Make a donation

Author Topic: Sunroof  (Read 3482 times)

Offline RedRobin

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
Re: Sunroof
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2012, 10:07:33 am »

Yes going for Climair deflectors as I am pig sick of water running down the door onto the switches when the window is open (poor design by VW!)  :signLOL:

....All cars stopped having rain gutters along the roof many decades ago. It was cool to shave them off.

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline garrardrj

• Thank You
  • -Given: 76
  • -Receive: 42
  • EX 2007 Golf Edition 30 owner in Suffolk
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2012, 10:44:31 am »
I have never had a sunroof in any car since attending a car accident where the driver had been decapitated by being thrown out half way through the sunroof !
2015 Golf R White 5 Door Leather DCC Dynaudio Pretorias
2009 Land Rover Freelander HSE - Workhorse
2007 Mk 5 Golf GTI Edition 30 - SOLD

Offline Eccie

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 25
« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2012, 11:13:48 am »
I have never had a sunroof in any car since attending a car accident where the driver had been decapitated by being thrown out half way through the sunroof !

That sounds gruesome, I can see how such sights would affect what you buy and how you drive -  I'm sure it could be an education for us all.

That said, It wouldn't stop me buying a car with a sunroof

Gone - Candy White MK5 Golf GTI (you never really forget your first true love...!)
MK7 Candy White GTI pp - you can never have enough eye candy

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2012, 11:23:32 am »

....No safety belt?

Even if the car involved had no sunroof the accident circumstances sound as if the driver would have very likely broken his/her neck on impact with the roof.

There's no such mass production car that can guarantee the lives of its occupants in the event of an accident (or incident).

Why are accidents now called incidents? - No such event is ever caused intentionally and therefore it is always an accident whether someone might be to blame or not. And there isn't always a blame to be attached.

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline garrardrj

• Thank You
  • -Given: 76
  • -Receive: 42
  • EX 2007 Golf Edition 30 owner in Suffolk
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2012, 11:30:08 am »

....No safety belt?

Even if the car involved had no sunroof the accident circumstances sound as if the driver would have very likely broken his/her neck on impact with the roof.

There's no such mass production car that can guarantee the lives of its occupants in the event of an accident (or incident).

Why are accidents now called incidents? - No such event is ever caused intentionally and therefore it is always an accident whether someone might be to blame or not. And there isn't always a blame to be attached.

Well in Police speak they are now RTC's compared to RTA's . Changed the A for accident to C for collision. This is generally to do with the fact that someone is always at fault !

The seat belt question . Well it was still done up and in the required position. Did he  he sit on top of it ? I know that it was never known  whether he was wearing it as required.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2012, 11:37:44 am by garrardrj »
2015 Golf R White 5 Door Leather DCC Dynaudio Pretorias
2009 Land Rover Freelander HSE - Workhorse
2007 Mk 5 Golf GTI Edition 30 - SOLD

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2012, 11:39:35 am »

Well in Police speak they are now RTC's compared to RTA's . Changed the A for accident to C for collision. This is generally to do with the fact that someone is always at fault !

....I don't think it is at all fair and just to state it as fact that "someone is always at fault!" - That is the sort of premise which an insurance company would use! It may well be true in the vast majority of cases but that is quite different from being "fact" and "always". I think that it has to be proved beyond reasonable doubt and that we are all innocent until proved guilty of something.

Something accidental might occur (a mechanical or tyre failure, for example) which then creates circumstances in which that causes an accident/incident. You can't always assume that a tyre failure is the result of bad maintenance even if it is often the case.