Make a donation

Author Topic: Removing these lights  (Read 759 times)

Offline Johnny_tro

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 12
Removing these lights
« on: March 08, 2012, 07:52:01 pm »
Got my LED's...........just one thing.

Do I have to strip the mirrors down to get to the puddle light bulb? or can I just pop the cover off from the outside?

'VANDALISED' MK5 GT :( - RNS510 H, Bluetooth Armrest, MDI, 50gb hard drive, I can't park  sensors, Cruise Control, Highline Display, MFSW, Heated Seats, Remote Aux Heating System (Heats and Vents) Winter Pack, Heated & Folding Mirrors, Puddle Lights, Xenons, Headlamp Washers, Heated Washers, Auto lights and wipers, LED's, GTI brakes,, black R32 roof lining, Scirocco Rear View, Rear Footwell Lights

Offline StephenED30

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 53
  • Edition 40 No 135
Re: Removing these lights
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2012, 07:59:51 pm »
From what I remember when I did mine you just push the outer edge of the mirror forward and this will give you access to a Torx screw (number 6  I think) undo the screw and you can gently pry the lens off with the bulb holder and wiring still connected to it. Pull the bulb holder out of the lens and replace the bulb.  :happy2:

Offline Johnny_tro

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 12
Re: Removing these lights
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2012, 08:04:13 pm »
 :happy2:
'VANDALISED' MK5 GT :( - RNS510 H, Bluetooth Armrest, MDI, 50gb hard drive, I can't park  sensors, Cruise Control, Highline Display, MFSW, Heated Seats, Remote Aux Heating System (Heats and Vents) Winter Pack, Heated & Folding Mirrors, Puddle Lights, Xenons, Headlamp Washers, Heated Washers, Auto lights and wipers, LED's, GTI brakes,, black R32 roof lining, Scirocco Rear View, Rear Footwell Lights