Make a donation

Author Topic: MK7 GTI and MK7 Golf RS  (Read 12760 times)

Offline Mk5 GTian

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 37
  • Wolfsburg - Probably the Best Cars in the World
Re: MK7 GTI and MK7 Golf RS
« Reply #45 on: April 11, 2012, 05:10:36 pm »
What am I going to do if they offer it in red and call it an RR !? :grin:

You'll have to buy one!

Fun Golf: 2016 mk7 R DSG 3 door. Work Golf: 2015 mk7 1.4 TSI GT ACT 5 door.
Gone but not forgotten : mk2 Golf GTI 16v, mk4 Golf V6 4Motion, mk5 GTI Storm Developments Stage 1, mk5 GTI Revo Stage 1, BMW 330ci, Skoda Octavia VRS Revo Stage 2, BMW Z4 Sdrive35i.

Offline Richn83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 49
  • -Receive: 85
« Reply #46 on: April 11, 2012, 08:50:42 pm »
I don't think a bluemotion gti is all that strange, a number of people including myself have fitted the blue motion body panels to the underside of the car and as long as the stop start can be deactivated (which it will with a dsg) then I see no reason not to have those technologies on a gti with the exception of the low rolling resistance tyres, but it will all add up to lower co2 emissions so lower car tax potentially and better mpg for when you need it.

Its also a subjective view but another reason to smooth the underside of the car is speed up air flow so less lift from high air pressure and a more stable and planted car at speed (no im not suggesting down force just less lift)

My choice would be gti with 7 speed dsg the mechanical diff and blue motion, with adaptive chassis control which will hopefully be the more sophisticated version with throttle map steering and suspension control.  :evilgrin:

5Dr Black GTI, DSG, Leather, Xenons. Retrofitted - Cruise, RNS 510, MFSW, Armrest, Skoda BT, 6cd changer, Monza II's, VW speaker upgrade kit, Lux pack, High-line, new CAN gateway, Polar FIS info display, R32 tinted rear lights, RVC

To Come...NQSBBK, highline CCM.

Offline andrewparker

• Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 78
« Reply #47 on: April 11, 2012, 08:54:43 pm »
I don't know why so many people disagree with the stop/start technology. It's hardly intrusive, you either use it or you don't.

Offline Richn83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 49
  • -Receive: 85
« Reply #48 on: April 11, 2012, 09:17:50 pm »
I've not used it but i don't like the idea I think everything else is great tech, better aero smarter charging disconnecting alternator more efficient engines and 7 spd for over drive gear for motorway.  My understanding of the stop start you have to manually deactivate it every time before you start, what I would rather is switch it on when in very heavy traffic not normal day to day driving, its not much of a worry as i would only have a dsg which I don't think it can support yet.

5Dr Black GTI, DSG, Leather, Xenons. Retrofitted - Cruise, RNS 510, MFSW, Armrest, Skoda BT, 6cd changer, Monza II's, VW speaker upgrade kit, Lux pack, High-line, new CAN gateway, Polar FIS info display, R32 tinted rear lights, RVC

To Come...NQSBBK, highline CCM.

Offline andrewparker

• Thank You
« Reply #49 on: April 11, 2012, 09:51:02 pm »
It only works when you come to a complete halt and take the car out of gear. I never do that, even in heavy traffic I'll sit with the clutch in, with the car in first gear.

Offline stealthwolf

• Thank You
  • -Given: 306
  • -Receive: 291
  • ED30 No.1412
    • Email
« Reply #50 on: April 11, 2012, 10:03:11 pm »
Won't that just knacker the clutch?

The GTI isn't just a machine. It's very much a living, breathing thing.

Offline andrewparker

• Thank You
« Reply #51 on: April 11, 2012, 10:23:56 pm »
Won't that just knacker the clutch?

Why?

Offline simonp

• Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 38
  • No longer a Golfer
« Reply #52 on: April 11, 2012, 10:30:24 pm »
Auto drivers, eh?!!

Offline andrewparker

• Thank You
« Reply #53 on: April 11, 2012, 10:56:58 pm »
By the way, I'm not suggesting I sit at traffic lights with the clutch depressed, just that in stop/start traffic I don't continually put the car in and out of gear.