Make a donation

Author Topic: C63 AMG  (Read 12538 times)

Offline JackG

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 33
  • -Receive: 31
  • aint nuttin to it but to do it.
    • Distinct Detailing
C63 AMG
« on: April 25, 2012, 11:04:16 pm »
Again I've fallen for another car....not a GTR this time as it's a no go with costs etc

Merc C63 AMG this time, decent spec ones are 32/37 K at the moment, running costs? Had a word with merc and It was less than I thought, has anyone got any advice and knowledge on them? lots of car for the money, would one have the legs on my 2+ Eddie  :ashamed:
Cheers guys
Jack

www.distinctdetailing.co.uk
visit website for current offers!

Offline sub39h

• Thank You
  • -Given: 189
  • -Receive: 84
Re: C63 AMG
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2012, 11:08:38 pm »
Again I've fallen for another car....not a GTR this time as it's a no go with costs etc

Merc C63 AMG this time, decent spec ones are 32/37 K at the moment, running costs? Had a word with merc and It was less than I thought, has anyone got any advice and knowledge on them? lots of car for the money, would one have the legs on my 2+ Eddie  :ashamed:
Cheers guys
Jack

standard 457bhp? i think it might trounce your Eddy. i dunno if i'd swap tho. noise would be epic, but in the snow even after a mild drizzle they're meant to be totally undriveable
2006 Phantom Black A3 2.0T S-Line
DSG | Rear Parking Sensors | MFSW | BOSE | Auto lights/wipers | Half leather
MODS : '09 tail lights | TT vents | Bilstein B14 | RNS-E 2010 | AMI | AKS Tuning custom CAI | Titanium BBS VZs | NQS BBK | WALK | Autotech RARB | Bluemotion aero | Blueflame TBE | Autotech HPFP | MY11 Wing Mirrors | Bluetooth | S3 Intercooler
PLANS: Stage 2+

R32UK

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2012, 08:32:49 am »
A friend has one and although he states its wild and bags of fun... its just a little too unusable unless the conditions are perfect and even then its a handfull. Noise is immense as expected.... he prefered his m5.  :smiley:

Offline JackG

• Thank You
    • Distinct Detailing
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2012, 09:00:15 am »
I think any car above 350 bhp is a handful tho especially in the wet! M5 is big bucks and running costs of one wouldn't even be funny  :rolleye:

R32UK

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2012, 09:09:37 am »
I think any car above 350 bhp is a handful tho especially in the wet! M5 is big bucks and running costs of one wouldn't even be funny  :rolleye:

very true... his exact words were "do not buy an M5 out of warranty!"

they like to chew up gears and spit them out  :party:

Offline andrewparker

• Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 78
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2012, 10:14:52 am »
As much as I love the C63 I still think I'd buy an M3 over it. £32k buys a very nice one too!

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/3847478.htm

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 113
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2012, 10:17:01 am »
Top gear review is a bit 50/50

The Mercedes C63 AMG is an extreme prejudice answer to BMW’s M3 that leaves all-comers in its substantial wake. You get out of this 456bhp, RWD monster with sweaty palms and a stupid grin on your face, but it’s a bit hardcore for everyday use.

Comfort

The seats are huge batwing-style racy things that are horrible to get into, but once you're there, hug you like a desperate housewife. After that, things get a little less comfy; the engine is super loud (but that's a good thing most of the time), the suspension will blur your vision and there's precious little ‘sneeze factor' in the steering.

Performance

There's nothing like it in this sector. That's one mother of an engine shoehorned into the engine bay of a C-class; 6208cc of V8 with 457bhp and enough torque to pull down cities. You better be in something substantial to beat it in the speed stakes too, because 0-62mph takes just 5.2 seconds and it'll hit the 155mph limiter hard and quickly. And then there's the noise...

Cool

Self-flagellation is extremely trendy in some circles. Gets respect just by the strength of your commitment.

Quality

Built like a brick outhouse, though fairly focused when all's said and done. Nice materials and proper build quality help this feel like it'll do nasty things to road surfaces all day long.

Handling

The C63 AMG feels like an old-school DTM car. That equates to millimetric steering, super-hard and very sticky; on a smooth road. Get off the beaten track and you're looking at being bounced into the nearest solid object - ‘uncompromising' doesn't really cover it.

Practicality

It's a C-class, so you get a generous 475-litre boot and the associated C-class practicality, but your kids won't thank you for it when you use the available performance. And you will.

