Make a donation

Author Topic: Erisin head units  (Read 9085 times)

Offline fliprio

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
Erisin head units
« on: April 10, 2012, 11:39:20 pm »
Hi all, im new to the forum having just got myself a 2006 GTi :-)

First thing that needs changing is the headunit, its got an ipod lead, but its useless and only lets you play a playlist, it doesnt seem to give full control.

I have see a number of Erisin head units on Ebay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Erisin-ES786GBP-7-HD-3D-Car-DVD-Player-Sat-Nav-PiP-for-VW-2G-UK-Seller-/170817696594

Has anyone any experience of these?  too good to be true?  it looks slightly more OEM than the Kenwood/Alpine options and cheaper than the VW upgrade options.

Offline MrP

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
Re: Erisin head units
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2012, 10:51:46 am »
no knowledge of them myself, but i would be interested to hear anyone elses opinion of them, esp of the sound quality and useability.

while they seem to pack alot of features in, i'm more than a little suspicious of them.

Offline nezquick

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 33
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2012, 10:59:02 am »
Looks like a chinese copy of the RNS, you might as well save up a little and by a pioneer or OEM RNS unit to be honest

Offline fliprio

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2012, 07:14:23 pm »
Looks like a chinese copy of the RNS, you might as well save up a little and by a pioneer or OEM RNS unit to be honest

Arent the RNS units £500+?  bit beyond my budget, but wanted something that looked a bit more OEM than the normal double Din head units

Offline jameelno1

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 8
  • TDI Power
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2012, 08:18:35 pm »
ive got one they are pretty good in features but sound isnt the greatest but works perfectly plus u can haggle with the prices expect to wait up to 2 weeks for it to arrive
golf mk5 1.9 tdi

Offline fliprio

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2012, 09:20:37 pm »
ive got one they are pretty good in features but sound isnt the greatest but works perfectly plus u can haggle with the prices expect to wait up to 2 weeks for it to arrive

Is the sound any worse than the standard head unit?  Satnav work ok without crashing?  I wasnt keen on the built in MIC, can people hear you ok through the handsfree?

put up some pictures if you have any

Offline jameelno1

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • TDI Power
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2012, 10:04:07 pm »
ive had mine for over a year now sound is better than standard, satnav is fine never crashed also the handsfree works brilliantly

bad points satnav can get annoying muting it will mute the music aswel, aftermarket headunit such as pioneer u can mess with equalizer settings the erisin only has preset ones
freeview only works when stationery but only in high areas works wonders otherwise

good points wiring is a doddle straight fit u also have all the rca ports for aftermarket speakers, subwoofer, you can connect iphone 4s to it via bluetooth and play music through blutooth no need of the ipod cable doesnt supports iphone from 3gs onward but does charge them up

the one in your link is the latest model so should technically be better but idk
mine is the old interface so i slightly different but has everything the same apart from the canbus kit as before they only sold them separately

personally id go for pioneer or alpine better sound quality but feature wise this does the job fine
ill get sum pics up by the weekend

« Last Edit: April 11, 2012, 10:05:49 pm by jameelno1 »
golf mk5 1.9 tdi

Offline nezquick

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 33
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2012, 12:18:45 am »
hmmm in that case might be worth it, looks oem. my general opinion of these ebay copies is you get what you pay for (and iv learnt the hard way) big brand stuff like alpine and pioneer will always lead with sound quality and pioneer satnav (they use naigate) buuuutt for sub 300 and people are backing it it might not be so bad.

you can pick up some nice pioneer second hand for the same price with oem fitting and coloured buttons (red)

just have a look around do some research and play the patience game - a bargain will always pop up with regards to pioneer..

i think theres a nice double din alpine in the for sale section at a good price!

Offline jameelno1

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • TDI Power
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2012, 04:02:59 pm »
here are sum videos of a similar model to mine ill get sum of mine on later having trouble uploading

golf mk5 1.9 tdi

Offline fliprio

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2012, 09:06:27 pm »
here are sum videos of a similar model to mine ill get sum of mine on later having trouble uploading

Cheers for those, gives me a bit of an idea what its like, seems to do lots of stuff for the cash.

I take it the GPS aerial just tucks in behind the unit somehow?

Offline jameelno1

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • TDI Power
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2012, 11:04:42 pm »
up to you where u want to put the gps reciever mine in in the glove box
golf mk5 1.9 tdi