Make a donation

Author Topic: *****FOOTBALL THREAD*****  (Read 41674 times)

Offline Gtiain

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 66
  • -Receive: 19
    • Email
Re: *****FOOTBALL THREAD*****
« Reply #90 on: May 08, 2012, 10:25:10 pm »
You know you've played poorly when you make Henderson look like xavi!  :signLOL:

Joking apart Liverpool played really well tonight. Credit where credits due an all that!

Offline Tamiyoman

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 39
  • Prev car - Candy DSG ED30 No. 2235
    • Email
« Reply #91 on: May 08, 2012, 10:34:54 pm »
Liverpool won?  :surprised:

Well done the scousers, did not watch the game as had better things to do (worming the dog by hand springs to mind  :grin:), was chelsea a full team or did they rest loads?
MK7 Golf R, Pure White 3Dr DSG, Had since 10/06/14

Offline Gtiain

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 66
  • -Receive: 19
    • Email
« Reply #92 on: May 08, 2012, 10:37:21 pm »
Liverpool won?  :surprised:

Well done the scousers, did not watch the game as had better things to do (worming the dog by hand springs to mind  :grin:), was chelsea a full team or did they rest loads?

It finished 4 1 Liverpool.

8 changes from the cup final I think. No cech, cole, lampard, mata, meireles, drogba and obviously luiz and Cahill are injured.

Offline Jussa

• Thank You
  • -Given: 23
  • -Receive: 12
  • Bicester
    • Email
« Reply #93 on: May 08, 2012, 11:10:29 pm »
Liverpool won?  :surprised:

Well done the scousers, did not watch the game as had better things to do (worming the dog by hand springs to mind  :grin:), was chelsea a full team or did they rest loads?

It finished 4 1 Liverpool.

8 changes from the cup final I think. No cech, cole, lampard, mata, meireles, drogba and obviously luiz and Cahill are injured.

Yes, but they still had Terry, Ivanovic, Torres, Ramires, Malouda, Essien and Sturridge.
Liverpool played well tonight, And the scoreline could have been worse if Downing hadn't missed the penalty.
If Carroll continues playing like his I am quit optimstic about nex season  :party:

Jussa - yeah would rather be forward thinking and not go back to Rafa but I do think he is a more tactically astute manager than Kenny and would attract better players and get us competitive agin for trying to get in the top 4.

We have to be realistic - we should either give Kenny one more season, bring Rafa back now or bring in someone else who is better than both of them but who would that be who would actually want the job bearing in mind no CL? I really am torn in one way I think Kenny should be allowed one more season see how he gets on on the other hand I think go now - you have steadied the ship and won the league cup.

Whatever anybody wants, Kenny will be there at least another season, hopefully he'll prove us wrong  :happy2:
2010 3dr phantom black S-Tronic S3 - BCS TBE with 3½" DP - LOBA LO4xx turbo - LOBA HPFP - Revo CAI - H&R 25mm lowering springs - Forge 11mm spacers - RS4 fuel Pressure valve - THS intercooler - H&R front and rear ARB's - AEM water methanol injection

Offline MC71

• Thank You
  • -Given: 413
  • -Receive: 427
  • Mk7 R
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,113185.0.html
« Reply #94 on: May 08, 2012, 11:29:13 pm »
Just been looking at Premier Leauge Table. Did you Liverpool fans realise that your nearer in points to the bottom club than you are to the top club! Incredible, 34 points behind the Manc' clubs but only 27 points above Wolves. You really have got to have a clear out, Carroll must go and sack that Dalglish twat otherwise you will be in the Championship at this rate.
 :signLOL:

Build thread Stage 2+ Edition 30 ~~Clicky here~~

Offline andrewparker

• Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 78
« Reply #95 on: May 09, 2012, 07:01:43 am »
Nothing like a meaningless win to boost confidence! Cue countless Liverpool fans thinking they'll win the League next season :signLOL:

Offline MC71

• Thank You
  • Mk7 R
« Reply #96 on: May 09, 2012, 07:44:45 am »
Nothing like a meaningless win to boost confidence! Cue countless Liverpool fans thinking they'll win the League next season :signLOL:

:signLOL:

Dalglish has been saying how good their season has been  :stupid:

Years ago when they used to be a big club there's no way they would have been happy with mediocrity!! Used to worry about playing Liverpool, now you turn and an easy 3 points.
Best statement from the Scottish twat last night was, I quote "our players are more educated than most", apparently one of them was caught reading a book in the changing room, he is now referred to "the professor". Give me strength.

