Make a donation

Author Topic: Electric Folding Mirrors - Close when locking  (Read 1429 times)

Offline Rich

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 8
  • Buy Land, They Don't Make It Anymore
    • Carpet Underlay
    • Email
Electric Folding Mirrors - Close when locking
« on: May 10, 2009, 09:46:49 pm »
Hi,

I have eletrical turning mirrors - can turn the small round knob to turn them in but how do make them turn in once locking the car ?

I'd really like to do this because when i park at work... people have to walk past my car which is near a wall and my old golf mk5 had non electrical mirrors. People used to push them in without asking me !!! - but was ok because they werent eletrical. :surprised:

I'm worried because these are eletrical and if they try pushing these in, they'll break them !!!  :scared: :scared:

A mate told me it was a trip to the stealers to get it programmed.

Another Q. - My rain sensor is kinda crap - he also told me to get that powered up via the stealers.

Your thoughts brothers please  :happy2: :drinking:
~ Golf MK5 Pirelli ~ 36k Miles and continuing!

Offline bacillus

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 451
Re: Electric Folding Mirrors - Close when locking
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2009, 11:32:27 pm »
You have to use the internal knob :wink: to fold the mirrors. Once locked, you can't fold them electrically from the outside.

Why symptoms does your rain sensor display?
Without traction power is nothing!

Offline neg

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 7
  • gone old skool
Re: Electric Folding Mirrors - Close when locking
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2009, 11:51:55 pm »
Manually folding the mirrors shouldnt cause a problem if they are left out - just try not to electrically adjust them back from a opposite manual positision if you know what I mean.

As for the rain sensor, doubt the dealer can do anything.  Do you have the sensetivity lever on the top of the wiper arm?  have you tried cleaning the sensor section of the screen - if its greased up this can cause odd behaviour.