Make a donation

Author Topic: *****FOOTBALL THREAD*****  (Read 41653 times)

Offline berg

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 49
  • -Receive: 38
Re: *****FOOTBALL THREAD*****
« Reply #105 on: May 09, 2012, 01:34:44 pm »
I think whoever comes 4th could be gutted as can see it being Chelski's year to lift the CL.

my ideal scenario then would be for us to finish a mighty 7th (whoooo) spurs and arsenal to lose, newcastle to win, city to win, united to lose and chelski to lose in the CL final.

not asking for much then
Diamond Black Pearl Edition 30, still going strong but now back to Stg 1

Offline Gtiain

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 66
  • -Receive: 19
    • Email
« Reply #106 on: May 09, 2012, 02:14:22 pm »
I think whoever comes 4th could be gutted as can see it being Chelski's year to lift the CL.

my ideal scenario then would be for us to finish a mighty 7th (whoooo) spurs and arsenal to lose, newcastle to win, city to win, united to lose and chelski to lose in the CL final.

not asking for much then

I really can't see Chelsea winning it, what defence are they going to put out??? Plus the fact it's in bayerns stadium gives them a huge advantage.

Offline Adam_Blueflame

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #107 on: May 09, 2012, 02:19:34 pm »
The final could go either way, although I would put my money on Bayern winning it in extra time by 2 goals to 1.

Personally I'm just happy that Liverpool FINALLY found "some" form and annihilated a very poor Chelsea side last night.
I for the first time this year actually enjoyed watching us play, none of that boring passing amidst the defence and then back to the keeper  :drinking:

Offline MC71

• Thank You
  • -Given: 413
  • -Receive: 427
  • Mk7 R
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,113185.0.html
« Reply #108 on: May 09, 2012, 03:42:16 pm »

:signLOL: love that!!

Build thread Stage 2+ Edition 30 ~~Clicky here~~

Offline Tamiyoman

• Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 39
  • Prev car - Candy DSG ED30 No. 2235
    • Email
« Reply #109 on: May 09, 2012, 04:20:47 pm »

About as likely as Liverpool finishing in the top 4 most seasons :signLOL:
MK7 Golf R, Pure White 3Dr DSG, Had since 10/06/14

R32UK

« Reply #110 on: May 09, 2012, 04:51:11 pm »
cough cough* nearly as bad as finishing the season with no silver couch cough*  :drinking:

Offline berg

• Thank You
« Reply #111 on: May 09, 2012, 05:43:54 pm »

About as likely as Liverpool finishing in the top 4 most seasons :signLOL:

We will be back PROVIDING they do actually build us a new ground as there is no doubt that "fortress (sic)" Anfield is holding us back and they do continue to invest in better players (cant be hard to sign better players than Adam, Henderson and Downing can it? Hoilett, Dempsey and Sinclair?)

Offline berg

• Thank You
« Reply #112 on: May 09, 2012, 05:46:53 pm »
Good point, our league form has been horrendous but at least we have won a trophy which is more than Spurs, Arsenal possibly United

Would I swap the league cup for CL qualification?

Yes and no becuase the day out at wembley when you win is great but playing n Europe's premier competition is more important financially

Offline andrewparker

• Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 78

R32UK

« Reply #114 on: May 10, 2012, 10:59:12 am »
http://www.101greatgoals.com/gvideos/top-5-premier-league-goals-of-20112012/

would probably agree with that top 5.

as for the rooney overhead shin winning best premier league goal of all time  :grin: :grin: :grin: seen much better imo

Offline Tamiyoman

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #115 on: May 10, 2012, 11:02:58 am »
cough cough* nearly as bad as finishing the season with no silver couch cough*  :drinking:

Ha ha thats poor, most teams finished without winning anything, its unusual, but means we will do better next year (it what has happened histrically when we won nothing season before), oh and the season is not finished yet cough cough

R32UK

« Reply #116 on: May 10, 2012, 12:20:04 pm »

Ha ha thats poor, most teams finished without winning anything, its unusual, but means we will do better next year (it what has happened histrically when we won nothing season before), oh and the season is not finished yet cough cough

I agree... that is poor.  :P you can now class yourself alongside most teams  :grin:

Its mansh1ttys to throw away I would say.... could still be something for you there, but you will have to beat sunderland first. An early goal would no doubt filter down to ethiad and help increase pressure, so a must really.

Offline Tamiyoman

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #117 on: May 10, 2012, 01:48:03 pm »
It's not like we have not won anything in the last 20 years is it (40+ for city) not counting the FA cup which has over the last few years been 3rd in importance for most top clubs.

I think a draw for City and a late winner for united will be ok (preferably in the 92nd minute so City dont have time to reply)  :signLOL:

Bottom line is I dont mind them winning nothing, if it makes the board spend money in the next 1-2 years getting schneider in and getting mourinho to manage us and bring Ronaldo back with him, on that basis I am happy to have no trophies for this and the next season  :happy2:.

Who knows what will happen, hopefullly we will sign a few players in the summer.

Offline andrewparker

• Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 78
« Reply #118 on: May 10, 2012, 02:27:32 pm »
If United bring Ronaldo back they're off my Christmas card list for good. The boy is a tosser.

Offline Adam_Blueflame

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #119 on: May 10, 2012, 02:31:23 pm »
We will be back PROVIDING they do actually build us a new ground as there is no doubt that "fortress (sic)" Anfield is holding us back and they do continue to invest in better players (cant be hard to sign better players than Adam, Henderson and Downing can it? Hoilett, Dempsey and Sinclair?)

I have to agree with the Hoilett, Dempsey and Sinclair I'm not overly too sure about.
Henderson is like Lucas, I think he will do fantastically if given the chance next season