Make a donation

Author Topic: hangovers  (Read 1843 times)

Offline nezquick

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 33
hangovers
« on: February 25, 2012, 02:06:51 pm »
Is it just me or do hangivers get worse as you get older? Anyone got any good home remedies?

Offline stealthwolf

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 306
  • -Receive: 291
  • ED30 No.1412
    • Email
Re: hangovers
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2012, 02:07:51 pm »
Hair of dog

The GTI isn't just a machine. It's very much a living, breathing thing.

Offline s3dubbin

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 18
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2012, 02:16:07 pm »
I have the best hangover cure. Its in the latest pic in my build thread. And it tastes amazing.  :happy2: Stevie.

Offline rengti

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2012, 02:25:20 pm »
Hair of dog

Totally agree, a couple of pints and you're sound again :drinking:

Offline Horatio

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 23
  • -Receive: 39
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2012, 02:40:06 pm »
Activated charcoal FTW. Bought from holland and barratt, you buy it capsule form or powder form. Capsule is less messey. Take two capsules before you go to bed after a night out on the beeers, and you'll wake up surprisingly better than you would had you not taken two. Hair of the dog will just prolong the agony  :sick: Activated charcoal is used in hospital cases involving alcohol poisoning. Not from personal experience, but i think they pump your stomach with this. Also a better altenative to alka-sel-sa.  :happy2:
2007 Black Magic DSG Golf GTI Edition 30. No.1231
.:R32 "milk and juice come in 2 litres"
I run a dirty campervan, need scrubbers

Offline gti yorks

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2012, 02:41:38 pm »
The older you get the worse your hangover is, I wonder how I survived the 2 week holidays in the sun gettin smashed morning noon and night. Nowadays, I have a few beers and I am hanging for days, just cant hack it anymore, but for hangovers I find blueberry powerade works wonders.

Offline andrewparker

• Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 78
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2012, 02:50:32 pm »
Activated charcoal FTW. Bought from holland and barratt, you buy it capsule form or powder form. Capsule is less messey. Take two capsules before you go to bed after a night out on the beeers, and you'll wake up surprisingly better than you would had you not taken two. Hair of the dog will just prolong the agony  :sick: Activated charcoal is used in hospital cases involving alcohol poisoning. Not from personal experience, but i think they pump your stomach with this. Also a better altenative to alka-sel-sa.  :happy2:

You sure?

http://www.cure-hangovers.com/activated-charcoal.html

Offline Horatio

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 23
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2012, 03:24:34 pm »

You sure?

http://www.cure-hangovers.com/activated-charcoal.html

Yup tried and tested for many years. Laboratory conditions and going out on the pi$$ with a group of mates and then going for a double hot curry whilst injesting more beer are two very different ends of the spectrum I would say. But im not a doctor, so maybe its not for everyone. I did see one on the tv once though. You do know Casualty is not a fly on the wall documentry?  :laugh:
2007 Black Magic DSG Golf GTI Edition 30. No.1231
.:R32 "milk and juice come in 2 litres"
I run a dirty campervan, need scrubbers

Offline nezquick

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2012, 03:43:46 pm »
  :happy2: cheers guys. i tend to avoid hair of the dog it just makes the dizzy spinning worse. i had a little sleep aome strong coffee and gastropub lasagne and feel good head wise but still got a little of the shakes and spinning.. christ that was a heavy night, a good one though.. finding lots of bruises and grazes which im trying to remember what who when why where how i got them  :signLOL:

Offline Tamiyoman

• Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • Prev car - Candy DSG ED30 No. 2235
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2012, 03:50:13 pm »
Sorry cant help, im one of the lucky ones who does not get a hangover (My version of a hangover is bein tired the next day, but feeling absolutely fine with it!)  :P

I do try to eat a burger or kebab, slice of pizza etc and also drink a can of coke at same time and when i stumble in the first thing I do is make up a pint of vimto and neck that, then make another and take that upto my bedroom (hate waking up thirsty!)
« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 01:38:24 pm by Tamiyoman »
MK7 Golf R, Pure White 3Dr DSG, Had since 10/06/14

Offline Kregiel

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 28
  • -Receive: 20
  • Supersonic
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2012, 07:57:47 pm »
try coke! it was originally invented to allow workers in factories get back to shape quickly after whiskey night out!

works for me
Red 2008 GTI, H&R ARB, b12 suspension, walk, milltek non-res full exhaust, forge IC, tarox 10 pot big brake kit, RS4 valve, Forge SSK, Autotech HPFP, Xenons, K04 Turbo, Quaife LSD, South Bend stage 3 Daily with SMF clutch, XB and UB Unibraces

Offline B3n

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 29
  • Boom!!!!
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2012, 08:03:40 pm »
+1 for the coke :smiley: I tend to buy a can of coke with a Kebab :laugh: Open the can of coke before bed and drink in the morning when its flat :happy2:

I also try to have a pint of water before I go to sleep

My Flickr    Instagram: Chappers84

Offline nezquick

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2012, 08:47:38 pm »
Well had a couple of mountain dews and feel a million times better plus walked to shop which might of helped! usually i have a direalite before bed as it replaces all your salts etc etc.. workes a charm but only if you drink it that night..

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 113
« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2012, 01:29:36 pm »
I go out for a run, cycle or swim.  Cures all hangovers i find.  And i really am crap the day after a nightout

Offline rich83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 802
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=eho5ge0ru9dacg7m8j1hqa69h1&/topic,19740.0.html
« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2012, 01:33:35 pm »
Dioralyte

One before bed and one when you wake up.

OR... Don't drink :-)