2012, 06:39:25 pm »
Mine does the same.  Your car is set up to unlock the driver's door only on the first click of the remote.  If you've got a highline display, you can change this yourself in the settings.  It's designed to make it harder for someone on their own to be hijacked when they returns to their car. 

The boot unlock on the remote only works if the rest of the doors are locked.  Once you've opened and closed the boot again, it automatically locks itself.

Shadow blue DSG 5 door with leather, sunroof, 18" Monzas, MFSW. 
Full list of mods:  Seat inserts and a VW bottle opener.  Each worth 20bhp.

Offline benjii

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2012, 06:54:56 pm »
Thanks src puts my mind at rest  :happy2: