Make a donation

Author Topic: Home Audio... What system you guys running?  (Read 3564 times)

Offline pipston

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 3
    • Email
Re: Home Audio... What system you guys running?
« Reply #30 on: April 27, 2012, 07:14:10 pm »

Pipston - Cheers for all the advice fella.. Ive got a budget of between £800 - £1k for the receiver/speakers - thats excluding wiring, stands/mounts etc..
It's for a single average sized Living room as all the other rooms  are cared for.. Ideally would like a 7.2 receiver as the room may be extended in the near future..

Heard some of the other Kef series speakers today - beleive it was the mentioned KHT 3000.. looks brilliant with the satelites in gloss black and does sound amazing, however it does lack SQL when turned up.. I do like my music loud so need something to keep up..

With your budget the VSX-921 will handle 7.2 wont it?

if you want the KEF KHT 3000 but think it needs more 'oomph' then most places will let you upgrade the sub (which is a bit lacking) for a KUBE 1/2 for a little extra money, which is a great product for its price.

Offline dub singh

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 12
  • -Receive: 13
  • Snakebite Chasers...
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: October 09, 2012, 01:03:10 am »
 Haven't posted in a while..

So after much deliberation thought I'd wait for the new Denon gear.. Good thing I did because the new equipment is superb! Ended up going for the new Denon 2113 AV receiver.. 7.1, supporting airplay and all controlled from my ipad  :smiley:

As for the speakers I opted for the highly recommended Q-Acoustics 5000i with 2050i floor standers..

To put simply... WOW!!! Absolute brilliant combo! Its no wonder these speakers have won multiple awards!

Quick question tho... In regards to speaker cables.. I'll be using QED 79strand speaker cables.. What's everyone using and more importantly has anyone noticed any difference in sound quality?
If you're having Audio problems i feel bad for ya son... I've got 99 problems but Bass aint one!

h4rdy

« Reply #32 on: October 09, 2012, 09:19:44 am »
79 Strand FTW!

Offline rich83

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 802
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=2edna5ethtdcnc20e19e8hb4h0&/topic,19740.0.html
« Reply #33 on: October 09, 2012, 09:39:33 am »
I use 6amp 2 core cable in my ceiling speakers. Works a treat.

R32UK

« Reply #34 on: October 09, 2012, 04:12:49 pm »
slightly off topic but does anyone know where I could look into getting my system fixed/looked at??

the is no sound coming from one of the speakers  :sad1:

3 year old nephew spotted near the scene of the crime  :fighting: