Make a donation

Author Topic: Cruise Control - Green Light  (Read 6480 times)

Offline rich83

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 802
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=kb2g7h6vv5pp0up079aqjiiitv&/topic,19740.0.html
Re: Cruise Control - Green Light
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2012, 08:07:10 am »
Both my 05 and 07 golf have behaved this way, I presumed it happened like this because they were retro fitted.

Offline edd666999

• Thank You
  • -Given: 24
  • -Receive: 89
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2012, 08:11:26 am »
my green light is on if the cruise is in the "ON" position on the top rocker switch. And will stay on until i turn the rocker switch to off.

Offline vRS_Pagey

• Thank You
  • -Given: 66
  • -Receive: 59
« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2012, 10:27:49 am »
Both my 05 and 07 golf have behaved this way, I presumed it happened like this because they were retro fitted.

Both the GT and vRS are retrofit and behave differently.  As Stu says, due to the different coding required on the ECU, that could be the reason?? 

@ Stu, is it possible to recode the Golf (which is done via 11463) using the long coding method as I would prefer the light to come on only when the CC is activated?!

His: MK2 Black Magic Skoda Octavia vRS Estate
Hers: MK5 Graphite Blue Pearl VW Golf GT140 -

http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,32783.0.html

Offline vRStu

• Thank You
  • -Given: 90
  • -Receive: 159
    • Octavia-vRS Information Resource
« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2012, 10:39:20 am »
As Stu says, due to the different coding required on the ECU, that could be the reason?? 

I didn't say it was to do with the ECU coding at all, you did!!   :signLOL:

I've said on several occasions it is due to variations in firmware on the dash insert (instrument cluster).

The ECU on the Golf TDi and the Octavia behave differently, you've coded them correctly.
Stu...

Quartz Grey Audi A4 3.0 TDi S-Line Quattro, 7 Speed S-Tronic, 19" Twin Spoke Alloys, Alcantara Upholstery with Silver Stitching and Heating, Sat Nav High, B & O Sound, Audi Music Interface, DAB Radio, Parking Advanced with Rear View Camera, Advanced Keyless Entry, LED Interior Light Pack, Hill Hold Assist, Heated and Electrically Folding Mirrors, Through Load.

RNS510 Video in Motion unlocking, PIN recovery & DVD Region Free available

Offline vRS_Pagey

• Thank You
  • -Given: 66
  • -Receive: 59
« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2012, 11:11:35 am »
As Stu says, due to the different coding required on the ECU, that could be the reason??

I didn't say it was to do with the ECU coding at all, you did!!    :signLOL:

I've said on several occasions it is due to variations in firmware on the dash insert (instrument cluster).

The ECU on the Golf TDi and the Octavia behave differently, you've coded them correctly.

I must have misinterpreted your meaning, sorry.....  :ashamed: 

Ah well I can live with the light, considering I have paid a grand total of 75 quid plus 8 cans on Guinness and now have cruise control in both cars!!  :party:
« Last Edit: March 15, 2012, 11:14:30 am by vRS_Pagey »

His: MK2 Black Magic Skoda Octavia vRS Estate
Hers: MK5 Graphite Blue Pearl VW Golf GT140 -

http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,32783.0.html