Make a donation

Author Topic: Volant Intake System for TFSI  (Read 81982 times)

Offline RedRobin

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 379
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
Re: Volant Intake System for TFSI
« Reply #120 on: May 10, 2012, 05:21:43 pm »
@ monte:

Best one of those I've seen!  :drinking:

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline Tamiyoman

• Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 39
  • Prev car - Candy DSG ED30 No. 2235
    • Email
« Reply #121 on: May 11, 2012, 08:49:08 am »
No pictures it it being fitted as I was too busy watching how easy it was, it took them around 30 minutes to remove engine cover and install intake system (They had already added the 25mm Take off for K04 engines, which I am told took them around 15 mins), I missed most of installation due to chatting to Jabbaluke about his ED30 (Beast at 400hp), was finding out what he did and best way to progress my car, anyhoo I digress.

Pic of it fitted.

Asked them how it performed and they were impressed with it and said quite a few of their customers were waiting for them to fit mine so they could report back to them, from what he said we may start to see more of these cropping up on TFSI cars soon.

There were no issues with MAF scaling, looks like it's well designed, one thing I did notice was the Intake in the pics earlier in the thread showed a mounting point which may cause issues with engine movement but as mine did not have that (series 1 as opposed to series 2 I guess) it was not an issue, the Box part is moiunted utilizing 2 of the rubber bungs from your engine cover and this allows the box to move with the engine so no stress issues.

ON full throttle you dont notice the sound of it as the exhaust masks it  :grin: but on partial throttle you do get a little bit of a sucking noise (How do you word that?) and when backing off you can hear a slight hiss, but thats at lower speeds with no radio on, radio on you dont hear it or at higher speeds either.

Enjoy should you go for it, I would recommend it, for around £200 (Add £23 for 25mm take off for those with K04) you can have something that does the same as intakes costing £350-465  :happy2:
« Last Edit: May 11, 2012, 08:51:34 am by Tamiyoman »
MK7 Golf R, Pure White 3Dr DSG, Had since 10/06/14

Offline Squeeguk

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 20
  • -Receive: 28
    • Avante Auto - Still under construction
    • Email
« Reply #122 on: May 11, 2012, 08:58:36 am »
Ok guys, thanks to the guinea pig for having the balls to get one in and having it fitted. Thanks Tamiyoman for the feedback.

Time for that group buy to move ahead now. I been waiting for that, but if it doesn't go ahead I am getting one of these regardless.

Avante Auto - For all your Auto Electronics and Car Audio needs including retrofits down South
PM me or call 0845 116 8870 for advice or pricing. Special Discount for Forum members

Offline dan930

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 56
« Reply #123 on: May 11, 2012, 09:03:53 am »
Ok guys, thanks to the guinea pig for having the balls to get one in and having it fitted. Thanks Tamiyoman for the feedback.

Time for that group buy to move ahead now. I been waiting for that, but if it doesn't go ahead I am getting one of these regardless.

Where can u get this intake from??

MK6 golfR dsg
AKS TUNED
NORTECH PERFORMANCE HTA3071
R TECH custom map

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #124 on: May 11, 2012, 09:07:25 am »
Did you do any dyno runs before and after the intake to compare and assess the bhp gain?

The Volant ticks the boxes for sound and eye-candy for many folks but what about performance gains?

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline jedi-knight83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 12
  • -Receive: 41
    • Cambridge Autogleam Detailing
« Reply #125 on: May 11, 2012, 09:07:40 am »
Were there any before and after dyno runs?
Golf GTI DSG "ED30 Tribute" - RTech: 254bhp / 323lbft | MK6 GTI DSG S.Wheel | MK6 GTI speedo | MK6 climate | RCD510DAB | Bluetooth | Milltek Cat back | H&R Springs & Rear ARB | WALK | 19" BBS CH | MK7R 340mm brakes - INFO

Offline Tamiyoman

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #126 on: May 11, 2012, 09:07:55 am »

It would be nice to see others get them as I wont be a Loner then  :signLOL: :signLOL:

Offline Tamiyoman

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #127 on: May 11, 2012, 09:08:35 am »

Where can u get this intake from??

I got it from a company in USA called WCP Diesal.

