Make a donation

Author Topic: Looking for V-power????  (Read 5745 times)

Offline Jussa

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 23
  • -Receive: 12
  • Bicester
    • Email
Looking for V-power????
« on: April 03, 2012, 10:19:02 pm »
My closest Shell station in Crystal Palace hasn't had any V-power since last week Thursday, and I'm now starting to panic!!  :fighting:
Can anybody in South East London advise if they know of a Shell garage that has some??  :scared:
2010 3dr phantom black S-Tronic S3 - BCS TBE with 3½" DP - LOBA LO4xx turbo - LOBA HPFP - Revo CAI - H&R 25mm lowering springs - Forge 11mm spacers - RS4 fuel Pressure valve - THS intercooler - H&R front and rear ARB's - AEM water methanol injection

Offline bacillus

• Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 451
Re: Looking for V-power????
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2012, 10:29:39 pm »
Have you looked on the Shell website and rung all the nearby Shell stations to see if they have any?

I had to do this to get my supply last week.
Without traction power is nothing!

Offline Jussa

• Thank You
  • Bicester
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2012, 10:34:16 pm »
I reckon I will have to give that a go tomorrow  :confused:
Did u have to travel far to get some?
I can probably get hold of some Tesco 99 but have never had it in my car, and not sure on it.
2010 3dr phantom black S-Tronic S3 - BCS TBE with 3½" DP - LOBA LO4xx turbo - LOBA HPFP - Revo CAI - H&R 25mm lowering springs - Forge 11mm spacers - RS4 fuel Pressure valve - THS intercooler - H&R front and rear ARB's - AEM water methanol injection

Offline Hedge

• Thank You
  • -Given: 484
  • -Receive: 304
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2012, 10:39:12 pm »
My local has been out for over a week. I'm running on Tesco Finest.  :sad1:

Offline Jussa

• Thank You
  • Bicester
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2012, 10:40:30 pm »
Hey Hedge, how does it feel/compare to Tesco's finest??

Offline bacillus

• Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 451
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2012, 10:40:57 pm »
In the end I had to travel all of 2 miles from home to a Shell station I had never been to before. Surprisingly there were no queues in spite of all the other Shell stations running dry at the time.  :confused:

http://www.shell.co.uk/home/content/gbr/products_services/on_the_road/shell_station_locator/online_station_locator/
Without traction power is nothing!

Offline Hedge

• Thank You
  • -Given: 484
  • -Receive: 304
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2012, 10:41:41 pm »
It's ok mate. Meets the octane requirement and so far so good.

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 113
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2012, 10:43:33 pm »
I found Tesco Momentum99 makes my tick over and idle smoother.  Suffers no timing pull or loss of power with momentum either.  So considering the map was done with VPower in, it cant be that bad

Offline sub39h

• Thank You
  • -Given: 189
  • -Receive: 84
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2012, 10:44:43 pm »
The Tesco 99 fuel again outperformed V Power in all the tests but the differences between the two fuels were marginal and we doubt most people would tell the difference in their cars on a day to day basis. However the Tesco fuel was the most consistent.

source: http://www.thorneymotorsport.co.uk/tuning/Fuel_Test_Results_Update.shtml
2006 Phantom Black A3 2.0T S-Line
DSG | Rear Parking Sensors | MFSW | BOSE | Auto lights/wipers | Half leather
MODS : '09 tail lights | TT vents | Bilstein B14 | RNS-E 2010 | AMI | AKS Tuning custom CAI | Titanium BBS VZs | NQS BBK | WALK | Autotech RARB | Bluemotion aero | Blueflame TBE | Autotech HPFP | MY11 Wing Mirrors | Bluetooth | S3 Intercooler
PLANS: Stage 2+

Offline Jussa

• Thank You
  • Bicester
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2012, 10:44:49 pm »
In the end I had to travel all of 2 miles from home to a Shell station I had never been to before. Surprisingly there were no queues in spite of all the other Shell stations running dry at the time.  :confused:

http://www.shell.co.uk/home/content/gbr/products_services/on_the_road/shell_station_locator/online_station_locator/

:signLOL: well at least u found a new station.  My mate that lives on the South Coast says they have no issues at all, it seems that all the London lunatics cleared al the V-power out, or Shell are not slicing London 1st  :sad1:
I'm going to try and call a few stations tomorrow.

Offline Jussa

• Thank You
  • Bicester
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2012, 10:48:27 pm »
The Tesco 99 fuel again outperformed V Power in all the tests but the differences between the two fuels were marginal and we doubt most people would tell the difference in their cars on a day to day basis. However the Tesco fuel was the most consistent.

source: http://www.thorneymotorsport.co.uk/tuning/Fuel_Test_Results_Update.shtml

Very interesting, think I will have to try the Tesco  :party:
Never seen this 102 octane BP, anybody ever used it, and where did they get it?

Offline sub39h

• Thank You
  • -Given: 189
  • -Receive: 84
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2012, 10:49:27 pm »
it's an old article. BP have since stopped selling 102 in this country. was only available at a handful of petrol stations nationwide anyway, often near tracks that offered track days.
2006 Phantom Black A3 2.0T S-Line
DSG | Rear Parking Sensors | MFSW | BOSE | Auto lights/wipers | Half leather
MODS : '09 tail lights | TT vents | Bilstein B14 | RNS-E 2010 | AMI | AKS Tuning custom CAI | Titanium BBS VZs | NQS BBK | WALK | Autotech RARB | Bluemotion aero | Blueflame TBE | Autotech HPFP | MY11 Wing Mirrors | Bluetooth | S3 Intercooler
PLANS: Stage 2+

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 113
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2012, 10:50:01 pm »
I was getting panicky the other day as i dont have differewnt octane maps on my cruise stalk, just different test files that i have been using.  I refused to queue for fuel and thought id leave it another day.  Ended up on fumes trying to find some 99ron,

Ref that thorneyt thread, its an interesting read, but also bear in mind they were sponsored by tesco 99 fuels

Offline berg

• Thank You
  • -Given: 49
  • -Receive: 38
« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2012, 10:50:25 pm »
momentum is fine just as good as v power in my experience, can certainly tell difference when I had to put 95 BP in last week  :sick:
Diamond Black Pearl Edition 30, still going strong but now back to Stg 1

Offline Hurdy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 52
  • -Receive: 137
« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2012, 10:55:00 pm »
No problems at the moment here in Sheffield. V-Power ran out for a few days, but back now. :happy2:
Golf R gone.