Make a donation

Author Topic: Help from someone with ETKA (Audi)  (Read 7067 times)

Offline vRStu

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 90
  • -Receive: 159
    • Octavia-vRS Information Resource
Re: Help from someone with ETKA (Audi)
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2012, 11:50:54 am »
the difference with me, ofc, is that i don't have factory sensors so the plan was to use the older wiring from my CECM to the module, and then the newer wiring from my module to the speakers. it can't harm to try, and if it doesn't work i'll sell the sensors with the kufatec loom to get some of my money back. i'm just worried my CECM won't support sensors at all, tho i'd be surprised because i've got auto lights/wipers on my car and a couple of other high spec bits.

I have upgraded an R36 Passat from non OPS to to OPS just by changing the the Parking Controller (76 to 10) and then adding the additional wiring so I know that aspect is possible.  However I'm certain for the A3 you need front sensors to have OPS.

So what I'm saying here is you may as well stick with the older setup of a 76 controller.

not all MY09+ 8Ps have front sensors, so i'd be surprised if that was an absolute requirement to getting it all working. in fact i know of more than one person who've just fitted the rears so fingers crossed it should be fine. if not, well i've already got the late model RNS-E so maybe i'll just fit front sensors as well lol. i've actually got 4 spare after all!

I haven't suggested that all MY09 onwards had 8 or more sensors, I had a late car with only rears so I know that's not the case.  Perhaps you misunderstood.

thanks very much for your help mate - i owe you a pint or something definitely. i've asked these questions before on other forums and nobody has been anywhere near as helpful as you, even people who i know know the answers!

No problem.  I know Nige at ASN has done a fair bit with Parking sensors, we've discussed it before.
Stu...

Quartz Grey Audi A4 3.0 TDi S-Line Quattro, 7 Speed S-Tronic, 19" Twin Spoke Alloys, Alcantara Upholstery with Silver Stitching and Heating, Sat Nav High, B & O Sound, Audi Music Interface, DAB Radio, Parking Advanced with Rear View Camera, Advanced Keyless Entry, LED Interior Light Pack, Hill Hold Assist, Heated and Electrically Folding Mirrors, Through Load.

RNS510 Video in Motion unlocking, PIN recovery & DVD Region Free available

Offline sub39h

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 189
  • -Receive: 84
Re: Help from someone with ETKA (Audi)
« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2012, 11:59:34 am »
the difference with me, ofc, is that i don't have factory sensors so the plan was to use the older wiring from my CECM to the module, and then the newer wiring from my module to the speakers. it can't harm to try, and if it doesn't work i'll sell the sensors with the kufatec loom to get some of my money back. i'm just worried my CECM won't support sensors at all, tho i'd be surprised because i've got auto lights/wipers on my car and a couple of other high spec bits.

I have upgraded an R36 Passat from non OPS to to OPS just by changing the the Parking Controller (76 to 10) and then adding the additional wiring so I know that aspect is possible.  However I'm certain for the A3 you need front sensors to have OPS.

So what I'm saying here is you may as well stick with the older setup of a 76 controller.

ohhhh i get you now. yeah sorry for factory OPS on the 8P you need front and rear sensors, but it can be retrofitted for rears only - NHN did it to his. i'm not sure whether you need the MY10 RNS-E or not, but yep you definitely need the later module

i'm not bothered about OPS anyway, just want my sensors working  :happy2:
« Last Edit: March 30, 2012, 12:01:46 pm by sub39h »
2006 Phantom Black A3 2.0T S-Line
DSG | Rear Parking Sensors | MFSW | BOSE | Auto lights/wipers | Half leather
MODS : '09 tail lights | TT vents | Bilstein B14 | RNS-E 2010 | AMI | AKS Tuning custom CAI | Titanium BBS VZs | NQS BBK | WALK | Autotech RARB | Bluemotion aero | Blueflame TBE | Autotech HPFP | MY11 Wing Mirrors | Bluetooth | S3 Intercooler
PLANS: Stage 2+