Make a donation

Author Topic: my new ed30. (pic heavy - comments welcome)  (Read 26808 times)

Offline Adamtattooed30

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
Re: my new ed30. (pic heavy - comments welcome)
« Reply #45 on: June 29, 2012, 12:18:30 am »
I must admits the te centre caps were the cherry on top for me. They do look spot on. What size spacers did you use? 20mm?
ED30 tornado red, 3 door, carbonia intake, osir engine cover, h&r springs (ordered) Milltek cat back (ordered)

R32UK

« Reply #46 on: June 29, 2012, 09:13:27 am »
That looks great!! I think the pescaras have a lovelly colour to them so would never think of changing.... but that looks really good and goes with the colour of the car well.

Not a white car black wheels thing which everyone now seems to be doing. So credit for being original... and will no doubt help me spot you whenever I venture out to Ilkley (im in north leeds)

:happy2:

Offline rdfcpete

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 98
  • -Receive: 52
    • Email
« Reply #47 on: June 29, 2012, 05:46:52 pm »
I must admits the te centre caps were the cherry on top for me. They do look spot on. What size spacers did you use? 20mm?

No just 12mm IIRC mate, might even have been 10mm with my Audi splits which were 7.5J. Improved the look loads, especially if you're a stance hunter and want a prouder rear profile.
Pete

RNS-E LED 2012 | Aux-In | AP Coilovers |  Hawk HPS Pads | Revo Stage 1+
Previous: OEM+ 2006 MK5 Golf GTI 2.0T FSI Steel Grey 3 Door

Offline Adamtattooed30

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #48 on: June 29, 2012, 10:31:30 pm »
Got link to the spacers mate?

Cheer for the nice comments :)
ED30 tornado red, 3 door, carbonia intake, osir engine cover, h&r springs (ordered) Milltek cat back (ordered)

Offline rdfcpete

• Thank You
  • -Given: 98
  • -Receive: 52
    • Email
« Reply #49 on: June 29, 2012, 11:21:51 pm »
About 3/4 way down: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,15910.30.html

They were made by BIMMEC I think and were only 10mm if I recall, 10-15mm would work a treat in most cases with 7.5J OEM wheels.
Pete

RNS-E LED 2012 | Aux-In | AP Coilovers |  Hawk HPS Pads | Revo Stage 1+
Previous: OEM+ 2006 MK5 Golf GTI 2.0T FSI Steel Grey 3 Door

Offline Adamtattooed30

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #50 on: July 09, 2012, 01:22:36 pm »
Thanks Pete. Unfortunately some arse on his phone drove into me so my money is now taken up by fixing the front end. The most annoying thing is that the entire front had been painted less than a week before. Now the light is slightly pushed back and the bumper is pushed out. Bad times.!!

About 3/4 way down: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,15910.30.html

They were made by BIMMEC I think and were only 10mm if I recall, 10-15mm would work a treat in most cases with 7.5J OEM wheels.

Offline BenJeffrey

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
« Reply #51 on: July 09, 2012, 07:06:26 pm »
Hi Ben, was thinking we should get some people from over here and go for a drive, and get some good shots. There is a sweet drive which starts by goig up curly hill in ilkley and it's about 100 miles round trip, but need to find the route :)

Alrite buddy,

Loving the ED30, wish I could get insurance on one!
Saw the first picture at the Cow & Calf, from Skipton and work in Otley so i'm another local near you guys, i've seen your mates Polo knocking around as well  :happy2:

Liking it!

Its funny you reply, I saw you the other day driving into Ilkley, just after the bottom of the Addingham bypass! Just PM me whenever, although my 1.9 Tdi will NOT keep up!

Offline Adamtattooed30

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #52 on: July 09, 2012, 07:32:33 pm »
Yeh I was probs driving fast as that's just after the guy smashed my front end. You going to bug jam? I'm getting my car fixed ASAP and a smooth front in carbon (no point replacing broken for stock haha) so once it's all back together well take some sweet shots haha. Did you like the golf rims budddddy?

Offline BenJeffrey

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
« Reply #53 on: July 09, 2012, 07:35:02 pm »
Yeh I was probs driving fast as that's just after the guy smashed my front end. You going to bug jam? I'm getting my car fixed ASAP and a smooth front in carbon (no point replacing broken for stock haha) so once it's all back together well take some sweet shots haha. Did you like the golf rims budddddy?

The front of your car looked fine when I saw it, not a mark? Although you did have the rims on, and they looked sweet! Not going to Bug Jam i'm afraid, we'll look into something soon though  :happy2:

Offline Adamtattooed30

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #54 on: August 29, 2012, 11:39:43 pm »
few pics of my car over the past few months as i havent updated this in a while, not much has changed, hopefully in the coming months i want to get all the paint sorted out once and for all as some i am not happy with and some funny little youths took my edy badge from the back and took the paint with it.

hopefully to come will be coils, osir mirrors and foot plate, 3sdms (or something else with concave, if you have any ideas please tell me haha), some nice shiny bits under the bonnet and maybe a bonnet bra, maybe haha!

Offline SamMack88

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #55 on: September 02, 2012, 11:38:51 pm »
Nice pics!

Offline SamMack88

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #56 on: September 02, 2012, 11:43:43 pm »
Well nice car

Offline taylor

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
« Reply #57 on: September 04, 2012, 04:58:16 am »
Lovely car mate and great pictures
Tornado red ED30

Offline Frodo-anni

• Thank You
  • -Given: 14
  • -Receive: 45
    • Email
« Reply #58 on: September 04, 2012, 06:05:51 pm »
Who did the wheel refurb for you in the end?
mk4 Anniversary pd No0341 - Sold
mk5 GTI Edition 30 DSG No0391

Offline Adamtattooed30

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #59 on: September 10, 2012, 02:41:00 pm »
Thanks for the comments guys, people love or hate the wheels. They were powdercoated at cas coatings in Bradford, if I am 100% honest thee are a few imperfections in them but for the price they look amazing and you can't see any of the marks when they are on the car.

Hoping to get it on some coils and have a few bits of paint done soon. and my carbon front should be here by the end of the month  :grin:

If any1 knows a really good body shop in Leeds/ Bradford area I would ally appreciate it. Had a few bits done by the ones I know and I am not 100% happy with them.

Cheers again guys