Make a donation

Author Topic: Some people are just complete and utter C0cks!!  (Read 5003 times)

Offline vRStu

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 90
  • -Receive: 159
    • Octavia-vRS Information Resource
Some people are just complete and utter C0cks!!
« on: April 18, 2012, 01:59:48 pm »
Chris Evans sponsored Car Fest tickets went on sale this morning at 8am and by 0805 they were all sold out.  I managed to get mine but I've got friends who simply couldn't get in because of demand.

Then you see sh1t like this -

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CarFest-Tickets-2-x-Adults-Saturday-25-August-/320890672079?pt=UK_Tickets_Tickets_LE&hash=item4ab69313cf#ht_500wt_1156

Face value of £120 plus £2 booking fee and he wants £320!!  Ok so he says he'll donate to charity but their really is no need.

I hope that the organisers take steps to prevent this.
Stu...

Quartz Grey Audi A4 3.0 TDi S-Line Quattro, 7 Speed S-Tronic, 19" Twin Spoke Alloys, Alcantara Upholstery with Silver Stitching and Heating, Sat Nav High, B & O Sound, Audi Music Interface, DAB Radio, Parking Advanced with Rear View Camera, Advanced Keyless Entry, LED Interior Light Pack, Hill Hold Assist, Heated and Electrically Folding Mirrors, Through Load.

RNS510 Video in Motion unlocking, PIN recovery & DVD Region Free available

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
Re: Some people are just complete and utter C0cks!!
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2012, 02:30:12 pm »
^^^^
Looks like someone has already taken steps to prevent this. Tickets are "no longer available" on The Devil's Junkyard aka fleeBay.

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline sub39h

• Thank You
  • -Given: 189
  • -Receive: 84
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2012, 02:33:09 pm »
Chris Evans sponsored Car Fest tickets went on sale this morning at 8am and by 0805 they were all sold out.  I managed to get mine but I've got friends who simply couldn't get in because of demand.

Then you see sh1t like this -

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CarFest-Tickets-2-x-Adults-Saturday-25-August-/320890672079?pt=UK_Tickets_Tickets_LE&hash=item4ab69313cf#ht_500wt_1156

Face value of £120 plus £2 booking fee and he wants £320!!  Ok so he says he'll donate to charity but their really is no need.

I hope that the organisers take steps to prevent this.

It annoys me too. Recently paid 2x what I should have done for wireless festival tickets - but they're not breaking the law so if they wanna make money from it that really is up to them! If you had a chance to make £200 just from staying on the phone and posting a link on eBay you probably would too
2006 Phantom Black A3 2.0T S-Line
DSG | Rear Parking Sensors | MFSW | BOSE | Auto lights/wipers | Half leather
MODS : '09 tail lights | TT vents | Bilstein B14 | RNS-E 2010 | AMI | AKS Tuning custom CAI | Titanium BBS VZs | NQS BBK | WALK | Autotech RARB | Bluemotion aero | Blueflame TBE | Autotech HPFP | MY11 Wing Mirrors | Bluetooth | S3 Intercooler
PLANS: Stage 2+

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2012, 02:36:56 pm »

It annoys me too. Recently paid 2x what I should have done for wireless festival tickets - but they're not breaking the law so if they wanna make money from it that really is up to them! If you had a chance to make £200 just from staying on the phone and posting a link on eBay you probably would too

....Well, I can put my hand on my heart and say actually no - I'm simply not that kind of person who likes to selfishly take advantage of others.

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline vRStu

• Thank You
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2012, 02:38:31 pm »
He's probably had an outside of the auction offer or something Robin.

I agree with Robin about profiteering.  It was obvious that theses tickets were going to be popular so all they've done is prevent a genuinely interested person going.

I hope they lose their money.
Stu...

Quartz Grey Audi A4 3.0 TDi S-Line Quattro, 7 Speed S-Tronic, 19" Twin Spoke Alloys, Alcantara Upholstery with Silver Stitching and Heating, Sat Nav High, B & O Sound, Audi Music Interface, DAB Radio, Parking Advanced with Rear View Camera, Advanced Keyless Entry, LED Interior Light Pack, Hill Hold Assist, Heated and Electrically Folding Mirrors, Through Load.