Offline Tamiyoman

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #128 on: May 11, 2012, 09:09:50 am »

There were no before and after runs on just intake as 5 days previously I had TBE fitted so It would not have been accurate anyway, as I (personally) was not looking for large figures I was not overly concerned with what it gives on its own as I was always adding other mods with it, so as long as it performed on the whole was all I was bothered about, that coupled with I dont like the look of the ITG (Blue Peter toilet roll and Grannies Clunge sponge stuck on the end is my best desciption of it) and the Twintake was a little too "Bling" for my car (I wanted something more OEM looking) and the VWR (ITG with 50% price increase) was even in the running as the price is scandalous at £456  :surprised:

I had a window for exhaust and it was before intake im afraid.

Jabba confirmed it flowed well and their were no issues with the car not getting enough air.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2012, 09:13:53 am by Tamiyoman »

Offline jedi-knight83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 12
  • -Receive: 41
    • Cambridge Autogleam Detailing
« Reply #129 on: May 11, 2012, 09:11:39 am »

There were no before and after runs on just intake as 5 days previously I had TBE fitted so It would not have been accurate anyway.

does it 'feel' any different?
Golf GTI DSG "ED30 Tribute" - RTech: 254bhp / 323lbft | MK6 GTI DSG S.Wheel | MK6 GTI speedo | MK6 climate | RCD510DAB | Bluetooth | Milltek Cat back | H&R Springs & Rear ARB | WALK | 19" BBS CH | MK7R 340mm brakes - INFO

Offline Tamiyoman

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #130 on: May 11, 2012, 09:15:16 am »

There were no before and after runs on just intake as 5 days previously I had TBE fitted so It would not have been accurate anyway.

does it 'feel' any different?

Straight after the intake was fitted it had RR run and made 243.6bhp and then was stage 2 remapped so now it has 315.6bhp and feels VERY different.

I never drove it with just intake and exhaust im afraid.

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #131 on: May 11, 2012, 09:23:37 am »

There were no before and after runs on just intake as 5 days previously I had TBE fitted so It would not have been accurate anyway, as I (personally) was not looking for large figures I was not overly concerned with what it gives on its own as I was always adding other mods with it, so as long as it performed on the whole was all I was bothered about, that coupled with I dont like the look of the ITG (Blue Peter toilet roll and Grannies Clunge sponge stuck on the end is my best desciption of it) and the Twintake was a little too "Bling" for my car (I wanted something more OEM looking) and the VWR (ITG with 50% price increase) was even in the running as the price is scandalous at £456  :surprised:

Jabba confirmed it flowed well and their were no issues with the car not getting enough air.

....You've got this same discussion going on in two threads.

Shame on Jabba for not being more interested in the bhp gains and not running before and after dyno runs (as JKM did with my Forge TWINtake in spite of already having such data from other 2.0T FSI cars). The TBE would have been a constant in the comparison. It's the GAIN which folks are interested in and not just the number after all your mods.

I never drove it with just intake and exhaust im afraid.

....No, but Jabba could have easily dyno'd it for the intake comparison. Even if you weren't interested, weren't they?  :surprised:
« Last Edit: May 11, 2012, 09:27:35 am by RedRobin »

Offline Tamiyoman

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #132 on: May 11, 2012, 09:47:18 am »
At the end of the day he checked the flow rates and said its flowing more than enough, as long as it was not holding back other mods it is all good, he did say that he "expected" my car to make 310bhp with TBE and Intake on their rollers and it went onto make 315.6bhp so he was surprised, that could be intake or TBE tho, who knows.

And yes it would be easier for me if I replied in only one thread (or got asked about it in one thread only :wink:)

Offline donovan2123

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 3
    • Email
Re: Re: Volant Intake System for TFSI
« Reply #133 on: May 11, 2012, 09:49:33 am »
We can get a group buy going.

Put your name down

1. Donovan2123

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #134 on: May 11, 2012, 09:52:43 am »
^^^^
I'm afraid that you got asked about it because it's what most folks want to know. But as I posted in the other thread, I don't blame you but I'm not impressed with Jabba's apparent lack of interest in the specific data for this new Volant product.