Make a donation

Author Topic: Passion/Emporium - Coalville, Leicestershire  (Read 2175 times)

Offline rdfcpete

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 98
  • -Receive: 52
    • Email
Passion/Emporium - Coalville, Leicestershire
« on: March 19, 2012, 07:15:12 pm »
Who's been?

http://www.theemporiumuk.co.uk/index1.php

Going up this Saturday with a few other progressive fans.
Where's best to stay nearby as it's middle of nowhere it seems?

Appreciate any tips  :happy2:

Ta.
Pete

RNS-E LED 2012 | Aux-In | AP Coilovers |  Hawk HPS Pads | Revo Stage 1+
Previous: OEM+ 2006 MK5 Golf GTI 2.0T FSI Steel Grey 3 Door

Offline jhtrophy

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 5
  • Oh no it's a diesel
    • Email
Re: Passion/Emporium - Coalville, Leicestershire
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2012, 07:17:59 pm »
thought that was a car thing then, then realised it wasn't for my radio 2 ears :signLOL:
BMW 335d msport touring lci. Auto, estate and diesel! Oh no

Offline Matto

• Thank You
  • -Given: 24
  • -Receive: 116
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,37071.0.html
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2012, 10:38:51 pm »
I'm reasonably local and used to go here a few years ago. Tbh there isn't many pubs to go to before. The emporium is on the high street and opposite is a small car park which have a couple of pubs around it. One used to be called the Lytton Tree and there is also a Weatherspoons. As for accommodation I'm not sure what there is.

There is a Premier Inn on the Flagstaff Island in Ashby de la Zouch which is no more than a 10 min taxi from Coalville. There is also more selection of pubs in Ashby to go before hand.

Offline berg

• Thank You
  • -Given: 49
  • -Receive: 38
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2012, 10:53:31 pm »
not been yet, was hoping to go to oakey one on 27/04 but wifes birthday weekend, so looking at Slinky Bournemouth week after instead I think  :drinking:
Diamond Black Pearl Edition 30, still going strong but now back to Stg 1

Offline rdfcpete

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2012, 10:58:06 pm »
I'm reasonably local and used to go here a few years ago. Tbh there isn't many pubs to go to before. The emporium is on the high street and opposite is a small car park which have a couple of pubs around it. One used to be called the Lytton Tree and there is also a Weatherspoons. As for accommodation I'm not sure what there is.

There is a Premier Inn on the Flagstaff Island in Ashby de la Zouch which is no more than a 10 min taxi from Coalville. There is also more selection of pubs in Ashby to go before hand.

Ta dude, useful  :happy2:

What (roughly) can we expect to pay for a 4 seater cab from the premier inn you mention to Emporium? Not to worry if it's a tough call.

Heard a few stories that it used to be a real pill palace in the old days. Seem to get some fairly big/current names. Missed Ferry Corsten and Gareth Emery just 2 Saturdays ago there :/

Pete

Offline Matto

• Thank You
  • -Given: 24
  • -Receive: 116
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,37071.0.html
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2012, 11:04:50 pm »
Yeah quite possibly. Tbh I think that's just what comes with the dance music culture. I've never been into myself. Just for the music. I've been to a few dnb nights around the country and those are the same.

As for the taxi I'm not to sure but you only looking about 5 miles or so and if your sharing it shouldn't be much each.

I did an all nighter there years ago now. Saw Mauro Picotto but can't remember who else. Who's playing Saturday?

Offline rdfcpete

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2012, 06:07:39 pm »
Yeah quite possibly. Tbh I think that's just what comes with the dance music culture. I've never been into myself. Just for the music. I've been to a few dnb nights around the country and those are the same.

As for the taxi I'm not to sure but you only looking about 5 miles or so and if your sharing it shouldn't be much each.

I did an all nighter there years ago now. Saw Mauro Picotto but can't remember who else. Who's playing Saturday?

Mauro Picotto  :drinking:
Lizard 'live', would simply be epic  :happy2:

Yeah spot on, of course it's part of crowd that listens and parties to this kind of genre. Few older mates who used to go back in the day thought it would've been shut down by now because of substance issues :grin:

Gonna' call for a taxi quote later, just get an idea. You're right, won't be much though.

No-one listed this Sat, just a chance to do it.

In a couple of weeks I think Oakenfold is hosting a night, Alex M.O.R.P.H being the only other name I instantly recognised  :happy2:
Pete

Offline berg

• Thank You
  • -Given: 49
  • -Receive: 38
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2012, 11:02:00 pm »
it's oakey's 4 seasons tour, he was quality in Birmingham and even better in Cream other week  :jumpmove:

Andy Moor is one too who is local and he is a good dj
Diamond Black Pearl Edition 30, still going strong but now back to Stg 1

Offline Drapoon

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 4
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2012, 03:31:03 pm »
Went there a few times circa 14 years ago..... there were indeed a lot of substance abusing madmen in there!
I stuck rigidly to cans of red stripe however I do remember a fish tank wall in the gents which showed the ladies facilities through the fish riddled tank...
thinking about it maybe somebody spiked my beer!

This was in the days of the 1st Ministry of sound "the annual" , Fantasia, Dave Pierce Anthems - oh the shame :ashamed:

Offline rdfcpete

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2012, 08:08:33 pm »
Went there a few times circa 14 years ago..... there were indeed a lot of substance abusing madmen in there!
I stuck rigidly to cans of red stripe however I do remember a fish tank wall in the gents which showed the ladies facilities through the fish riddled tank...
thinking about it maybe somebody spiked my beer!

This was in the days of the 1st Ministry of sound "the annual" , Fantasia, Dave Pierce Anthems - oh the shame :ashamed:

Yeah, wouldn't get in nowadays would you, at your age?  :laugh:

Did you go back at all Drapes? I'll have to give you a text on Sunday to give you my verdict  :happy2:
Pete