Make a donation

Author Topic: Another MASSIVE big up the the BCS boys!  (Read 6782 times)

Offline Shorty

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 24
    • Email
Another MASSIVE big up the the BCS boys!
« on: April 06, 2012, 08:28:46 pm »
Well after what seemed like months of waiting, i finally got my exhaust fitted today by the boys at BCS. I had to wait for the new 80mm tips to arrive that they have just had finished and then last week Dave fell off his bike and bruised himself big time, ouch!

Even though Dave has been in and out of hospital and in massive pain he still went way out of his way to sort me out and get me sorted, so just wanted to say thanks.  :happy2:

Anyone who is thinking of having a BCS exhaust fitted then get it done, the quality is unreal. I've had a 3" turbo back de cat done on my ED30 with 2 boxes and their new twin 80mm exhaust tip set up theyre doing for mk5's and it sounds so good, mooching round slow and on the motorway its literally no louder than standard but when your on it the sound is awesome, DSG pops sound properly good now!

So yeah, cheers Dave and the other lads at BCS, i couldn't be happier.  :notworthy:

| Mk7 R |

Vehicle Diagnostics inc VCDS, Vehicle Remapping and any other diagnostics in the North West area, PM me.

Offline R444WRR

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
Re: Another MASSIVE big up the the BCS boys!
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2012, 08:30:53 pm »
Awesome, I've been thinking about getting a full system...

Offline mvb12

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 64
  • VCDS - Adaptations * Coding * Diagnostics PM Me
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2012, 09:35:45 pm »
Those pipes look yummy  :drool:
VCDS HEX NET / VCP / ODIS - COVERING LONDON AND MIDLANDS
VCDS - Adaptations * Coding * Diagnostics PM Me
Canbus Gateway - Supply and fit (Stop battery drain issues)

Offline parks

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 17
  • Red ED30 No. 1778 Detailing World member
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2012, 09:40:49 pm »
Any pics under the car when being fitted?
Standard: Rear parking sensors, Parrot Bluetooth
Retro fitted: MFSW buttons, RCD510, Boot pop, Black Monza II, Xenons, Audi jacking points, open fog light grills.

Offline Shorty

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2012, 10:15:36 pm »
Any pics under the car when being fitted?

I'll try and get some over the weekend mate, the fabrication work and welds and really really good, i had the downpipe wrapped too. Proper neat job.  :notworthy:
| Mk7 R |

Vehicle Diagnostics inc VCDS, Vehicle Remapping and any other diagnostics in the North West area, PM me.

Offline muckipup

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 13
  • -Receive: 25
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2012, 01:09:35 am »
I am hearing a lot of good things. Would love to talk to Nige as I have a need for a TBE (and/or a Mk6 equiv) in a few weeks and am not understanding the options or why 'valvetech' is available on one or other

Offline craigy123

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 24
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2012, 07:54:27 am »
My downpipe was awesome. Great build quality!!

PM for details

Offline 56OctyVRS

• Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 72
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2012, 04:19:47 pm »
I am hearing a lot of good things. Would love to talk to Nige as I have a need for a TBE (and/or a Mk6 equiv) in a few weeks and am not understanding the options or why 'valvetech' is available on one or other

BCS are still building there exhaust range and the Octy is a recent addition. Mine was the first Octy to have one but I really dont see the need for the valvetronic kit. My exhaust isnt loud when driving normally and is very nice to hear it in the background. When the throttle is pressed then it comes to life. I think people buy aftermarket exhausts for the performance and to an extent the added aural pleasure they provide. My car sounds much nicer than my neighbours 2010 911 carrera 2 3.6l. If noise is an issue they make a system which is quiter than the standard system fitted to the car.
Frozen White Ford Focus 1.6 Ecoboost Titanium.
Mods so far - Superchips Bluefin, High Flow Air Box

Offline Tamiyoman

• Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 39
  • Prev car - Candy DSG ED30 No. 2235
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2012, 07:15:50 pm »
Tha main benefit of the valvetronic exhaust was it very quiet pootling around but then wakes up and growls on boost, its what im saving for currently  :happy2:
MK7 Golf R, Pure White 3Dr DSG, Had since 10/06/14

Offline Shorty

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2012, 10:01:17 am »

BCS are still building there exhaust range and the Octy is a recent addition. Mine was the first Octy to have one but I really dont see the need for the valvetronic kit. My exhaust isnt loud when driving normally and is very nice to hear it in the background. When the throttle is pressed then it comes to life. I think people buy aftermarket exhausts for the performance and to an extent the added aural pleasure they provide. My car sounds much nicer than my neighbours 2010 911 carrera 2 3.6l. If noise is an issue they make a system which is quiter than the standard system fitted to the car.

Yeah i dont see why people would want a valvetronic, unless they want it super silent. Done some more driving in mine yesterday and hunted some tunnels out, it does sound so good. Just need to get it mapped now so it proper barks on boost.
| Mk7 R |

Offline Frodo-anni

• Thank You
  • -Given: 14
  • -Receive: 45
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2012, 10:20:34 pm »
 :love:
mk4 Anniversary pd No0341 - Sold
mk5 GTI Edition 30 DSG No0391

Offline tony_danza

• Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 112
  • The voice of objective reason, but mine's best.
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2012, 10:31:44 pm »

My car sounds much nicer than my neighbours 2010 911 carrera 2 3.6l.....

Whilst I don't doubt your enthusiasm, it really doesn't. No matter what you've had done.

Valved 'zorsts are handy, mine has one as stock and whilst it doesn't wake my neighbours at 5am when I get called out, it sings down the back lanes once I've the freedom to let it.
Sideways yo!

Offline edd666999

• Thank You
  • -Given: 24
  • -Receive: 89
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2012, 10:54:51 pm »

My car sounds much nicer than my neighbours 2010 911 carrera 2 3.6l.....

Whilst I don't doubt your enthusiasm, it really doesn't. No matter what you've had done.

Valved 'zorsts are handy, mine has one as stock and whilst it doesn't wake my neighbours at 5am when I get called out, it sings down the back lanes once I've the freedom to let it.

i think what sounds better than what is down to the individual, there is no right answer as its an opinion.

Offline Tamiyoman

• Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 39
  • Prev car - Candy DSG ED30 No. 2235
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2012, 12:57:30 am »
Well today I spoke to Dave at BCS and booked my ED30 in for its Valvetech TBE system, earliest opportunity I had to get up north was 5th may so im booked for that day!, can't wait, just got to get the Intake system fitted (Volant from USA) afterwards and then its off to jabba, Shark or R-tech for stage 2 map (Not made up my mind which yet!)  :happy2:
« Last Edit: April 17, 2012, 09:46:56 am by Tamiyoman »
MK7 Golf R, Pure White 3Dr DSG, Had since 10/06/14

Offline 56OctyVRS

• Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 72
« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2012, 03:23:52 am »
Nice one. Id happily recommend each of the tuners you stated as they have all done work on my cars and all have been to a very high degree of workmanship. Id prob go the closest one to you, mainly for any after sales service you may require in the future. Though BCS do Giac maps and they have a good write up.
Frozen White Ford Focus 1.6 Ecoboost Titanium.
Mods so far - Superchips Bluefin, High Flow Air Box