Offline andrewparker

• Thank You
« Reply #97 on: May 09, 2012, 07:52:13 am »
Kenny is one step away from a mental institution. Some of the stuff he comes out is truly bizarre.

Offline berg

• Thank You
  • -Given: 49
  • -Receive: 38
« Reply #98 on: May 09, 2012, 11:51:50 am »

Do Newcastle fans think they can win the league next season?

Newcastle our above us because you deserve to be and I hope you come 4th and get in the CL

But dont delude yourself with thinking you are much closer to United and City than we are.
Diamond Black Pearl Edition 30, still going strong but now back to Stg 1

Offline Jussa

• Thank You
  • -Given: 23
  • -Receive: 12
  • Bicester
    • Email
« Reply #99 on: May 09, 2012, 12:27:31 pm »

Do Newcastle fans think they can win the league next season?

Newcastle our above us because you deserve to be and I hope you come 4th and get in the CL

But dont delude yourself with thinking you are much closer to United and City than we are.

+1  :congrats:

All Geordie fans thought they were relegation contenders and were not happy in the least at the Pardew appointment

:popcornsoda:
2010 3dr phantom black S-Tronic S3 - BCS TBE with 3½" DP - LOBA LO4xx turbo - LOBA HPFP - Revo CAI - H&R 25mm lowering springs - Forge 11mm spacers - RS4 fuel Pressure valve - THS intercooler - H&R front and rear ARB's - AEM water methanol injection

Offline andrewparker

• Thank You
« Reply #100 on: May 09, 2012, 12:28:07 pm »
Not in the slightest. In fact most NUFC fans I know and have spoken to think European football has came far too soon and could in fact become a hindrance to our League push next year. The question being asked is "where to next?" because most fans realise we have probably overachieved this season.

The difference between us and the Manchester clubs is huge, that was more than evident on Sunday. In fact in terms of set up, squad size etc we're behind most of the top 10.

Offline andrewparker

• Thank You
« Reply #101 on: May 09, 2012, 12:34:08 pm »
All Geordie fans thought they were relegation contenders and were not happy in the least at the Pardew appointment

I don't see what your point is? There isn't a Newcastle fan who could claim to have been happy with Pardew's appointment, but then there was no reason to be. I'd imagine many people outside Newcastle also questioned his appointment. He doesn't have a great track record and if you remember, he replaced Chris Hughton who was extremely well liked. Pardew has proved himself.

The person who is deluded is Kenny Dagleish, who can't seem to accept that his Premiership season has been flawed.

Offline berg

• Thank You
  • -Given: 49
  • -Receive: 38
« Reply #102 on: May 09, 2012, 12:35:34 pm »
Not in the slightest. In fact most NUFC fans I know and have spoken to think European football has came far too soon and could in fact become a hindrance to our League push next year. The question being asked is "where to next?" because most fans realise we have probably overachieved this season.

The difference between us and the Manchester clubs is huge, that was more than evident on Sunday. In fact in terms of set up, squad size etc we're behind most of the top 10.

Well if you can keep your squad together and ward off interest for Cisse and Ba and make a couple of astute signings, we might struggle to catch you next season too! Our defence is better than yours I would say but our midfield has been so poor compared to Cabaye and Ben Arfa, and Ba and Cisse have obviously performed better than Suarez/Carroll.

Not sure who Spurs play at weekend but I would guess you will probably be joining us in the Thursday-fest of the Europa league next year whoooo  :jumpmove:
Diamond Black Pearl Edition 30, still going strong but now back to Stg 1

Offline andrewparker

• Thank You
« Reply #103 on: May 09, 2012, 12:42:02 pm »
Yeah, I don't think anyone is madly excited by the Europa League. The schedule is so intensive it can do more harm than good.

There aren't really any clear cut games, Spurs have Fulham, and Arsenal are away to West Brom. But saying that, I don't think we'll beat Everton away from home.

Offline MC71

• Thank You
  • Mk7 R
« Reply #104 on: May 09, 2012, 12:49:40 pm »

Not sure who Spurs play at weekend but I would guess you will probably be joining us in the Thursday-fest of the Europa league next year whoooo  :jumpmove:

We (Spurs) are playing Fulham at home on Sunday. Keep looking at the table and PRAYING that we win. Obviously hope the Arse lose badly and then it won't matter what Chelski do in the final. Can't be doing that Thusday night bol**cks again.
 :happy2: