Make a donation

Author Topic: Door-Sill Protectors  (Read 4105 times)

Offline Digger3

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 20
  • -Receive: 5
Door-Sill Protectors
« on: April 19, 2012, 10:33:33 pm »
Thinking of getting some door sill-protectors, has anyone tried these from of the bay ??? http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/350391517254?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649#ht_1804wt_1163
3DR GTI, Black Magic, Factory Fitted Winter-Pack, Lux-Pack, Colour-Coded Rear Valance, Otherwise Totally Standard, For Now.....  

Offline laserblue999

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
Re: Door-Sill Protectors
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2012, 11:51:32 pm »
I saw those but the font is wrong and for the mk4, so decided against. Also if I get the seat inlays and footrest I want, its gonna get a bit over -GTI'd if you know what I mean  :smiley:
'05 GTI - laser blue, 5dr, DSG, blue glass, heated leather, highline, cruise, sat nav, 10 speaker stereo,MFSW, xenons, 18" Monza, puddle lights, Ipod, retractable mirrors, factory tints, winter/summer mats, bootmat, luggage net, mudflaps, tailored blinds, x-tec plate leds - always looking for more OEM options.......pretending the pikey paddles are OEM+!!

Offline samdem

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2012, 12:21:52 am »
i was actually planning on getting these exact ones next week.. laserbluee999 you say they won't fit?

Offline Kalpsn2000

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 56
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2012, 10:35:03 am »
I saw those but the font is wrong and for the mk4, so decided against. Also if I get the seat inlays and footrest I want, its gonna get a bit over -GTI'd if you know what I mean  :smiley:

The font is also wrong for the mk5. Should be as per the banner of this forum :wink:
Diamond Black 2007 (56) Golf GTI 3Dr DSG ¦ 18" Monza II's ¦ Cruise control ¦ MFSW ¦ Highline ¦ Rear parking sensors ¦ PDT Stage 1 ¦ Forge Twintake ¦ H&R Sport Springs ¦ NQSBBK ¦ R32 Rear bumper ¦ BCS Powervalve Sports R32 style TBE ¦ Valeo LED Rear Lights ¦ Xenon lights with HID kit ¦ DNX521DAB ¦ 12mm Spacers all round ¦

Offline Kalpsn2000

• Thank You
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2012, 10:53:28 am »

I was thinking the same after getting the inlay and footrest, especially as there is already a GTI banner on the door sill and mat already.

But the inlay and footrest do look the dogs :happy2:

Diamond Black 2007 (56) Golf GTI 3Dr DSG ¦ 18" Monza II's ¦ Cruise control ¦ MFSW ¦ Highline ¦ Rear parking sensors ¦ PDT Stage 1 ¦ Forge Twintake ¦ H&R Sport Springs ¦ NQSBBK ¦ R32 Rear bumper ¦ BCS Powervalve Sports R32 style TBE ¦ Valeo LED Rear Lights ¦ Xenon lights with HID kit ¦ DNX521DAB ¦ 12mm Spacers all round ¦

Offline gulfstream11

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 13
  • -Receive: 19
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2012, 12:49:34 pm »
Howcome you have,nt bolted down the footrest.. If you bought them from me you have a choice of holes or plain for stick down.

Offline mvb12

• Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 64
  • VCDS - Adaptations * Coding * Diagnostics PM Me
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2012, 01:03:11 pm »
Howcome you have,nt bolted down the footrest.. If you bought them from me you have a choice of holes or plain for stick down.

Funny you should say that i sent you a message about the non drilled type on the GB section.

you have PM
VCDS HEX NET / VCP / ODIS - COVERING LONDON AND MIDLANDS
VCDS - Adaptations * Coding * Diagnostics PM Me
Canbus Gateway - Supply and fit (Stop battery drain issues)

Offline Kalpsn2000

• Thank You
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2012, 01:06:45 pm »

I was planning on doing that (reason I ordered the one with holes) but wasn't able to remove the footrest from the car :ashamed:

I couldn't remove the screw on the side of the footrest. Will give it another go when I get a chance.

EDIT:
Although I have found it is solid with double sided tape anyway :happy2:
« Last Edit: April 20, 2012, 01:16:05 pm by Kalpsn2000 »

Offline Yawn

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2012, 05:39:58 pm »

I couldn't remove the screw on the side of the footrest. Will give it another go when I get a chance.

Mine was tight too, ended up just pulling it out. Its only a plastic push in screw anyway.

It will look better once screwed in  :happy2:

Offline Kalpsn2000

• Thank You
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2012, 12:15:00 am »

Mine was tight too, ended up just pulling it out. Its only a plastic push in screw anyway.

It will look better once screwed in  :happy2:

Oh right will give it another go and just pull the screw out this time :happy2:

Offline laserblue999

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2012, 12:23:33 am »
I meant the font was a MK4 font and therefore wrong - should have explained better! :ashamed:

Are the original silver sill covers supposed to say 'GTI' 'cos mine don't say anything?! 
'05 GTI - laser blue, 5dr, DSG, blue glass, heated leather, highline, cruise, sat nav, 10 speaker stereo,MFSW, xenons, 18" Monza, puddle lights, Ipod, retractable mirrors, factory tints, winter/summer mats, bootmat, luggage net, mudflaps, tailored blinds, x-tec plate leds - always looking for more OEM options.......pretending the pikey paddles are OEM+!!

Offline Digger3

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2012, 09:02:53 pm »
I meant the font was a MK4 font and therefore wrong - should have explained better! :ashamed:

Are the original silver sill covers supposed to say 'GTI' 'cos mine don't say anything?! 

Neither do mine...
3DR GTI, Black Magic, Factory Fitted Winter-Pack, Lux-Pack, Colour-Coded Rear Valance, Otherwise Totally Standard, For Now.....  

Offline Kalpsn2000

• Thank You
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2012, 01:36:20 pm »

Neither do mine...

Not sure, maybe the older cars didn't. What reg is yours?

Offline Digger3

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2012, 05:52:42 pm »
Bump.
          Still considering these, Anyone got any pics of them fitted ?

MPS

« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2012, 08:26:55 am »
Mine don't have GTI on them either, just lines. Mines a 55 plate 5 door.