Make a donation

Author Topic: walk kit not very effective  (Read 955 times)

Offline heady2010

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
walk kit not very effective
« on: April 01, 2012, 07:11:35 pm »
Just fitted a second hand walk kit and to be honest i can't really tell much difference. The only thing i did notice when fitting was that the inner piece of the bush wasn't the tightest fit to the bottom arm, possibly causing unwanted movement? Anyone had similar experience?

Offline Little_Dave

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 28
Re: walk kit not very effective
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2012, 07:51:31 pm »
Just fitted a second hand walk kit and to be honest i can't really tell much difference. The only thing i did notice when fitting was that the inner piece of the bush wasn't the tightest fit to the bottom arm, possibly causing unwanted movement? Anyone had similar experience?

Can't speak for a 2nd hand kit but the new kit i fitted made a noticable difference to handling, how old is the kit you got and how many miles has it covered? Believe you can get new polybush inserts for them too  :happy2:

Dave

Offline dan930

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 56
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2012, 08:03:53 pm »
Did yr steering feel more heavy??

MK6 golfR dsg
AKS TUNED
NORTECH PERFORMANCE HTA3071
R TECH custom map

Offline gazon69

• Thank You
  • -Given: 20
  • -Receive: 34
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2012, 10:04:26 am »
Are you just running walk? Any other suspension mods? I think the main thing its meant to do is reduce wheel hop, which mine does excellently. Personally i haven't really felt much advantage in handling as i am running stock springs and dampers. I have recently added an autotech arb to the rear which has vastly improved handling and will add to that when i my bilstein b12 kit.

Offline Tfsi_Mike

• Thank You
  • -Given: 241
  • -Receive: 309
  • Go Large or Go Home
    • Tfsi Mikes Money Pit AKS / TTE / RTech St2+ Cupra
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,32721.msg402587.html#msg402587
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2012, 10:08:39 am »

Did you have geometry / alignment done afterwards?