Make a donation

Author Topic: mk5 golf engine  (Read 1806 times)

Offline deano

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
mk5 golf engine
« on: March 25, 2012, 12:19:16 pm »
ive just bought a second hand engine and got a freind to put it in hes good at cars but has comne up short this time i think
the engine  is rocking forwards and backwards on idle and is blowing the air pipes out when reved  its a mk5 golf tdi any ideas or sollutions would be well appreciated

Offline deano

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
    • Email
Re: mk5 golf engine
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2012, 12:21:58 pm »
its a golf 1.9 tdi mk5

Offline Phil Miller

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 86
  • -Receive: 34
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2012, 12:56:06 pm »
whats the engine code? what pipes are being blown off, did he use your manifolds and turbo on the new engine or ones that came with the new one?
2004 Golf 5dr TDI, 140 remap, GTI front bumper, skirts, highline cluster, 18in wheels, jamax coilovers, winter pack
WANTED HIGHLINE CCM AND CECM PLEASE PM ME IF YOU CAN HELP

Offline deano

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2012, 01:23:29 pm »
ive not sent it for diagnostic yet until tomorrow was just asking for some oppinions
and blow a pipe under the engine

Offline Phil Miller

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 86
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2012, 01:29:26 pm »
it could be anything, the engine movement could be he has forgotten the torque arm, the pipe blowing off could very well be a boost pipe, the metal tags go weak and then get blown off when under load/boost, with out the engine number its guess work mate
2004 Golf 5dr TDI, 140 remap, GTI front bumper, skirts, highline cluster, 18in wheels, jamax coilovers, winter pack
WANTED HIGHLINE CCM AND CECM PLEASE PM ME IF YOU CAN HELP

Offline deano

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2012, 01:55:17 pm »
thanks m8 anyways i cant do much with it been sun but ill post the diag code when i get it  cheers buddy

Offline deano

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2012, 01:56:22 pm »
the engine managment light is on anyways so needs sorting

Offline apples12

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2012, 05:43:28 pm »
are you sure he replaced all the retaining clips and all the pipes which he replaced 'snapped' into place correctly?

a lot if not ALL of the pipework particularly to do with the intercooler/turbo will 'snap' positively into place and there'll be a snap ring which secures it into place

if the pipes are being 'blown off' then i'd hazard a guess that they arent being secured correctly

good luck!
MK6 GT TDI  - CW - LUX pack
GONE
MkV Golf 1.9TDI Sport in DBP, 160,000 miles and climbing!

Retrofits by me:GT front end,OEM bixenons with auto-levelling/washers, Valeo LED Rears, MFSW + Highline SWCM, Cruise Control, 30byte Highline CECM, Highline clocks, Rain/Light Sensor, Auto-dimming Rear view Mirror, RNS-510 LED (Ver H; SW: 4020), Fiscon Basic Bluetooth, MDI + Aux, Armrest, Reverse Camera LOW, TPMS..what next...

Offline deano

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2012, 08:00:24 pm »
thanks for your reply hes sorted it, it was the injector he never cliped  a wire on 1 ov them lol.by mistake

but now another problem im so fed, up all seems well the engine light has gone off  and drives well but the car feels like its been chocked
there seems little power init but drives well just the vrooooooomf seems to have gone if this makes any sence

Offline apples12

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2012, 11:27:56 am »
without meaning any offence to your mate or anything but just as a precaution i'd get all four of those injectors pulled and the injector seals replaced

DONT get the seal kits from VW, they cost a small fortune from them, get them from Andrew Page i picked mine up for about 6quid per set

get the seals replaced on each of the injectors, get the injectors reseated

then ensure all the injectors are realigned in the cylinder head and all the plugs are connector, replace the valve cover

make sure all the pipes etc are connected, just because one of the injector connectors wasnt connected doesnt mean pipes should start flying off! you've probably still got a boost pipe loose somewhere hence the loss of power!

get under the car and start looking for missing clips around hoses

good luck!
MK6 GT TDI  - CW - LUX pack
GONE
MkV Golf 1.9TDI Sport in DBP, 160,000 miles and climbing!

Retrofits by me:GT front end,OEM bixenons with auto-levelling/washers, Valeo LED Rears, MFSW + Highline SWCM, Cruise Control, 30byte Highline CECM, Highline clocks, Rain/Light Sensor, Auto-dimming Rear view Mirror, RNS-510 LED (Ver H; SW: 4020), Fiscon Basic Bluetooth, MDI + Aux, Armrest, Reverse Camera LOW, TPMS..what next...