Make a donation

Author Topic: Volant Intake System for TFSI  (Read 81888 times)

Offline RedRobin

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 379
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
Re: Volant Intake System for TFSI
« Reply #135 on: May 11, 2012, 09:58:11 am »

We can get a group buy going.

Put your name down

1. Donovan2123

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

....Why not start a new thread for this asking for interest and post a link to it from here. You will need to apply to Admin before it's eventually moved to the Group Buys section.

If you don't already know, you can also switch off the setting which always posts the Tapatalk stuff on every post you make.  :happy2:

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline Tamiyoman

• Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 39
  • Prev car - Candy DSG ED30 No. 2235
    • Email
« Reply #136 on: May 11, 2012, 10:09:38 am »

We can get a group buy going.

Put your name down

1. Donovan2123

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

....Why not start a new thread for this asking for interest and post a link to it from here. You will need to apply to Admin before it's eventually moved to the Group Buys section.

If you don't already know, you can also switch off the setting which always posts the Tapatalk stuff on every post you make.  :happy2:

Deffo speak to Mods 1st about organising a group buy, then when they OK it you can start one in the group buys section and post links to it from here and my build thread if you want to.

I joined my first group buy earlier this week  :happy2: :happy2:
MK7 Golf R, Pure White 3Dr DSG, Had since 10/06/14

Offline Squeeguk

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 20
  • -Receive: 28
    • Avante Auto - Still under construction
    • Email
« Reply #137 on: May 11, 2012, 10:19:33 pm »
Well, definitely put my name on that list once the mods have OK'd it all.

Avante Auto - For all your Auto Electronics and Car Audio needs including retrofits down South
PM me or call 0845 116 8870 for advice or pricing. Special Discount for Forum members

Offline Tamiyoman

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #138 on: May 16, 2012, 04:27:03 pm »
Quick update after 6 days motoring with the Volant fitted (320 miles covered).

Well it's pretty quiet all round, cant hear much induction roar on WOT (think the exhaust drowns it out), I have noticed it makes some slight "breathing" noises at part throttle and when in low gear and building revs and backing off you can hear the hiss (from the DV I presume), and occasionally you can hear a chattering but nothing too shouty/gurgly like the ITG's on facetube  :happy2:.

Just fitted the engine cover today after some basic trimming (still needs tidying up, smoothing and painting yet) and you will need to trim off a little off the back right hand corner because of the thickness of the intake pipe, but no clearance problems other than that.

Offline donovan2123

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 3
    • Email
« Reply #139 on: May 16, 2012, 04:59:27 pm »
Any pictures?  :smiley:

Offline E30Dom

• Thank You
  • -Given: 42
  • -Receive: 76
« Reply #140 on: May 16, 2012, 05:08:59 pm »
Pics and price to UK for KO4 please...

It's either this or a P-Flo with a custom shield...
Diesel Daily Hack.

Offline gazon69

• Thank You
  • -Receive: 34
« Reply #141 on: May 16, 2012, 05:26:26 pm »
What really impresses me with this intake is the looks. It looks really oem and has a one piece pipe. What doesnt impress me is no noise. I dont care if the itg is big and ugly, it does its job and does it well. Impressive flow rate, huge noise and impressive gains. As said in previous posts, i would have loved to have seen some before and after figures.

Offline Tamiyoman

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #142 on: May 16, 2012, 06:36:02 pm »
Any pictures?  :smiley:

2nd post on page 9  :happy2:

No pics of engine cover fitted yet as it was rough cut, it still needs sanding and painting yet before I take pics of finished article.  :happy2:
« Last Edit: May 16, 2012, 06:42:02 pm by Tamiyoman »

Offline Tamiyoman

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #143 on: May 16, 2012, 06:38:27 pm »
Pics and price to UK for KO4 please...

It's either this or a P-Flo with a custom shield...

They don't do specific K04 version, you will need to add the 25mm take off yourself (they cost about £23 from Demon Tweeks and Jabba added the take off for me and fitted the Intake), cost me £181 (inc Take off) plus shipping from USA (about £40).

There is no UK importer currently.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2012, 06:43:35 pm by Tamiyoman »

Offline Tamiyoman

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #144 on: May 16, 2012, 06:40:34 pm »
What doesnt impress me is no noise. I dont care if the itg is big and ugly, it does its job and does it well.

And thats exactly why I bought this, I dont want noise and I wanted OEM looking  :happy2: and yes the ITG does look like Blue Peter Toilet roll and grannies clunge sponge stuck on the end  :signLOL:

« Last Edit: May 16, 2012, 06:44:09 pm by Tamiyoman »

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #145 on: May 16, 2012, 06:59:17 pm »

And thats exactly why I bought this, I dont want noise and I wanted OEM looking  :happy2: and yes the ITG does look like Blue Peter Toilet roll and grannies clunge sponge stuck on the end  :signLOL:

.... :signLOL: That's a brilliant description of its visual appearance. But dare I ask how you know what a granny's clunge sponge looks like!?

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline badbwoy27

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
« Reply #146 on: May 16, 2012, 07:07:16 pm »
Don't really get people who say they want a good looking intake.any1 would think that you were getting married to it. :love:unless you own a show car does it really matter how something that spends all its life under the bonnet and rarely gets seen that important.intakes are there to do a job at the end of the day and that's to aid performance and sound.

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #147 on: May 16, 2012, 07:15:12 pm »

Don't really get people who say they want a good looking intake.any1 would think that you were getting married to it. :love:unless you own a show car does it really matter how something that spends all its life under the bonnet and rarely gets seen that important.intakes are there to do a job at the end of the day and that's to aid performance and sound.

....I don't get people who don't want any intake sound but I say Each To Their Own - We all have our individual preferences. My car is definitely go and not show but I often get asked to open my bonnet and I can appreciate the contents of a nice looking engine bay.

There's no reason why a piece of industrial design can't look good as well as be good functionally Porsche designs are a good example.

Offline Tamiyoman

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #148 on: May 16, 2012, 09:06:38 pm »

ETTO as far as I am concerned, but personally I dont like the look of the ITG it reminds of something you would see under the bonnet of an RS Turbo, I big pipe with a sponge on the end, I prefer the OEM look of the Volant it suits what I need/wanted and being a fan of Intakes that do the job without shouting and gurgling is all the better, some like the chavvy sounds, some don't  :happy2:

Offline Squeeguk

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 28
    • Avante Auto - Still under construction
    • Email
« Reply #149 on: May 16, 2012, 09:10:15 pm »
Any news on the GB?

Avante Auto - For all your Auto Electronics and Car Audio needs including retrofits down South
PM me or call 0845 116 8870 for advice or pricing. Special Discount for Forum members