Make a donation

Author Topic: Outside my gym - belong to anyone here??  (Read 5633 times)

Offline Jussa

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 23
  • -Receive: 12
  • Bicester
    • Email
Re: Outside my gym - belong to anyone here??
« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2012, 12:42:12 pm »
Which car??

I'm sure that if somebody cloned your plates to do illegal work you'd have an alibi to where u and your car were??

:popcornsoda:
2010 3dr phantom black S-Tronic S3 - BCS TBE with 3½" DP - LOBA LO4xx turbo - LOBA HPFP - Revo CAI - H&R 25mm lowering springs - Forge 11mm spacers - RS4 fuel Pressure valve - THS intercooler - H&R front and rear ARB's - AEM water methanol injection

Offline dodds-gttdi

• Thank You
  • -Given: 22
  • -Receive: 34
  • Edinburgh
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2012, 12:56:16 pm »
Which car??

I'm sure that if somebody cloned your plates to do illegal work you'd have an alibi to where u and your car were??

Not if you've cloned another person's car reg and are away committing another henious crime elsewhere...   :evilgrin:  :popcornsoda:

Offline garrardrj

• Thank You
  • -Given: 76
  • -Receive: 42
  • EX 2007 Golf Edition 30 owner in Suffolk
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2012, 01:04:45 pm »
Which car??

How do you prove you were at home in bed asleep at 3am ?
2015 Golf R White 5 Door Leather DCC Dynaudio Pretorias
2009 Land Rover Freelander HSE - Workhorse
2007 Mk 5 Golf GTI Edition 30 - SOLD

Offline Tamiyoman

• Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 39
  • Prev car - Candy DSG ED30 No. 2235
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2012, 01:47:38 pm »
This happened to my mate a couple of years back, he started getting speeding notices coming through his door for speed cameras in London (he lives in Wigan), he went to local cop shop and told them it was not his car  :happy2: as he was at home with his wife at the time and had not been to London for around 8 years, they asked him to prove it  :surprised:, he then revealed he was an ex copper (traffic) and he asked them to politely do their jobs and catch the guys responsible rather than annoy him, luckily for him he has a GB sticker on the back of his car which was not evident in the pictures so told them it was quite obvious what happened and to stop sending him letters.

2 weeks later another one arrived, he just sent it back to them with the crime number attached, he actually got about 5 or 6 of them in total and returned all of them back to issuing office, it was then he got a knock on the door as the latest thing was "his" car was used for more than 5 non payment of petrol offences also in the London area, he just laughed at them and told them what was happening.

It looked like he could not stop what was happening as the police just kept sending letters to him, knocking on his door, so he went out and bought a "Personalised" reg for £500 which meant that his "Old" reg was returned to DVLA (something he was thinking of doing anyway), he got a few more speeding notices/non payment of fuel and congestion charge tickets in the next 8 weeks but as soon as his reg was changed it all stopped within a week.

Bottom line is it will only cause you grief if someone does see your plate and copies it, so for forums take it off, it lessens the risk at a minimum.

:happy2:
MK7 Golf R, Pure White 3Dr DSG, Had since 10/06/14

Offline mvb12

• Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 64
  • VCDS - Adaptations * Coding * Diagnostics PM Me
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: May 07, 2012, 05:49:57 pm »
But the point Jussa is making is you can pluck a reg from driving around and don't need to go on a forum  :fighting2: to get a reg.

I don't think these retards that clone cars have time to trawl forums for reg numbers i think they will find it more easier to drive around.

VCDS HEX NET / VCP / ODIS - COVERING LONDON AND MIDLANDS
VCDS - Adaptations * Coding * Diagnostics PM Me
Canbus Gateway - Supply and fit (Stop battery drain issues)

Offline nezquick

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 33
« Reply #20 on: May 07, 2012, 05:51:26 pm »
But the point Jussa is making is you can pluck a reg from driving around and don't need to go on a forum  :fighting2: to get a reg.

I don't think these retards that clone cars have time to trawl forums for reg numbers i think they will find it more easier to drive around.

x2

Offline Tamiyoman

• Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 39
  • Prev car - Candy DSG ED30 No. 2235
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: May 08, 2012, 12:15:30 am »

Have to disagree, lets say your a thieving scally oik who has just nicked a Red GTI or own a red GTI and just dont want to pay parking/speeding/congestion tickets or fuel, would the obvious place to look for a reg plate not be a Golf GTI forum?, seems obvious to me?

