Make a donation

Author Topic: Thread removed, Subframe set  (Read 1695 times)

Offline Phil Miller

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 86
  • -Receive: 34
    • Email
Thread removed, Subframe set
« on: April 29, 2012, 11:28:50 am »
All, the thread for the subframe mod has been removed, didnt see the rules on a group buy thread  :ashamed: so anyone that whats a set let me know and i will sort it out for you :happy2:
2004 Golf 5dr TDI, 140 remap, GTI front bumper, skirts, highline cluster, 18in wheels, jamax coilovers, winter pack
WANTED HIGHLINE CCM AND CECM PLEASE PM ME IF YOU CAN HELP

Offline rich83

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 802
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=sg6nkar0q3i07g0aaefmekubd4&/topic,19740.0.html
Re: Thread removed, Subframe set
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2012, 11:55:11 am »
Is it worth running a GB for something of such small value?

Offline Phil Miller

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2012, 12:12:05 pm »
Is it worth running a GB for something of such small value?

TBH prob not, the reason i looked into it was because some dealers wont give a discount and most TPS depos dont do retail

so i was trying to help out fellow mk5 owners, the price the parts cost me is what i was charging, post was just covered so i wasnt making a bean on them but was saving members having to pay £12.60 for them, and having to deal with a parts depo who couldnt give a monkeys to look the parts up, then order them in, so for most people it would be 2 trips to the depo, once to order and pay and then the next day to collect

Just trying to help people by saving them some hassel and some coin
2004 Golf 5dr TDI, 140 remap, GTI front bumper, skirts, highline cluster, 18in wheels, jamax coilovers, winter pack

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2012, 12:39:31 pm »
At first sight, that seems like very poor moderating. The rules need to be obeyed but to just close it off without warning is hardly helpful to those members who have posted and are interested in this GB.

So, Messrs Moderators, what's the justification in removal without posting or warning? - I'm sure you'll have justification but what's the Mod point of view?

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline SteveP

• Thank You
  • -Given: 117
  • -Receive: 340
    • My Project
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2012, 01:28:30 pm »
Simple Robin the rules where not followed, they are there for the protection of the members and the reputation of the site.

Offline Phil Miller

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2012, 01:38:08 pm »
Simple Robin the rules where not followed, they are there for the protection of the members and the reputation of the site.

That is a fair point, but it took over 24 hrs for it to be removed and it wasnt till payment details were posted up

will get 10 sets in and then post up they are forsale instead

Offline SteveP

• Thank You
    • My Project
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2012, 01:46:57 pm »
^^^ Of course running the forum is my full time job and I check every single one of the 18,000+ new posts made every month.  :rolleye:

As per the PM I have asked for one change to the GB for the protection of the members then it can go ahead and the thread will be moved back.

« Last Edit: April 29, 2012, 01:50:15 pm by SteveP »

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2012, 01:57:06 pm »

....Fair enough. I think that in the exact art of hindsight it might have been better to have posted an alert/warning and locked the thread. But anyway it's all history now and time to move on.

:grouphug: 

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline SteveP

• Thank You
    • My Project
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2012, 02:08:28 pm »
^^^^ As always Robin you have your opinion and I have mine.  The method of "parking" the thread is far more effective and if the simple request is met to change the payment method to standard paypal payment rather than gift then the thread and all it's posts will be restored to the correct section.

Offline rich83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 802
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=sg6nkar0q3i07g0aaefmekubd4&/topic,19740.0.html
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2012, 02:13:52 pm »
^^^^ As always Robin you have your opinion and I have mine.  The method of "parking" the thread is far more effective and if the simple request is met to change the payment method to standard paypal payment rather than gift then the thread and all it's posts will be restored to the correct section.

Cant say fairer than that... Paypal gift is asking for problems, especially when dealing with multiple purchases.  :happy2:

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2012, 02:25:35 pm »

....No problem, Steve - I respect your opinions and now you have explained the reasons I can see the sense in doing what you did. Just as long as you don't mind me expressing my opinions even if I'm later found to be wrong or mistaken.

:happy2:

Offline Deako

• Thank You
  • -Given: 38
  • -Receive: 44
  • Eat, Sleep....VAG
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2012, 06:07:58 pm »
Surprised Robin didn't post a photo of some kind tbqfh.  :P

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2012, 06:11:07 pm »

Surprised Robin didn't post a photo of some kind tbqfh.  :P

....I'd be happy to oblige of you'd like  :evilgrin:

Offline Phil Miller

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2012, 06:13:15 pm »
All back on, had to slightly alter the price to allow for paypal fee's but all good to go  :happy2: