Make a donation

Author Topic: Outside my gym - belong to anyone here??  (Read 5624 times)

Offline Tamiyoman

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 39
  • Prev car - Candy DSG ED30 No. 2235
    • Email
Re: Outside my gym - belong to anyone here??
« Reply #30 on: May 08, 2012, 05:53:40 pm »
I must say I agree, I wouldn't give a munkys if my plate was shown, I don't understand it either  :confused:

To be fair i wouldnt be that fussed either, but i know some people are and if its not your car better to hide it IMO..

Wait till your arrested as a getaway driver for an armed robbery and try to prove where you were then at the time. Not much chance of it happening i agree but as most armed robbers not kiss and tell they might not believe your " it wasn't me " answer  :innocent:

Innocent until proven guilty.  :booty:

Ha ha like that happens in the Real world  :signLOL:
MK7 Golf R, Pure White 3Dr DSG, Had since 10/06/14

Offline Jussa

• Thank You
  • -Given: 23
  • -Receive: 12
  • Bicester
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: May 08, 2012, 06:43:50 pm »
At the end of the day no MUNTER that steals a car is going to trawl the Internet to look for a plate to use.  I can guarantee that whatever car u drive u can just go down the road and spot a car of the same model and colour as yours.  Even if it was let say a GTi and somebody took the plate of GT, nobody would know!!
You were talking earlier of having a sticker on the back of your car.  Who's to say the sticker wasn't removed or just added by yourself if u were really the criminal, how could the coppers prove anything from that??  :confused:
2010 3dr phantom black S-Tronic S3 - BCS TBE with 3½" DP - LOBA LO4xx turbo - LOBA HPFP - Revo CAI - H&R 25mm lowering springs - Forge 11mm spacers - RS4 fuel Pressure valve - THS intercooler - H&R front and rear ARB's - AEM water methanol injection

Offline garrardrj

• Thank You
  • -Given: 76
  • -Receive: 42
  • EX 2007 Golf Edition 30 owner in Suffolk
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: May 08, 2012, 06:58:57 pm »
At the end of the day no MUNTER that steals a car is going to trawl the Internet to look for a plate to use.  I can guarantee that whatever car u drive u can just go down the road and spot a car of the same model and colour as yours.  Even if it was let say a GTi and somebody took the plate of GT, nobody would know!!
You were talking earlier of having a sticker on the back of your car.  Who's to say the sticker wasn't removed or just added by yourself if u were really the criminal, how could the coppers prove anything from that??  :confused:

Well it would stop you being arrested in the first place . CCTV is used in 99% of serious crime to corroborated other evidence. You either believe what i say or you don't , i am not really that bothered. Its a forum for discussions and views on topics posted by its users and thats what we are doing ?
I do sometimes play " Devils Advocate " too.
2015 Golf R White 5 Door Leather DCC Dynaudio Pretorias
2009 Land Rover Freelander HSE - Workhorse
2007 Mk 5 Golf GTI Edition 30 - SOLD

Offline Jussa

• Thank You
  • Bicester
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: May 08, 2012, 07:08:52 pm »

Well it would stop you being arrested in the first place . CCTV is used in 99% of serious crime to corroborated other evidence. You either believe what i say or you don't , i am not really that bothered. Its a forum for discussions and views on topics posted by its users and thats what we are doing ?

Anybody is more than welcome to use my plate to perform a crime.
I also welcome the cops to prove it was me when it wasn't.
They have to have damning evidence before locking me up, that I do know.  So if it wasn't me, they haven't a prayer!!
2010 3dr phantom black S-Tronic S3 - BCS TBE with 3½" DP - LOBA LO4xx turbo - LOBA HPFP - Revo CAI - H&R 25mm lowering springs - Forge 11mm spacers - RS4 fuel Pressure valve - THS intercooler - H&R front and rear ARB's - AEM water methanol injection

Ifti

« Reply #34 on: May 08, 2012, 07:20:35 pm »
Lol at this going on for 3 pages!

A number plate is always on public display. If anything is gonna happen, it's gonna happen. End of.

Offline garrardrj

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: May 08, 2012, 07:23:59 pm »

They have to have damning evidence before locking me up, that I do know.  So if it wasn't me, they haven't a prayer!!

Look up reasonable suspicion .

Offline Jussa

• Thank You
  • Bicester
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: May 08, 2012, 07:29:34 pm »

Look up reasonable suspicion .

http://www.yourrights.org.uk/yourrights/the-rights-of-suspects/stop-and-search/reasonable-grounds-for-suspicion.html

At the end of the day they can suspect what they want.
In a court of law it has to be proven beyond reasonable doubt tha I'm guilty.  Sorry to say, but a car driving around with my plates has 'no chance'!!!
OJ Simpson springs to mind  :signLOL:  and he was found to be innocent even in the car!!

Offline garrardrj

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: May 08, 2012, 07:33:57 pm »
Someone post a new topic , this ones done now :grin:

Offline andrewparker

• Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 78
« Reply #38 on: May 08, 2012, 07:37:59 pm »

All this over a boring Audi S3...

Offline Jussa

• Thank You
  • Bicester
    • Email
« Reply #39 on: May 08, 2012, 07:38:47 pm »

A boring S3 that we were not allowed to show its plates  :signLOL:

Ifti

« Reply #40 on: May 08, 2012, 07:55:19 pm »

EXACTLY!

Offline Jussa

• Thank You
  • Bicester
    • Email
« Reply #41 on: May 08, 2012, 07:58:25 pm »

EXACTLY!

Let's be honest though, it was a good debate on whether it makes a difference displaying a plate or not on a forum!!
People seem to be split on the idea!!

Offline ILoveTuna

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 3
« Reply #42 on: May 08, 2012, 08:02:12 pm »

EXACTLY!

Let's be honest though, it was a good debate on whether it makes a difference displaying a plate or not on a forum!!
People seem to be split on the idea!!

Exactly they are, that was my point if its not ur car you shouldnt show them. In case the person in question does feel as strongly as some on here!!