Make a donation

Author Topic: Problems with Sky+ box  (Read 3978 times)

Saintsteve

Re: Problems with Sky+ box
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2012, 06:11:03 pm »
Not more than 18 momths, Steve..
If yours is an ordinary Sky plus and not the the hd version, u may have a Thomson Sky+. Do you have issues with getting the box to come outa standby aswell?

if u can give me the make and version details from the system details page, I will know more.

Amstrad
A2P0802
4F2117

:happy2:
We've got a problem with our Sky+ box, just want to pick someone's brain...

The picture is keep jumping just like it can do in bad weather, but the weather outside is perfect..
It even does it while watching a recording!!

I'm thinking the hard drive is one its last legs...

Any thoughts?

Mine does this on occasion as well.
I've done the reset thing and it works for a while,then starts doing it again.But since I moved the boxes around under the TV and got more room and more airflow around the SKY+  box,it seems to be working fine.
Mines an Amstrad box.

Good advise.
Just gives the box better ventilation. Persoanlly seeing that the box youve got, id apply for a free Hd+ and self install. avoid any install charges and sky would send it for free.

Sounds like a corrupt hard disk, one of its sectors is fecked... no ammount of Reset will cure it but if you wipe the drive and start again, you will at some point have the same problem. Or Put another Hard drive in youself and visit www.digitalspy.com for threads on "how too"change it

Offline damoegan

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 33
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2012, 06:29:35 am »
Looking on the sky website to get the free HD+ box I will have to sign up for the HD package @ £10.50 a month...

Offline Bane

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 5
  • "I was born a handsome man and now I'm half a goat
« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2012, 10:31:22 am »
Sorry,should have mentioned that mine is an HD box.
Didn't realise that there was much of a difference between SKY+ and SKY+HD boxes.

Saintsteve

« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2012, 04:01:44 pm »
See what deals there are. give sales a call and see what deal they will do for you.. you don't have to take the hd subs for 1 year, but you may have to pay to have the hd supplied, if you want to keep your subs the same rate. but as I say, give sales a call and I'm sure they will sort you out.

Offline damoegan

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 33
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2012, 07:57:32 pm »
Thanks Steve, will give them a call some time next week  :happy2:

Offline taff-turbo

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 3
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2012, 08:02:08 pm »
had to rebuild/reset our hd box at least twice a week, threatened to leave and got a shiny new 1tb box :happy2: no problems since

Offline Horatio

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 23
  • -Receive: 39
« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2012, 08:06:43 pm »
have you tried erasing all the recorded programs off the hard drive? my brothers sky box kept playing up like this, and more recently our virgin box was playing up. a spring clean was all that was needed.
2007 Black Magic DSG Golf GTI Edition 30. No.1231
.:R32 "milk and juice come in 2 litres"
I run a dirty campervan, need scrubbers

Saintsteve

« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2012, 08:22:15 pm »
had to rebuild/reset our hd box at least twice a week, threatened to leave and got a shiny new 1tb box :happy2: no problems since
Thanks Steve, will give them a call some time next week  :happy2:
This is what you need to do. Get though to cxlations dept and Sky will then jump through hoops to keep you.

just been on Watchdog too  :wink: