Make a donation

Author Topic: Brake bleeding with VCDS HOW??????  (Read 5889 times)

Offline Phil Miller

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 86
  • -Receive: 34
    • Email
Brake bleeding with VCDS HOW??????
« on: March 21, 2012, 10:47:36 pm »
Right here goes, my car has always been like this, you press the brakes to slow down and altho the pedal travel is fine you have to use half of the travel to feel the car start to slow down, now my OH has a 57 plate 105 like mine, in hers when you press the brake gently you feel the brakes kick in, if i pressed her pedal the way i press mine id go thro the windscreen, ive given the car a complete brake fluid change, fitted 312mm GTI front and rear brakes and its still the same,  so im thinking at some point in her life she has got a little air in the ABS pump, and im also thinking if i activate the ABS pump and re bleed the brake that should help sort my pedal feel, is that right?

so how do you bleed the brakes using VCDS, is it a case of sitting in the car press the button on the laptop and then have someone open each bleeder while you pump the pedal, or is there another way?

any help would be great as the brakes on mine should make her stop on a pound coin
2004 Golf 5dr TDI, 140 remap, GTI front bumper, skirts, highline cluster, 18in wheels, jamax coilovers, winter pack
WANTED HIGHLINE CCM AND CECM PLEASE PM ME IF YOU CAN HELP

Offline vRStu

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 90
  • -Receive: 159
    • Octavia-vRS Information Resource
Re: Brake bleeding with VCDS HOW??????
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2012, 11:31:28 am »
Brake Bleeding with VCDS is really only to clear the ABS Pump Unit.

http://www.ross-tech.com/vag-com/cars/absbleeding.html
Stu...

Quartz Grey Audi A4 3.0 TDi S-Line Quattro, 7 Speed S-Tronic, 19" Twin Spoke Alloys, Alcantara Upholstery with Silver Stitching and Heating, Sat Nav High, B & O Sound, Audi Music Interface, DAB Radio, Parking Advanced with Rear View Camera, Advanced Keyless Entry, LED Interior Light Pack, Hill Hold Assist, Heated and Electrically Folding Mirrors, Through Load.

RNS510 Video in Motion unlocking, PIN recovery & DVD Region Free available

Offline Phil Miller

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 86
  • -Receive: 34
    • Email
Re: Brake bleeding with VCDS HOW??????
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2012, 06:47:26 pm »
Brake Bleeding with VCDS is really only to clear the ABS Pump Unit.

http://www.ross-tech.com/vag-com/cars/absbleeding.html

Yeah im thinking i have a little air in the pump so wanna try it

Thanks mate
2004 Golf 5dr TDI, 140 remap, GTI front bumper, skirts, highline cluster, 18in wheels, jamax coilovers, winter pack
WANTED HIGHLINE CCM AND CECM PLEASE PM ME IF YOU CAN HELP