Running costs

We don't even know how much C02 this thing produces because we're too stunned by the running costs; group 20 insurance, max tax, max everything. And on a recent test, Top Gear recorded 5mpg. Yes, that's right 5mpg - it is quoted as getting 21. Hmmmm.

But then every car of this type wil have horrendous running costs.
BUt look at it  :party: :party:

I prefer the Lexus IS-F and Jaguar XFR.  Similar costs as well

Offline JackG

• Thank You
    • Distinct Detailing
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2012, 10:35:38 am »
The E90 X M3 personally isn't in the same boat, the merc has more power and was faster around the track than the M3...I do like the M3 but again it's running costs, I called up Mercedes and I was shocked about the price of serving etc was very cheap for the car and as always there will be a Indy garage that has a ex merc master tech who knows his stuff, the merc looks so special  :driver:

Offline George

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 8
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2012, 10:38:20 am »
Evo VIII / IX

Offline Sonic6103

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 5
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2012, 10:45:27 am »
I looked at getting one of these before I got my VXR8. My VXR8 is running at 472bhp at the moment and can keep up with C63's no problem but I haven't owned one so can't say much but I think my car is pretty similar even though I would still say the C63 is in another league on quality etc. I get 6mpg driving normal around town, 14mpg if I'm being extremely careful with fuel, 15-19mpg when down a long motorway run driving normal & have seen figures of upto 25mpg when being careful on motorway journeys. I use mine through winter no problem, just put it into manual mode in snow and ice but it's not the same as actually driving in a manual of course. When it's wet or snowy the back end does kick out sometimes on normal driving but TC kicks in n soon stops it so I've never had any problems or near misses.

One thing that I wanted mainly when i bought mine was a fast car but for decent money. It's standard figures are 412bhp, 0-62 in 4.9s, top speed is 155mph limited. The current figures are 472bhp, 1/4 mile in 13.8s and approximately 4.6 for 0-62 and over 175mph. To buy mine would cost £16,500 now and is pretty cheap to service compared to the BMW n Merc equivalents.

I've personally seen less VXR8's upto now than GTR's, M5's or C63's but that's what I prefer, the LESS common cars, even though 2 of the above aren't exactly common in my eyes.

Just my opinions & experiences :)

Offline garrardrj

• Thank You
  • -Given: 76
  • -Receive: 42
  • EX 2007 Golf Edition 30 owner in Suffolk
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2012, 01:36:42 pm »
I was told by Audi when i was looking at an RS4 that the servicing is very similar in price to other Audis but then when you have to have new replacement bits like discs and pads is when you really PAY !
Suspect the C63 is the same until you need new stuff like discs etc
2015 Golf R White 5 Door Leather DCC Dynaudio Pretorias
2009 Land Rover Freelander HSE - Workhorse
2007 Mk 5 Golf GTI Edition 30 - SOLD

Offline Alex678

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2012, 01:44:03 pm »
These are quick remaped watched moscow unlimited 500+ while ago were beating lambos m6's etc easily at 100+ speeds evotec map iirc
« Last Edit: April 26, 2012, 01:57:29 pm by Alex678 »

Offline JackG

• Thank You
    • Distinct Detailing
« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2012, 02:04:20 pm »
These are quick remaped watched moscow unlimited 500+ while ago were beating lambos m6's etc easily at 100+ speeds evotec map iirc
That was my next question! tuning the beasts! I'd imagine 500 BHP isn't har :party:
d to get

Offline andrewparker

• Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 78
« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2012, 02:05:51 pm »
The E90 X M3 personally isn't in the same boat, the merc has more power and was faster around the track than the M3...I do like the M3 but again it's running costs, I called up Mercedes and I was shocked about the price of serving etc was very cheap for the car and as always there will be a Indy garage that has a ex merc master tech who knows his stuff, the merc looks so special  :driver:

Surely you don't believe a C63 is cheaper to run than an M3?

Offline JackG

• Thank You
    • Distinct Detailing
« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2012, 02:07:20 pm »
I was told by Audi when i was looking at an RS4 that the servicing is very similar in price to other Audis but then when you have to have new replacement bits like discs and pads is when you really PAY !
Suspect the C63 is the same until you need new stuff like discs etc
front pads 330 and front pads and discs are roughly 500, I did ask the question  :drinking: