Make a donation

Author Topic: RNS510 auxiliary input in armrest not working  (Read 2656 times)

Offline wingnutLP

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 1
RNS510 auxiliary input in armrest not working
« on: April 14, 2012, 10:30:29 am »
Hi all, I have an rns510 which was installed from new. I had never to use the aux input in the armrest until recently but it seems to be dead. There is a socket for a standard 3.5mm face marked aux in the centre armrest but when you plug something in and switch the head unit to aux nothing happens. Any ideas??

I would like to get spotify running in the car hence the new interest in getting the input working...

Thanks

Offline SteveP

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 117
  • -Receive: 340
    • My Project
Re: RNS510 auxiliary input in armrest not working
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2012, 10:49:27 am »
It should just work, have you checked the output volume of the device your plugging in?

Offline wingnutLP

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 1
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2012, 05:14:29 pm »
Nope, I have just double checked with two devices and tested the cable and no joy. I have had the head unit out to fit Bluetooth but I am sure I plugged it all back in.

Would the aux port always be fitted or is it an optional extra?

Offline SteveP

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 117
  • -Receive: 340
    • My Project
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2012, 06:49:51 pm »
It was fitted with some of the later head units, and connects to the head unit via the additional connectors in the bottom of the Quadlock connector.

Did you move the blue connector forward from the original wiring to the new bluetooth loom (if you fitted a plug a play bluetooth loom)?

Offline welikeaps

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 22
  • -Receive: 15
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2012, 07:46:17 pm »
Hi all, I have an rns510 which was installed from new. I had never to use the aux input in the armrest until recently but it seems to be dead. There is a socket for a standard 3.5mm face marked aux in the centre armrest but when you plug something in and switch the head unit to aux nothing happens. Any ideas??

I would like to get spotify running in the car hence the new interest in getting the input working...

Thanks

Have you tried switching the AUX on from the menu in the RNS.