Make a donation

Author Topic: If you could go back in time...  (Read 1105 times)

Offline Matto

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 24
  • -Receive: 116
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,37071.0.html
If you could go back in time...
« on: May 03, 2012, 06:07:40 pm »
Where/which era would you go back to?

For me it would have to be World War 2. I have always had an interest in what went on and how quickly the technology did/had to to advance. I enjoy watching films and documentaries especially the likes of Band of Brothers, Saving Private Ryan and Memphis Belle. I have read a few books and love to hear stories people have of family members or little secrets that might not be common knowledge.

I would have liked to experienced the sights and sounds of the time. Obviously in just a spectator capacity and I'm crap at paint balling I know I wouldn't last long in the real thing.

So how about people on here?

Offline Hurdy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 52
  • -Receive: 137
Re: If you could go back in time...
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2012, 06:18:03 pm »
If it were just to observe................The original Woodstock! :smiley:

If it were to change..............like everyone else, change lottery numbers! :party:
Golf R gone.

Offline Andy

• Admin
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 442
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2012, 06:21:54 pm »
to see if some of the myths and legends are true and bring prove back with me

Offline andrewparker

• Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 78
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2012, 06:24:33 pm »
If I could go back in time I'd go back to the moment I left my Gen 1 iPod on a plane in Cuba! I've always regretted that :sad1:

Offline monte

• Thank You
  • -Given: 116
  • -Receive: 134
  • Global Ruler
    • Deep-Shine Detail. Detailing-Wrapping-Tints. Lincoln.
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,67679.0.html
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2012, 07:23:31 pm »
Greys,

Sports,

Almanac.

:wink:

Offline Gtiain

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 66
  • -Receive: 19
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2012, 07:37:11 pm »
Greys,

Sports,

Almanac.

:wink:

Quality! Just what I was thinking!

Has anyone else noticed that back to the future is on almost every weekend without fail?!

Offline Phil Miller

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 86
  • -Receive: 34
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2012, 11:12:24 pm »
Keep the lottery, sports books and the like, if i could go back in time, just to relive that moment, id choose 2

The first and most important would be the day mt daughter Courtney was born, 30 Aug 2002, it was perfect (shame her mother is a total bitch now) and the second time would be last May, Exeter City V Sheff Wed we scored in the last minute, although the game meant nothing, i felt my team had made it, you may say it was only a league 1 game, to me, leppings Lane, NO in fact the whole ground is a massive part of English football, for my team (who 4 years ago were a non league side) to not only play there but also WIN there was another magic moment, when i watch the vids on youtube it still makes me smile and brings a tear to my eye and lump in my throat, thats 2 days that i would love to relive, for 2 very different reasons
2004 Golf 5dr TDI, 140 remap, GTI front bumper, skirts, highline cluster, 18in wheels, jamax coilovers, winter pack
WANTED HIGHLINE CCM AND CECM PLEASE PM ME IF YOU CAN HELP

Offline Deako

• Thank You
  • -Given: 38
  • -Receive: 44
  • Eat, Sleep....VAG
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2012, 11:18:21 pm »
Dinosaurs. I'd have loved to witness the awesomeness of the beasts. From inside an invulnerable bubble of course.

Offline Tfsi_Mike

• Thank You
  • -Given: 241
  • -Receive: 309
  • Go Large or Go Home
    • Tfsi Mikes Money Pit AKS / TTE / RTech St2+ Cupra
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,32721.msg402587.html#msg402587
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2012, 11:24:03 pm »
Euro millions.

Offline Tamiyoman

• Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 39
  • Prev car - Candy DSG ED30 No. 2235
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2012, 12:46:35 am »
Wuld love to go back in time to when original Golf GTI was launched, I could afford one now (and more importantly olde enough to drive), think I was only about 5 or 6 when they came out  :happy2:

Other than that would like to have been in the same continent when my mother had a heart attack (I was In singapore at the time) and although I made it to her bedside within 18 hours I felt like I was not there to support my father and brother (she lived but now lives every day to the fullest believing it could be her last), and yes either euromillions jackpot numbers for the week before the biggest ever win or a sports almanac (although im pretty sure every bookie would ban you within a month when you get EVERY sports score correct each weekend  :happy2:).

I got banned from 2 bookies years ago as one of my clients was a "Professional" gambler and gave me a tip each week for 2 months and EVERY one of them won, after 3 weeks William hill banned me, after another 3 weeks Coral banned me  :signLOL: made £7.5K in 2 months from his tips  :signLOL: :signLOL:
MK7 Golf R, Pure White 3Dr DSG, Had since 10/06/14

Offline rich83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 802
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=8igglag8529ql0irgdujt5k3i5&/topic,19740.0.html
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2012, 01:13:58 am »
The dinosaur age is a good idea luke. To be honest I'd settle for a few weeks with my grandma and grandad, so early 1980s. :-)

Offline Dp_Ed30

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 3
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2012, 01:54:29 am »
Going back would only be to meet my grandad who I never got chance to meet. And while I'm there stash away some of today's clasics with 0 miles on the clock

Other than that nothing I love technology to much and wouldn't want to go back were I didn't have all these wonderfully devices to help me with my day to day life

Offline Horatio

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 23
  • -Receive: 39
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2012, 04:32:33 am »
I wouldve bought the other edition 30 i saw. But i wouldnt change the one ive got now.
2007 Black Magic DSG Golf GTI Edition 30. No.1231
.:R32 "milk and juice come in 2 litres"
I run a dirty campervan, need scrubbers

Offline Mk5 GTian

• Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 37
  • Wolfsburg - Probably the Best Cars in the World
« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2012, 05:16:31 am »

I'd go back to 1988 and concentrate on my cricket and NOT get side-tracked by women, booze and house music!

I was playing top level premier league club cricket and playing for Surrey Youth in the same side as Ashley Giles, Adam Hollioake, Mark Butcher, and Ian Ward.

I did have an incredible time though... :evilgrin:

Fun Golf: 2016 mk7 R DSG 3 door. Work Golf: 2015 mk7 1.4 TSI GT ACT 5 door.
Gone but not forgotten : mk2 Golf GTI 16v, mk4 Golf V6 4Motion, mk5 GTI Storm Developments Stage 1, mk5 GTI Revo Stage 1, BMW 330ci, Skoda Octavia VRS Revo Stage 2, BMW Z4 Sdrive35i.