Make a donation

Author Topic: airtec intercooler same as forge only cheaper  (Read 32915 times)

Offline RobH

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 9
  • Revo stg 2+
Re: airtec intercooler same as forge only cheaper
« Reply #60 on: July 29, 2012, 05:58:18 pm »
buying these instead of from the likes of forge, apr etc is just sh*ttin on our own industry. At this rate if the likes of forge no longer make money because some company decided to copy their design and produce a lesser quality product, they wont develop stuff for us in the future.

Its about time the goverment just banned all cheap chinese copies and looked after our own industry across the board, might go along way to helping this country out of the mess its in. But then again they'd rather just keep giving money to the banksters :stupid:

Offline Poverty

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 36
  • -Receive: 21
« Reply #61 on: July 29, 2012, 06:10:13 pm »
buying these instead of from the likes of forge, apr etc is just sh*ttin on our own industry. At this rate if the likes of forge no longer make money because some company decided to copy their design and produce a lesser quality product, they wont develop stuff for us in the future.

Its about time the goverment just banned all cheap chinese copies and looked after our own industry across the board, might go along way to helping this country out of the mess its in. But then again they'd rather just keep giving money to the banksters :stupid:

Agree 100%

Less focus on those city wankers and back onto manufacturing and engineering. If we would have continued this route we would have had a strong economy currently like the germans!

Offline GTI Osprey

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 4
« Reply #62 on: July 29, 2012, 08:01:50 pm »
A few points in my humble opinion;
1. I absolutely agree we should protect the investment that companies make in new ideas / designs etc but that does mean we would be paying more to some countries - but then others would be paying us for the privilege. There is another way of thinking about this; rather than whingeing about theft of ideas (which has been going on since the dawn of time) just build better or price-match the fakes out of business - its what the film industry are doing with with on-line digital films.
2. Forge don't offer a replacement i/c - or at least I couldn't find one on their website or from their dealers - only the twintercooler. THS decided to close for business when I needed the replacement and I'm not paying £900 for something that at £500 is [arguably] over-specified for my needs anyway.
3. Apart from the issues I mentioned previously the quality of the core  and actual welding is very good - and appears british
4. I've now had the Stg 2 engine and Stg 1 DSG  fitted - wow its like having a new car! Chuffed to bits.

Offline mdmay

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 38
  • -Receive: 14
    • Email
Re: Re: airtec intercooler same as forge only cheaper
« Reply #63 on: July 29, 2012, 09:10:37 pm »
Sorry lads but these are from an Essex company

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
Regards,

Mike

Offline muckipup

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 13
  • -Receive: 25
« Reply #64 on: July 30, 2012, 10:13:14 am »
MuckyPup - these photos are of the "secondary" IC that works a bit like the Forge Twintercooler and assumes you've got a working standard IC ... I had the full replacement fitted

Ah, I thought we were talking about the Airtec secondary cooler given the link in the OP