Make a donation

Author Topic: Can you all do me a favour? Just a small easy one....  (Read 3536 times)

Offline CarrG

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 17
Re: Can you all do me a favour? Just a small easy one....
« Reply #30 on: April 09, 2012, 10:12:41 pm »
Cheers VC  :grouphug:
K1 Revo 2+
Ibis RS3
VW California 180 DSG "Candy"!

Offline Tfsi_Mike

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 241
  • -Receive: 309
  • Go Large or Go Home
    • Tfsi Mikes Money Pit AKS / TTE / RTech St2+ Cupra
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,32721.msg402587.html#msg402587
« Reply #31 on: April 09, 2012, 11:47:55 pm »
A thoughtful reminder to everyone VC   :congrats:

Have a Fire Prevention Officer speak to us after my mum had a small chip pan fire at her house (she was fine) and after the horror stories he told us we now have proper detectors in EVERY room (especially the bedrooms), and yes they are checked. The Officer told us bedrooms are usually over looked for placing detector but as he put it "you wouldn't want your kids bedroom filling up with smoke and the first thing you know about it is when the detector all the way in the hall goes off because by then it may be too late for them", chilling!

Oh and plan your escape route incase of fire. My family know what to do regarding windows (ie if you have UPVC windows, some don't open fully so not enough room to get out, they may be a special latch. Do your kids (or even you) have a torch by the bedside, in a fire you power will probably go out) and even in your own house may be disorientated.

I hope you and yours were all ok VC.
 :happy2:

simple but very good points  :happy2: :happy2:

Offline john87

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 53
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: April 10, 2012, 09:53:39 am »
Strathclyde fire service came to our house last year and fitted four smoke alarms FOC in critical areas, which featured 10 year batteries. This allowed us to move all of our pre-existing smoke alarms to other areas of the home which we had previously thought not critical, but yes it does make sense to get as much warning as possible!
VCDS Hex-USB +CAN (Central Scotland)

Offline Jaywoo-GTI

• Thank You
  • -Given: 38
  • -Receive: 34
« Reply #33 on: April 10, 2012, 12:02:08 pm »
Mine works, Set it off on saturday night cooking/burning our dinner.  :ashamed:

Offline E30Dom

• Thank You
  • -Given: 42
  • -Receive: 76
« Reply #34 on: April 12, 2012, 11:15:21 am »
Road to work closed yesterday because of a house fire... was a sorry sight to see this morning, all black and no roof, windows all out...

Reports say they had smoke detectors, but weren't working... They had to jump from a 1st floor window... :surprised:

As VC says check 'em!
Diesel Daily Hack.