Make a donation

Author Topic: Where's Poverty??  (Read 10729 times)

Offline chungster

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 33
Re: Where's Poverty??
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2012, 09:56:30 am »
He's been busy on this thread though over on SCN!

http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=348533

Offline andrewparker

• Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 78
« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2012, 10:14:37 am »
I don't understand why he always seems to be chasing bigger and bigger BHP figures. Does it make a car faster? Yes. Does it make it better to drive? I'd probably say the opposite. It makes me think he doesn't really understand what a good car is...

All this talk of 650 BHP 911s and 1000+ BHP GTRs, well it's all a bit boring if you ask me.

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2012, 10:50:17 am »

I don't understand why he always seems to be chasing bigger and bigger BHP figures. Does it make a car faster? Yes. Does it make it better to drive? I'd probably say the opposite. It makes me think he doesn't really understand what a good car is...

All this talk of 650 BHP 911s and 1000+ BHP GTRs, well it's all a bit boring if you ask me.

....I've never met the guy but I'm thinking he may be a bit young and feels he needs to seek attention. Is he too embarassed to continue posting here?

As you suggest, Andrew, the key to successful modding is to know the limits and work within them leaving some headroom tolerance. Even full-on race cars need some headroom if the race is long, and fast road use is never a short journey.

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline Jussa

• Thank You
  • -Given: 23
  • -Receive: 12
  • Bicester
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2012, 11:20:12 am »
He made a mess of his car ie blew the gearbox up so has not posted on the site since he did that

What mods did he do to blow up his gerabox and engine???   :confused:
Doesn't he just have a Audi TTRS at stage 2?
2010 3dr phantom black S-Tronic S3 - BCS TBE with 3½" DP - LOBA LO4xx turbo - LOBA HPFP - Revo CAI - H&R 25mm lowering springs - Forge 11mm spacers - RS4 fuel Pressure valve - THS intercooler - H&R front and rear ARB's - AEM water methanol injection

Offline chungster

• Thank You
« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2012, 11:27:54 am »
He made a mess of his car ie blew the gearbox up so has not posted on the site since he did that

He was at Santa Pod. Selected 1st gear instead of 3rd with the car at full pelt in 2nd.

Offline vRStu

• Thank You
  • -Given: 90
  • -Receive: 159
    • Octavia-vRS Information Resource
« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2012, 11:32:53 am »
So has he toasted the box and the engine?
Stu...

Quartz Grey Audi A4 3.0 TDi S-Line Quattro, 7 Speed S-Tronic, 19" Twin Spoke Alloys, Alcantara Upholstery with Silver Stitching and Heating, Sat Nav High, B & O Sound, Audi Music Interface, DAB Radio, Parking Advanced with Rear View Camera, Advanced Keyless Entry, LED Interior Light Pack, Hill Hold Assist, Heated and Electrically Folding Mirrors, Through Load.

RNS510 Video in Motion unlocking, PIN recovery & DVD Region Free available

Offline chungster

• Thank You
« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2012, 11:35:14 am »
So has he toasted the box and the engine?

He's mentioned finding a donor car with box on SCN but dunno bout the engine

Offline sub39h

• Thank You
  • -Given: 189
  • -Receive: 84
« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2012, 11:38:28 am »

Clarkson wrote about this once - he said the absolute limit for a road car is about 600bhp. Beyond that you need to be spending serious development money getting the car right (i.e. Bugatti Veyron). This was one of the reasons he didn't like the GTO. Clarkson may be a prat but I can see where he's coming from.

So if Ferrari can't make a good road car with 600bhp+ I doubt a man in a tuning shop can make a good 600bhp+ road car out of a car that was designed to make half of that. That's why I think modding should be a restrained exercise, not "more is better".

He was at Santa Pod. Selected 1st gear instead of 3rd with the car at full pelt in 2nd.

Should have got DSG. Sorry, couldn't resist! I do wish him well tho and hope it gets sorted.
2006 Phantom Black A3 2.0T S-Line
DSG | Rear Parking Sensors | MFSW | BOSE | Auto lights/wipers | Half leather
MODS : '09 tail lights | TT vents | Bilstein B14 | RNS-E 2010 | AMI | AKS Tuning custom CAI | Titanium BBS VZs | NQS BBK | WALK | Autotech RARB | Bluemotion aero | Blueflame TBE | Autotech HPFP | MY11 Wing Mirrors | Bluetooth | S3 Intercooler
PLANS: Stage 2+

Offline vRStu

• Thank You
  • -Given: 90
  • -Receive: 159
    • Octavia-vRS Information Resource
« Reply #23 on: April 08, 2012, 11:39:46 am »
I think Jonny C's car had to have a new box at some stage too.
Stu...

Quartz Grey Audi A4 3.0 TDi S-Line Quattro, 7 Speed S-Tronic, 19" Twin Spoke Alloys, Alcantara Upholstery with Silver Stitching and Heating, Sat Nav High, B & O Sound, Audi Music Interface, DAB Radio, Parking Advanced with Rear View Camera, Advanced Keyless Entry, LED Interior Light Pack, Hill Hold Assist, Heated and Electrically Folding Mirrors, Through Load.

RNS510 Video in Motion unlocking, PIN recovery & DVD Region Free available

Offline Jussa

• Thank You
  • -Given: 23
  • -Receive: 12
  • Bicester
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: April 08, 2012, 11:40:19 am »

How the hell did he do that  :stupid:
He must have hit it into 1st with a hammer  :scared:
2010 3dr phantom black S-Tronic S3 - BCS TBE with 3½" DP - LOBA LO4xx turbo - LOBA HPFP - Revo CAI - H&R 25mm lowering springs - Forge 11mm spacers - RS4 fuel Pressure valve - THS intercooler - H&R front and rear ARB's - AEM water methanol injection

Offline rich83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 802
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=mnnh0pins79bkqd8ocontt89q5&/topic,19740.0.html
« Reply #25 on: April 08, 2012, 12:20:54 pm »
I think if I had spunked a ton of money on a TTRS and a bunch on mods... And then blown the engine and gearbox up, I think I would be crying into my foie gras and swan salad!

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #26 on: April 08, 2012, 12:52:53 pm »

I think if I had spunked a ton of money on a TTRS and a bunch on mods... And then blown the engine and gearbox up, I think I would be crying into my foie gras and swan salad!

....And surely one of your tasty Scotch Eggs would be included!

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline vRS Carl

• Thank You
  • -Given: 282
  • -Receive: 240
  • I'm the F.A.G (Forum Apple Guru)
« Reply #27 on: April 08, 2012, 01:42:36 pm »
I thought going into 1st instead of 3rd at full pelt would be ok :confused: They do it no problem on The Fast and The Furious. Maybe he should have bought Japanese  :grin: :evilgrin:

Seriously though for what it will cost to fix he may as well buy a new car. Shame that Awesome don't still have that RS3 engine. Would have saved him a whole heap of work.

Offline rich83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 802
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=mnnh0pins79bkqd8ocontt89q5&/topic,19740.0.html
« Reply #28 on: April 08, 2012, 01:50:20 pm »
Theres an rs3 going for 13k at the moment, front end offside damage. Engine looks ok tho. :-)

Offline MAT ED30

• Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 82
  • Vwr fan boy
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: April 08, 2012, 02:05:57 pm »
To be honest he goes on and on about his mates and how good of a driver he is on this forum well its no mystery why he has been away
« Last Edit: April 08, 2012, 02:07:33 pm by MAT ED30 »

Mods yes but way too many to stick in this little box