Offline MC71

• Thank You
  • -Given: 413
  • -Receive: 427
  • Mk7 R
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,113185.0.html
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2012, 02:59:07 pm »
This is a real SOAP BOX bug bear of mine! Spent hours on line last year for Take That tickets for a surprise for my daughter (yes, i was going as well) and was unlucky. Went onto ebay and people were selling the same tickets (good seats) for upto 10 times face value, a massive £800 EACH.
I think Glastonbury issued tickets with your ID on, could be wrong. Seems like a good idea, if your ID does not match what is on the ticket when issued then it should be no way jose!
 :happy2:

Build thread Stage 2+ Edition 30 ~~Clicky here~~

Offline Tamiyoman

• Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 39
  • Prev car - Candy DSG ED30 No. 2235
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2012, 03:55:20 pm »
This is a real SOAP BOX bug bear of mine! Spent hours on line last year for Take That tickets for a surprise for my daughter (yes, i was going as well) and was unlucky. Went onto ebay and people were selling the same tickets (good seats) for upto 10 times face value, a massive £800 EACH.
I think Glastonbury issued tickets with your ID on, could be wrong. Seems like a good idea, if your ID does not match what is on the ticket when issued then it should be no way jose!

I think all tickets should be issued with your name on them and preferably a picture, and written terms on the back stating NOT TO BE RE-SOLD, if your face dont match the picture your not getting in!!, I tried getting tickets for my mum and aunt for Take That and although I was logged on inside 10 mins they sold out, then surprise they were on ebay.

MK7 Golf R, Pure White 3Dr DSG, Had since 10/06/14

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2012, 04:05:37 pm »

....Yes, Glastonbury tickets have a very high level of security. They arrived by courier for my daughter who was out at the time and I wasn't allowed, even with prooof of being her father, to sign for them.

Offline vRS Carl

• Thank You
  • -Given: 282
  • -Receive: 240
  • I'm the F.A.G (Forum Apple Guru)
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2012, 04:11:01 pm »
All i can say is Cnuts :fighting:

Offline VC

• Thank You
  • -Given: 80
  • -Receive: 93
    • Very Cherry Stickers and Decals
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2012, 04:51:06 pm »
I go to alot of gigs each year and to be honest alot of venues are slowly changing the way they do things, take the eden project for example - i'm seeing Plan B in June and Chase and Status in July and the tickets have the card number they were paid for on them. When you arrive (if requested) you have to show the card with the ticket or you dont get in - which is a really cheap and easy way of securing the ID.

Ive spent my fair share of time hanging around on phones for the bigger tickets like Foo Fighters etc etc and now i use fast track systems where you pay to buy pre public release, eg chase and status tickets dont go on sale to the general public for another 2 weeks yet i bought mine today  :innocent:

alot less hassle

Offline MC71

• Thank You
  • Mk7 R
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2012, 05:20:44 pm »
I go to alot of gigs each year and to be honest alot of venues are slowly changing the way they do things, take the eden project for example - i'm seeing Plan B in June and Chase and Status in July and the tickets have the card number they were paid for on them. When you arrive (if requested) you have to show the card with the ticket or you dont get in - which is a really cheap and easy way of securing the ID.

Ive spent my fair share of time hanging around on phones for the bigger tickets like Foo Fighters etc etc and now i use fast track systems where you pay to buy pre public release, eg chase and status tickets dont go on sale to the general public for another 2 weeks yet i bought mine today  :innocent:

alot less hassle

What's the fast track system you mention VC? How are you able to get pre release tickets, are they available for Joe public?

Offline VC

• Thank You
  • -Given: 80
  • -Receive: 93
    • Very Cherry Stickers and Decals
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2012, 05:29:24 pm »

alot less hassle

What's the fast track system you mention VC? How are you able to get pre release tickets, are they available for Joe public?

if you research the venue they often have a "membership" or "friends of" etc etc

the eden fast track for example costs something like £25 per year and ive seen all sorts from basement jax to james morrison, but because it supports the eden project to say thanks they give you first access.

I get two tickets for every event set aside and have 2 weeks to decide if i want them before they go into the pot on general release day

Offline MC71

• Thank You
  • Mk7 R
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2012, 05:30:59 pm »
I seeeeeeee!! Cheers bud.

Offline vRStu

• Thank You
« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2012, 08:20:53 pm »
That's a neat idea.
Stu...

Offline Nodz

• Thank You
  • -Given: 73
  • -Receive: 103
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,29264.0.html
« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2012, 08:27:52 pm »
Im all for this stopping touts but with credit card on the ticket it does make it difficult if you buying for someone else as a present and your not going and a mate buys them off you or you buy for a group of mates but you wont arrive together etc.

The presales are a good idea but you have to pay the yearly fee, some touts even do this now. I think I was in pre sale for either Lee Evans or Foo's at MK Bowl and they was on ebay before that day, they didnt even wait until they went on general sale.

And even ticket places like viagogo are stitch up as its full of touts and even promoters selling tickets. Been cases now of promoters and sites like ticketmaster and live nation doing what touts do. Bloody annoys the hell out of me