Plus where I live you dont see many any Edition 30 for example so forum pics would be even easier.

Same as if you had a Focus RS, wold you not look on a ford forum?.

MK7 Golf R, Pure White 3Dr DSG, Had since 10/06/14

Offline vRS Carl

• Thank You
  • -Given: 282
  • -Receive: 240
  • I'm the F.A.G (Forum Apple Guru)
« Reply #22 on: May 08, 2012, 07:48:59 am »
If they have just nicked it then they probably won't be arsed as to wether they get flashed or have the reg taken whilst nicking petrol.

Offline garrardrj

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: May 08, 2012, 10:58:30 am »
If they have just nicked it then they probably won't be arsed as to wether they get flashed or have the reg taken whilst nicking petrol.

Isn't the issue here " The problem for the Genuine Owner" ................. Not a thief's ?

Offline vRS Carl

• Thank You
« Reply #24 on: May 08, 2012, 11:55:38 am »
The point I'm making is if they have just nicked the car they don't then pull up into Halfrauds car park & trawl MK5Golfgti for a registration to clone.  :grin:

Offline mvb12

• Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 64
  • VCDS - Adaptations * Coding * Diagnostics PM Me
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: May 08, 2012, 12:45:46 pm »
my thinking is a thief is an opportunist, if the opportunity arises they will take the risk.

The number plate is the last thing a crook will be thinking of, but this is just IMO
VCDS HEX NET / VCP / ODIS - COVERING LONDON AND MIDLANDS
VCDS - Adaptations * Coding * Diagnostics PM Me
Canbus Gateway - Supply and fit (Stop battery drain issues)

Offline Little_Dave

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 28
« Reply #26 on: May 08, 2012, 12:50:48 pm »
They are only gonna bother to fanny about with the plate if they intend keeping the car for more than a few days otherwise the stolen car would usually just be dumped or torched, in that case its more an organised crime thing looking for a particular car than a twat going for a joyride on police interceptors  :signLOL:

Can see the point tho about the plates being covered up however small a help it is the prevent cloning and only takes a second to do in Paint

Dave

Offline garrardrj

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: May 08, 2012, 04:36:38 pm »
my thinking is a thief is an opportunist, if the opportunity arises they will take the risk.

The number plate is the last thing a crook will be thinking of, but this is just IMO

U never heard of organised crime ?
We have had in the past a local Drug Dealer had a car for 3 months , had 19 sighting reports with added intel on him and his movements. The car was a stolen one on false plates , had been stopped numerous times. Most organised gangs use cloned cars as they will not spend their dishonest gains on cars as they get taken off them under  POCA ( Proceeds of crime act )

So there :innocent:

Offline vRS Carl

• Thank You
« Reply #28 on: May 08, 2012, 05:25:40 pm »

U never heard of organised crime ?
We have had in the past a local Drug Dealer had a car for 3 months , had 19 sighting reports with added intel on him and his movements. The car was a stolen one on false plates , had been stopped numerous times. Most organised gangs use cloned cars as they will not spend their dishonest gains on cars as they get taken off them under  POCA ( Proceeds of crime act )

So there :innocent:

I think we are getting a bit OTT here now. Granted there is organised Crime etc, however unless something has changed recently then it is up to the Police/CPS to prove someone's guilt before any charges etc can be brought. So saying how do you prove you were in bed 3am etc is a mute point. Yes you do, but, the Police/CPS also have to prove you weren't in bed and actually committing the offence.

As the saying goes innocent until proven guilty and a registration plate on a car does not prove guilt.

Offline Oli

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 19
  • -Receive: 10
  • living the dream....
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: May 08, 2012, 05:50:41 pm »
I must say I agree, I wouldn't give a munkys if my plate was shown, I don't understand it either  :confused:

To be fair i wouldnt be that fussed either, but i know some people are and if its not your car better to hide it IMO..

Wait till your arrested as a getaway driver for an armed robbery and try to prove where you were then at the time. Not much chance of it happening i agree but as most armed robbers not kiss and tell they might not believe your " it wasn't me " answer  :innocent:

Innocent until proven guilty.  :booty:
www.bmvs-camperhire.co.uk - Brand new VW California SE rental